Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband Athenry

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Can anyone explain why I cannot get Sky Broadband in Athenry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Smorganna wrote: »
    Why are you asking in the Eircom forum. Why not ask Sky themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Smorganna

Why are you asking in the Eircom forum. Why not ask Sky themselves?
    Well Kristopherus.....

It seems it's an Eircom issue.

I'd like to find out directly from them.

Sky have given me an explanation but I'd be VERY interested to hear what EIRCOM have to say!

Well Kristopherus.....

It seems it's an Eircom issue.

I'd like to find out directly from them.

Sky have given me an explanation but I'd be VERY interested to hear what EIRCOM have to say!
    I have not been able to get an Eircom person on the phone either btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Smorganna

I cannot answer for Sky broadband. If you would like me to check for eircombroadband availability at an address I would be happy to look into this for you however we are unable to comment on other providers service or procedures.

Regards

Al

Hi Smorganna

I cannot answer for Sky broadband. If you would like me to check for eircombroadband availability at an address I would be happy to look into this for you however we are unable to comment on other providers service or procedures.

Regards

Al
    Well Alan
    From what I understand it's your bosses issue so I'd like to know why Eircom will not make so that I can get the ADSL connection I requested from my chosen supplier.
    The exchange is in Athenry approx 500 yards from my door.
    Over to you.
    Regards,
    S

• Advertisement

Well Alan
    From what I understand it's your bosses issue so I'd like to know why Eircom will not make so that I can get the ADSL connection I requested from my chosen supplier.
    The exchange is in Athenry approx 500 yards from my door.
    Over to you.
    Regards,
    S

Hi Smorganna

As previously advised I am unable to comment on service other providers can or cannot offer.

Regards

Al

I believe Alan you are completely or deliberately missing the point.

Eircom are the phone line provider - thanks to this phone line provider I cannot get the bband service I chose and I would like an explanation from EIRCOM as to why they are preventing me from getting this service.

Perhaps you could look into it some more and not avoid the issue or is it now the practice to monopolise ADSL connections and block users from using certain bband suppliers.  I'm sure my consumer rights are being infringed here.

I'm sure the population would appreciate the answer.

Eircom are the phone line provider - thanks to this phone line provider I cannot get the bband service I chose and I would like an explanation from EIRCOM as to why they are preventing me from getting this service.

Perhaps you could look into it some more and not avoid the issue or is it now the practice to monopolise ADSL connections and block users from using certain bband suppliers.  I'm sure my consumer rights are being infringed here.

Hi Smorganna

Would you be able to provide your Address by DM so I can have a better understanding of what the issue may be? 

Al

Hi Smorganna

Would you be able to provide your Address by DM so I can have a better understanding of what the issue may be? 

Al
    DM sent

DM sent

DM sent in reply

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Smorganna

I have been speaking to Al, in relation to this this thread and your PM's

Can you Clarify why you believe that  the reason you are unable to get "Sky Broadband in Athenry  & It seems it's an Eircom issue"?

Who advised you this and what reasons were you given as to the problem being with eircom?

I am sure you understand that when you make direct statements such as "Eircom are the phone line provider - thanks to this phone line provider I cannot get the bband service I chose and I would like an explanation from EIRCOM as to why they are preventing me from getting this service"

Without clarifying who you spoke to or where you got the information on either your thread or DM's and then expect a reply or comment on a statement without any background or context is a way to restrict or manipulate our response to a query.

Al checked the address you PM. We checked the exchange, neighbouring lines with eircom service to confirm that the broadband service was available in the area.

As we advised we can not comment on other providers products or services. Again if you wish to detail the information you were given, we will do our best to answer it openly and honestly.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Smorganna

I have been speaking to Al, in relation to this this thread and your PM's

Can you Clarify why you believe that  the reason you are unable to get "Sky Broadband in Athenry  & It seems it's an Eircom issue"?

Who advised you this and what reasons were you given as to the problem being with eircom?

I am sure you understand that when you make direct statements such as "Eircom are the phone line provider - thanks to this phone line provider I cannot get the bband service I chose and I would like an explanation from EIRCOM as to why they are preventing me from getting this service"

Without clarifying who you spoke to or where you got the information on either your thread or DM's and then expect a reply or comment on a statement without any background or context is a way to restrict or manipulate our response to a query.

Al checked the address you PM. We checked the exchange, neighbouring lines with eircom service to confirm that the broadband service was available in the area.

As we advised we can not comment on other providers products or services. Again if you wish to detail the information you were given, we will do our best to answer it openly and honestly.

Thanks, Mark
    Well Mark

First off, I'm not at all impressed with your unprofessional reply.

I do not need you to comment on anyone else's services or products thank you very much.  I am quite familiar with the service and product I want and the reason I cannot get it.  Lets see if you can work it out.

Who operates the phone network in Ireland but more specifically here beside me in Athenry?  Hmmmm let me see EIRCOM!!!  Therefore it's hmmmm let me see... an EIRCOM ISSUE.

With regards to Clarifying who I spoke to and where I got the information - what do you think?  

