Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 years for killing one and almost killing another!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

mattjack wrote: »
    I can't hear you , I'm wearing a towel.

Apology accepted! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mattjack wrote: »
    Do you make this stuff up yourself , they can't draw the dole in prison.

Ahem, I remember it being on the news last year that a good few prisoners claimed the dole when they were in jail.

It's not allowed, but some of them were managing to do it somehow.

There was an investigation into it and that's the last anyone ever heard of it.

Same as every other investigation in this beautiful little banana republic of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Prisoners should NOT be allowed to
    Draw the dole While in prison. Released
    From a 3 year sentence with 30,000 +
    In the bank " saved" -
    And no bills; gas, TV, LX, food, medical, dental etc to pay or contribute Towards while serving For Crimes.

And pensioners, victims & taxpayers go short on services & are
    Hit with crucifying living costs & taxes.

GTFO of it.
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    Ahem, I remember it being on the news last year that a good few prisoners claimed the dole when they were in jail.

It's not allowed, but some of them were managing to do it somehow.

There was an investigation into it and that's the last anyone ever heard of it.

Same as every other investigation in this beautiful little banana republic of ours.

Your first post was worded in such a way that suggested prisoners were allowed draw the dole while in prison .

Your second post changes tack slightly to clarify your point , its fairly well known that prisoners will try and continue to claim their benefit ,using family members to collect a claim , by having money lodged directly into accounts etc.Prisoners being prisoners will try anything for an easy life, smuggle phones , use drugs and even try escape.

I cant see any connection between your investigation comment and banana republic comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

BattleCorp wrote: »
    QUOTE]

I can vouch for that, it was sandwiched between the reports on the Tooth Fairy threatening strike action, and an interview with the head of the Illuminati in which he denied his organization was being controlled by the Lizard people.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Maybe instead of the property tax we could raise revenue for the poor bondholders by charging upstanding citizens for the privilege of ensuring that prisoners' lives are as miserable as possible? Just use the same structures as the old Prison Visitor programme, with a few changes. Maybe a premium rate for doing a bit of torturing, a one-off payment to get to decide whether someone 'deserves' their human rights, and entry in a lottery for the chance of carrying out an execution? To judge by the threads on here, people would be lining up, we'd be out of national hock in no time, our streets would be safe to walk and just think of the steaming hot justice that would have been ladled out!

Alternatively we could pre-emptively imprison people who spend undue amounts of time fantasising about degrading and abusing prisoners, since that's bound to get more than a few unpleasant characters off the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Bananna country was right.

We should all just leave & let it sink & all the skivvies & scanners with it .

Beyond redemption at this stage.

Bleeding hearters have it destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Bananna country was right.

We should all just leave & let it sink & all the skivvies & scanners with it .

Beyond redemption at this stage.

Bleeding hearters have it destroyed.

whats a scanner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

The approach needs to be holistic as it is in Northern Europe. You were on the right track with Japan, carry on with your research as to where has lower crime and recidivism. The only caveat - when you find it take a look at their tax levels.

Meh, I paid 36% tax rate in Sweden when I worked there. It's proportional to income so equitable IMO (much more so than here), especially when you consider what you get for those taxes.

It'd cause the 'hang em high' lot here to froth at the mouth no doubt, but have you read about the Norwegian prison system? lowest re-offending rate in Europe. http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/feb/25/norwegian-prison-inmates-treated-like-people

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1989083,00.html

That's what's possible when you have a society that is far more egalitarian than our own, one that truly cherishes all of it's citizens equally and does not criminalise it's poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

News today of another Lithuanian murder in Co.Meath which took place a few weeks ago....

And of course we all know the story of Jolanta Ljubiene and her child,from Lithuania,both stabbed to death by a fellow Lithuanian.

Almost exactly a year after the Xmas murder in Nenagh which is the subject of this thread,Greta Dudko(Lithuania) clubbed her own mother to death with a bottle in an apartment in Dublin.

Again in Nenagh,in 06 or 07(Im not sure of the year),a Latvian and a Ukrainian went for each other with knives and the Ukrainian was killed,being stabbed 4 times.

No doubt there has been,and will be,more incidents like these involving foreign nationals so my question is-has there been and will there be also "LENIENCY" shown to the foreign murderers mentioned above??

F.f.s,they've been killing each other since they came here,and that type of scum should never have been allowed here in the first place-let's face it,we already have more than our own fair share of problems with crime over here.

Advertisement