Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greasing the Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Just finished my 3rd session of the day. Glorious amount of cals eaten today and more food to go.

Not ideal but tested my active scapular hang tonight. Dead hang, arms completely straight, shoulders fully depressed, ears up near elbows and hold. Held it for 2 min 34 sec. Would expect over 3 mins fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

3 sessions? Super jealous!

ferike1 wrote: »

Paying for it today but what a great day I had. Imagine having the time to play 6 hours a day.

Usuall circuit this morning,

Lowered the push press to focus on technique.

DL 150 x 4 was the highlight this morning with double overhand grip and dead stop with 1, maybe 2 more in the tank. Did 150x3 2 months ago, which was double BW. Carbs are up now so my weight moves anywhere between 75 - 77, prob have put on a bit of muscle from what others tell me.

4 hours of mobility, handstand work and weighted/pnf stretching.

IM1 moved 2 inches each side. Weighted disclocates moved and inch either side. Actually made some progress with inlocates too.

• Advertisement

Had a ****e nights sleep last night so wasn't in the mood for this morning so I dropped everything else and just focused on my squat.

Every warm up set felt heavy, so was surprised the weight kept going up. Seemed to wake up after 120 x 3
    125 x 2
    135 x 1. This matches previous 1RM but to me it's a new 1RM because of the difference between the 2 squats. Everything about it was better. 140 is there I reckon but no hurry. 17-19kg away from 2XBW.

Off to the Isle of Wight tomorrow for a week. buzzin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ivan.Drago

+1!!!

Hope your trip goes well - sounds like it will be great craic!

Unbelievable week in the Isle of Wight. Good for the soul.

Had swollan glands when I got back from holidays so yesterday was my first day to do some sort of training.

Went through Foundation 1 today, core in bits from testing everything one after the other. Didn't have equipment to test everything at home but the majority of it was handy enough as expected but there was a few things I could improve on. Struggled with the leg stuff because of mobility.

• Advertisement

Tested front squat this morning.

90kg was my last 1rm 4 months ago and haven't front squatted since.

Warm up

Bar x 10
    30 x 5
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    60 x 3
    70 x 3
    80 x 3
    90 x 1
    100 x 1
    105 x 1 New 1rm.

This weeks a write off, training wise. Hips didn't feel right squatting on Monday so I stopped after a few sets. By that evening I was in bits, left hip flexors, left QL, both quads, right adductors especially. Did a few tests, left glute wasn't firing at all so reckon everything else had to compensate. Luckily got a massage Tuesday morning to help relieve some pain, re-test and get glute working again. Don't know what caused it. Anyway, just working on movement and flexibility for the rest of the week.

Back training handstands in the morning for a while.

Warm up

A.) 50 mins of handstand conditioning.

B1.) RDL 80kg x 4 x 5
    B2.) 4x6 depress/retract lever pulls (tempo)

C.) single arm bent over row 16kg x 3x10 (tempo)

D.) small bit of external rotation.

Could potentially have a broken toe so my training is kinda spoiled a bit. Can't move 1 of my toes and can barely move another but will know more when swelling goes down.

Warm up

A.) 50 mins handstand conditioning - mostly core stuff on floor.

B.) was supposed to be deadlift.

C1.) hip thrust 90kg x 5x6
    C2.) retract/depress scapula pull up chest to bar (very strict) 5x3

What happened to your toe? Is it confirmed broken?

What happened to your toe? Is it confirmed broken?

Was holding a handstand face to wall 3inches from wall and was really pushing it tension wise for 60 seconds and ya know when you just have to bail. Well I kinda pushed a bit too much and had to bail very quick, which resulted in me cartwheeling and kicking 2 barbells fairly hard in my bare feet. Still not sure if broken or not. My 2nd and 3rd toe are still swolan a bit but I'm able to walk properly now and I've got movement back in my 2nd toe. Still can't move my 3rd toe though so will wait and see when swelling is completely gone.

Friday

A.) 50 mins handstand conditioning

B1.) front squats ( light coz of toe, see if I could put weight through my foot)
    B2.) retract/depress ring rows

C.) hanging activations

Warm up

B1.) RDL 90kg x 4 x 5
    B2.) 4x7 depress/retract lever pulls (tempo)

C.) single arm bent over row 16kg x 3x12 (tempo)

Full ROM on shoulder inlocates with shoulder width grip for solid reps plus 10s static hold. Head is reaching forward so need a bit more range to be in the correct position but nice progress, very happy with that.

Glutes are acting the bollox again so will be training them everyday for a week n leaving out other lower body stuff.

Warm up

A.) 50 mins handstand conditioning.

B1.) hip thrust 95kg x 5x6 plus a few 30s isometric holds.
    B2.) retract/depress scapula pull up chest to bar 5x4

C.) loads of resistence band stuff for glutes.

• Advertisement

This morning

Handstands & glutes.

Struggled this morning, body is shook after a wedding the weekend, feel better now though, the joys of training :)

B1.) Glute stuff (see tomorrow morning if the week of glute work has made a difference)
    B2.) 4 x depress/retract lever pulls (tempo)

C.) single arm bent over row 16kg x 3x15 (tempo)

A week of glutes seemed to have improved. Will keep a lot of it and do it on my off days, which aren't really off days since I'm always doing something.

Anyway this morning handstand conditioning was going great so spent the full hour n half on it.

(Notes)
    Finally broke the minute mark on chest to wall full body alignment without breaking alignment or body tension while maintaining full scapula elevation. A lot easier when not focusing on these queues.

Wall Runs - up to 5x45s. struggling with tilt from 25/30s onwards. (test/retest glutes/hip flexors).

A.) 50 mins handstand conditioning

B1.) paused front squats 60 x 5 x 3
    B2.) retract/depress ring rows

C.) hanging activations. Single arm hanging with depress/retract is fairly solid.

Warm up

B1.) RDL 95kg x 4 x 5
    B2.) 8,7,5,4 depress/retract lever pulls (tempo) struggled with tempo on these a bit because of the forearm pump from balancing in hs plus supersetting rdl's.

C.) retract/single arm bent over row 20kg x 3x8 (tempo)

Note: Keep an eye on wrist flexibility. My wrists are generally very good but have noticed a slight reduction in flexibility from the increased HS work.

Are you doing all the wrist prep?

Are you doing all the wrist prep?

Yeah wrist prep gets done every time I'm training handstands. I've been spending a lot more time upside of late and have noticed a slight regression in my wrist flexibility so will have to make sure I do the odd stretch here n there in the evenings.

Warm up

A.) 50 mins handstand conditioning.

B1.) hip thrust 100kg x 5x6
    B2.) retract/depress scapula pull up chest to bar 5x4

How is the toe?

• Advertisement

How is the toe?

Can move it a bit but not much, it's more the other toes are moving it. Think my metatarsal is broken so there's nothing I can do either way just let it heel. If I push down on metatarsal it's sore from the top and underneath. My big toe is my saving grace.

Advertisement