Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Late - Also contains TMI

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi there, my hubby and I have been TTC for nearly a year now. My cycle is very irregular - sometimes up to 40 days and sometimes I don't get one at all (I've had tests and was told its one of those things)
    My last AF started on Feb 28th and after that we were DTD quite regularly. Just after easter, I did a test and it was negative. I had just started a new job and put it down to stress so didn't think any more of it. Did another test mid April and still negative. On May 2nd, I got bad pains in my back and pelvis and kind of dragging pain and TMI alert
    I passed 2 fairly big clots
    I had no other bleeding and have had nothing since. In the last few days, I have had back pain again but nothing is happening.
    My doctor won't refer me for further tests until I have gone 90 days without AF. I'm afraid to take another test in case its negative again...
    I don't know if I just want to get it off my chest or if I'm hoping someone has had something similar or if anyone can give any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Don't accept no for an answer. You can refer yourself to Napro and they will help you get answers. I'm fed up of the lazy unexplained or just one of those things responses so many of us on here have gotten. We were unexplained infertility, then unexplained multiple miscarriages, now we know. A combination of endometriosis, a fibroid and a septum in my womb. All now gone. If anyone had investigated properly 4 years ago we'd be a lot further along than we are. Go get your answers and don't let anyone put you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What kind of tests tell you it's just one of those things? It has to be something surely? I agree with poster above... Change gp or head to napro. You sound like you are being fobbed off.

Dull back ache and wonky periods is what I get when I get a cyst, but there are probably a million other things it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

What tests have you had?

GP's attitude is odd, i'd change GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Thanks for your replies guys. So far, I have been tested for PCOS, thyroid malfunction, premature menopause, chlamydia, gonorrhea, Asherman syndrome... God knows what else.. I had a hysteroscopy at the start when it happened first and nothing showed up..
    Have made an appointment with a Well Womens clinic near work to see if they can do any other tests or offer any other advice...
    Thanks again for you replies x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I would second the advice of changing doctors. We were a year trying and thankfully my GP referred me straight away when I asked. Even then it was a year after that again that we got our pregnancy, because there was about 9 weeks wait for the appointment, (even private) then got a few tests, then by the time the results came through and I was on some meds that I had to give it 6 months on. Then when we went back after that, it was on the third month of clomid that we got lucky.

(and I was a relatively easy "infertile" to solve - I ovulated, all tests were perfect, all it took was the clomid to nudge my ovaries a bit more.)

So yeah, if your GP is incapable of writing a letter for you to a service you are willing to pay for anyway, just change to one who will listen to you and not fob you off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement