Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking my FX6300

• 13-05-2013 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I'm playing with the voltages at the moment to try and keep it stable @ 4.4
    The voltage is set to 1.4 Running prime for the last hour and the CPU temp gets to 69 max is that an ok temp? I've read elsewhere that you shouldn't let the 6300 go above 71 but mine hasn't been moving above 69 sometimes going down to 67.
    Played dayz for almost three hours without any problems before I ran prime if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I try to keep any processor, gpu or cpu below 75c. Most are safe a bit higher, and throttling normally doesn't kick in until the 90's or 100's. I don't know the exact figures for those but that sound's fine to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Cool thanks, 4 hours into the prime test and still no errors sticking to the same temps as well I'll leave it run for another hour and call it a day

Advertisement