Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blood bike west run this sunday

• 13-05-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

blood bike west are having a run from galway thru the burren and co clare, registartion from 9.00am in the huntsman pub, leaving at 10.30, i'm going anyone else on here going to support and help raise a few bob?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Would love to but I'll be stuck in work. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

How do these runs work? I'm a newbie & have never been on one. Does everyone pay a fee to a charity before the run or how do they raise money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just turn up to the Huntmans on the day with cash in hand.

http://www.bloodbikewest.ie/burrenbikerun.htm

551421_499133430136518_197106015_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Cheers for posting this dude.
    Myself and a mate will be heading to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

not me organising it, just thought it was a good cause and should be a good day out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

It was a great spin last year. Had lunch in a hotel in Liscannor (i think) and the sun was splitting the rocks. The coast road from ballyvaughan towards black head is one of the nicest routes in the country for a spin (IMO of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

best of luck gents - will be away unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Would love to go out for a spin, I only got up on 2 wheels 4 months ago and dont know anyone else from galway who rides, should be a good way to meet some like minded folks and raise a few bob for a good cause

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Would love to go out for a spin, I only got up on 2 wheels 4 months ago and dont know anyone else from galway who rides, should be a good way to meet some like minded folks and raise a few bob for a good cause

then turn up and start chatting! i'll be riding a '96 blue triumph trophy, a mate will be on a silver k1100 bmw

Ill be there alright, will be on a 95 silver suzuki gsx 400

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I wish I was going on this run but I'll be working Sunday :(

There's some really beautiful scenery along the route. Just a heads-up that the road to Kinvara isn't the greatest, especially the road surface just on the outskirts to the village. But from Kinvara on it's fine.

Anyway, hope ye have a great ride-out.

well that was a cracking day out, 80 bikes on the annual burren bike run, lovely weather too!!! thanks to all the marshalls and organisers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

pity 2 arsehole in jeeps pulled out into the convoy in Ennistimon and drove @ 50Kph for around 10k before we could get passed them, oblivious to their ignorance and around 15 of use got cut off the back end and lost the trail...............................
    Nice day out still

Had a great day, met some sound lads and learned a bit about riding around some pretty hairy bends... a great day out!

Advertisement