Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

--Ecograte- Anyone using it? --

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I like the idea. Anyone know of the cooler flue gasses are causing any extra deposits in the flue?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Wearb wrote: »
    I like the idea. Anyone know of the cooler flue gasses are causing any extra deposits in the flue?

I suppoose it depends on what you're burning? I burn bone-dry wood logs like Megatherm and Prima Fuels Rocket Blaze and, even when burnt with house coal, very little furring. But when burning very low moisture wood? No deposits at all.

I find that with coal, unless you are careful not to overload the basket, the fan will deliver smuts all over the room. With wood, zero problems.

Bone-dry wood and coal is the perfect mix for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What I don't like about it is that it's mains powered, it's a pity the fan setup to radiate the heat could not have been setup to operate from the heat generated from the fire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

What I don't like about it is that it's mains powered, it's a pity the fan setup to radiate the heat could not have been setup to operate from the heat generated from the fire?
    Possible of course. But it would cost eleventy million euro. You could, of course, tinker with electronics yourself and make it work but that would be against regs or something.
    Always something eh?!

Advertisement