Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you recommend for a 'realistic panda' ?'

Options
  • 13-05-2013 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

My sister has decided she wants a 'realistic looking panda holding a cherry blossom' about 4/5 inches on her wrist for her birthday and I haven't a clue who to send her to. I have her coming here to Dub to get it as she's only 19 and I wanted to make sure she didn't get something ****e, but sure now I haven't a notion who go send her to! I'm also thinking she's looking at about two hours work? I have sent her links to a few artists and she seems to like Michal in Snakebite so far but isn't as keen on him as I'd like her to be before deciding!

If anyone has any recs I'd be forever grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Check out Kris Barnas in Widcat's Stephen's Green studio. He just completed an awesome realistic jungle sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Adiboo wrote: »
    Check out Kris Barnas in Widcat's Stephen's Green studio. He just completed an awesome realistic jungle sleeve.

Lifesaver! Thanks will check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

Where is she coming from, there s plenty of good artists outside Dublin, would nearly say some far better outside Dublin,
    Would imagine a lot serve there time in the city where theres plenty of work to practice, then setup someplace else,

PaudyW wrote: »
    Where is she coming from, there s plenty of good artists outside Dublin, would nearly say some far better outside Dublin,
    Would imagine a lot serve there time in the city where theres plenty of work to practice, then setup someplace else,
    From Donegal - Letterkenny. To be honest, I'd like to go with her as it's her first one and I'm getting it for her for her birthday when she comes here for the weekend. I know a few around Donegal but nothing outstanding, I'm open to any recs though.

I'm thinking of heading to Marcin in Zulu myself next so have showed her his work and that jungle one Kris did so I reckon it's a toss up! That frog Kris did is deadly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have a look at Attila in wildcat aswell, I think it's dinorebel who is getting a wldlife sleeve done by him, pics are in the I'll show you mine thread.

On the phone so can't grab links but it's looking impressive so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Denise in Snakebite has been turning out some awesome animals recently (especially dogs!)
    http://snakebite.ie/Albums/Tattoos/gallery%20denise/denise%20slideshow/Colour/denise%20colour.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't go wrong with any of those recommendations so far.

Again, Stephen Kennedy in Galway Bay for animal portraits.

32595_623093647718907_1513683146_n.jpg

Ahh you're wee legends altogether! Thanks a lot for these recs - I've sent them all on to her so she can make her mind up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Have a look at Attila in wildcat aswell, I think it's dinorebel who is getting a wldlife sleeve done by him, pics are in the I'll show you mine thread.

On the phone so can't grab links but it's looking impressive so far.

Here's the pic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83384738&postcount=564

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

TheBellJar wrote: »
    that jungle one Kris did

Would you have a pic or a link to this?

• Advertisement

Would you have a pic or a link to this?

923235_605406056137577_811385831_n.jpg

After all that, she's sent me a link to one she likes which is far from realistic! Teenagers! :P

After all that, she's sent me a link to one she likes which is far form realistic! Teenagers! :P

Makes sense. You can have loads of ideas and then just see something that clicks. Who'd she go for anyway?

Orim wrote: »
    Makes sense. You can have loads of ideas and then just see something that clicks. Who'd she go for anyway?
    Ah yeah I know that.

She just found that one online , wasn't from someone in Ireland. But now she's gone from wanting a cartoony type one to saying it'll look stupid when she's older - I'm just leaving her to it now to decide! I'm not taking responsibility for it when she changes her mind again in a years time :p

By sounds of it you're best off backing out now. Tomorrow she'll want an abstract one and then it'll be back to realistic.

What I always advise is printing out whatever you think you want and put it beside your bed so you're looking at it twice a day. Then leave it for a couple of months and you'll know for certain what you want. Get her to do that.

Orim wrote: »
    By sounds of it you're best off backing out now. Tomorrow she'll want an abstract one and then it'll be back to realistic.

What I always advise is printing out whatever you think you want and put it beside your bed so you're looking at it twice a day. Then leave it for a couple of months and you'll know for certain what you want. Get her to do that.

Ah in fairness to the wee scoot, she's wanted a panda for about 2 years now (she's obsessed) so she's fairly solid on that - it's just the actual style that seems to be the issue!:pac:

Update!

This is what she's after, but small enough to go on her wrist.

276971445805262765pa3e4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Update!

This is what she's after, but small enough to go on her wrist.

Panda!

If she gets that small on her wrist all the lovely hair detail that makes that piece will be lost, or simply the hairs will be much bigger/thicker compared to the size of the panda.

If she gets that small on her wrist all the lovely hair detail that makes that piece will be lost, or simply the hairs will be much bigger/thicker compared to the size of the panda.

I get what you're saying. She's looking about the size of the palm of your hand though, not mad small. Like this. Think I'll get her to send it to a few artists to see what they say!

I'd say if she want it done cute as that seems to be the looks she's going for have a look at Rob Mulligan and add some colour to it, but as Damo said for fine details like in the first image the wrist will be to small an area.

• Advertisement

I'd say if she want it done cute as that seems to be the looks she's going for have a look at Rob Mulligan and add some colour to it, but as Damo said for fine details like in the first image the wrist will be to small an area.

Funny you should say that, I sent her a bunch of portfolios to look at and she picked Rob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I would definitely recommend Attila at Wildcat if she does end up going for the realistic approach this is what he has done for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84693570&postcount=789

dinorebel wrote: »
    I would definitely recommend Attila at Wildcat if she does end up going for the realistic approach this is what he has done for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84693570&postcount=789

Read the thread man ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Read the thread man ;).
    Just seen it:)

Advertisement