Is it not obvious that I have been speaking to Sky?  Is it not obvious that if I could get the service I wanted through the supplier I wanted - that I would not be posting here looking for an explanation from you?

It is more obvious that someone here in Eircom is trying to avoid the subject by not being open and not being honest.

The point that is not being addressed here is the country's phone network supplier taking the responsibility to upgrade the switch's so that there is sufficient room for new broadband requests from the various product and service suppliers.

Quoting back my comments and alleging that bband is available in the area is not addressing the issue.  If broadband is available in the area then WHY can I not get the broadband and talk package I want from my chosen supplier through your phone network.

Can you answer me that?  If I require ADSL connected broadband how do I get that?  Somewhat rhetorical that question.

Imagine in this day and age being told you cannot have a service because there is no space at the exchange!!

Well Mark

First off, I'm not at all impressed with your unprofessional reply.

I do not need you to comment on anyone else's services or products thank you very much.  I am quite familiar with the service and product I want and the reason I cannot get it.  Lets see if you can work it out.

Who operates the phone network in Ireland but more specifically here beside me in Athenry?  Hmmmm let me see EIRCOM!!!  Therefore it's hmmmm let me see... an EIRCOM ISSUE.

With regards to Clarifying who I spoke to and where I got the information - what do you think?  

Is it not obvious that I have been speaking to Sky?  Is it not obvious that if I could get the service I wanted through the supplier I wanted - that I would not be posting here looking for an explanation from you?

It is more obvious that someone here in Eircom is trying to avoid the subject by not being open and not being honest.

The point that is not being addressed here is the country's phone network supplier taking the responsibility to upgrade the switch's so that there is sufficient room for new broadband requests from the various product and service suppliers.

Quoting back my comments and alleging that bband is available in the area is not addressing the issue.  If broadband is available in the area then WHY can I not get the broadband and talk package I want from my chosen supplier through your phone network.

Can you answer me that?  If I require ADSL connected broadband how do I get that?  Somewhat rhetorical that question.

Hi Smorganna

I appreciate that a few providers use the eircom network to provide both phone and broadband service.

There are a number of factors that can affect the broadband service. Which is why we can never guarantee the broadband service or speed to any address (As per eircom terms and conditions).

Without being able to test your line directly. I understood from the thread and PM's that you were speaking to sky and they advised you as to why they are unable to provide you with service at the address or specific area.

However you requested a specific response from eircom (we as eircom board moderators) to outline why you are unable to a product with another company. From what I can ascertain you were informed it was a network issue?

However without knowing the information or reasons you were given that informed your thread and query you stated "it's seems to be an eircom issue"

"Sky have given me an explanation but I'd be VERY interested to hear what EIRCOM have to say!"

The issue is in relation eircom wholesale, and asking for a reply on a question that was informed by information from another provider regarding their products and services in relation to the eircom network.

After reading and re-reading you thread and PMs I am still not clear as to what question / aspect you would like an eircom response to?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Smorganna

I appreciate that a few providers use the eircom network to provide both phone and broadband service.

There are a number of factors that can affect the broadband service. Which is why we can never guarantee the broadband service or speed to any address (As per eircom terms and conditions).

Without being able to test your line directly. I understood from the thread and PM's that you were speaking to sky and they advised you as to why they are unable to provide you with service at the address or specific area.

However you requested a specific response from eircom (we as eircom board moderators) to outline why you are unable to a product with another company. From what I can ascertain you were informed it was a network issue?

However without knowing the information or reasons you were given that informed your thread and query you stated "it's seems to be an eircom issue"

"Sky have given me an explanation but I'd be VERY interested to hear what EIRCOM have to say!"

The issue is in relation eircom wholesale, and asking for a reply on a question that was informed by information from another provider regarding their products and services in relation to the eircom network.

After reading and re-reading you thread and PMs I am still not clear as to what question / aspect you would like an eircom response to?

Thanks, Mark

I don't think you really did re-read anything Mark.
    There is no more room on the old switch for any new broadband customers with the provider I have chosen.  What do Eircom have to say about that?

I don't think you really did re-read anything Mark.
    There is no more room on the old switch for any new broadband customers with the provider I have chosen. What do Eircom have to say about that?

Hi Smorganna

Thanks you for clarifying. Our function as moderators on boards is to provide product and service support for the eircom consumer base.

We can not coment on any issues regarding wholesale aspect of the network. Suffice to say that eircom try and insure all code of coduct practices are adhered to, as set by the telecommunications regulator.

Again I appreciate you elaborating on what you were advised of, I am sorry I am not in a position to comment on a wholesale issue.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Smorganna

Thanks you for clarifying. Our function as moderators on boards is to provide product and service support for the eircom consumer base.

We can not coment on any issues regarding wholesale aspect of the network. Suffice to say that eircom try and insure all code of coduct practices are adhered to, as set by the telecommunications regulator.

Again I appreciate you elaborating on what you were advised of, I am sorry I am not in a position to comment on a wholesale issue.

Thanks, Mark
    Will have to check with the regulator then - since no one in Ericom wants to address the state of your DSLAM's.

Advertisement