Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Asha 501 - Cheap alternative to Lumia - Should cost €79~

Options
  • 13-05-2013 8:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

Thoughts on this?

Out around the end of June worldwide.

Has a 48 day battery apparently, and the Asha 501 will come in red, blue, black, yellow, white and green while its hardware is set to include a 3″ multi-touch screen, Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as 3.2 Mega Pixel camera and a MicroSD memory option, which is expandable up to 32 GB.

7u4BjKBm.jpg

1e8XTmEm.jpg

Its going to cost approx £69/$99 so Im guessing we will get it for about €79/€89?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The phone looks pretty but the specs are awful.

240x320 is just far too small of a resolution for a smartphone and the screen itself looks far too small at only 3 inches. Trying to operate an on-screen keyboard is going to be a nightmare.

I see there's no 3G either, so if you try to use the phone on the move you're going to be getting 56k dial up speeds if you're lucky.

I don't know what the story is with apps these days, but when I used an Asha before, app availability was probably the worst out of any phone I ever used. At the time, you couldn't even have more than one app running, so if you wanted to switch between apps, you had to restart all over again every time.

The likes of the Sony Xperia E at €80 looks a much, much better proposition. What Nokia are thinking with this phone is just weird, maybe they think people will be fooled by the pretty colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

These are not smartphones, they are feature phones. Nokia are trying to Hoover up the very low end market, users that are using current Nokia feature phones. The plan then is to get them to upgrade to the lumia range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Its a low end mid spec phone aimed at budget level,again spreading the purse.

Did you see the livecast and what it does,for the price it will sell.

Advertisement