Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greasing the Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Ant11 wrote: »
    I'd have nowhere to hang them at home. I was thinking about getting eye bolts and putting them through the ceiling and into the joists and hang the rings from them. Well that's if my landlord lets me :)

Would that be safe though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Would that be safe though? :P

Not sure. Have read online of people using them. Them eye bolts are supposed to hold a certain amount of weight. Here's a few pict of what people have done.

Pissed off, no training today and possibly the rest of the week. Fell awkwardly on my shoulder at the weekend doing handstands. Been iceing and resting it since. Think it's just a bruise on the bone, shoulder muscles are fine. If I don't see improvements ill go see doc or physio. Don't really wana waste my time going the doc when they will send me to the hospital to sit on my hole for 18 hours waiting for an x-ray.

Gona focus on lower body mobility today and practice my pistols.

Not training is depressing:(. Spending most of my time working on lower mobility and reading the Supple Leopard. The more I read, the more broken I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

reading the Supple Leopard. The more I read, the more broken I feel.

Ha, that makes two of us!

• Advertisement

ferike1 wrote: »
    Ha, that makes two of us!

I don't even want to sit down anymore :)

Well, realized there was a lump on the top of my shoulder so went the doc yesterday and was sent for x-ray. X-ray was clear, doc reckons its a rotator cuff injury, probably a slight tear. Will know more when meet physio.

On the upside I measured my thighs yesterday and the leg work I was doing has been paying off.

Went to Hanley's squat workshop this morning. Was class, learned a **** load and gona start a new squat cycle tomorrow. Not going to do any upper body stuff until I see the physio.

Physio booked for tomorrow. Decided to hold off on starting the squat cycle this week and start it next Monday instead. Want a clear run at it without any distractions. Have been focusing on mobility and my ankles issues that I didn't even know I had.

Good news from the physio the other day. The hospital were wrong saying its a rotator cuff injury. It's actually an ac joint injury, which explains the lump on my shoulder. Have been focusing on shoulder rehab and mobility stuff since. Can't wait to get back to the gym Monday to start squatting.

Bit of a bold boy today and did a bit of training. Shoulder felt good, took it fairly easy anyway.

Took a vid of my ring muscle up at the end of the class, encouraging words from Ferike1:rolleyes:

Can also hear Andy giving out to me for not locking out.

Room to improve form but it ain't too bad considering I don't have rings and it's only my second time doing a ring MU.

• Advertisement

Back in the gym today :) that was a long 2 weeks off.

Wk1 day1 of squat cycle.

Warm up - lots.

Squat 70kg x 4 x 9.

Shoulder rehab stuff.

Done.

Squatting was great. New warm up defo made a difference.

Shoulder feeling good, not far off full recovery I reckon. Physio again this evening.

Wk 1/2

Warm up

Squat 75 x 5 x 7.

Shoulder rehab x lots. Who knew an exercise with 2kgs could be so hard.

1/3

Warm up

Squat 80kg x 7 x 5.

Shoulder rehab.

First time doing handstands today in a few weeks. Shoulder felt fine. It's still not 100% but getting there.

Squat cycle going gloriously well, loving it. New tekkers/prep is definitely a winner. Tip of the cap to Mr. Hanley

Warm up

Squat 85kg x 10 x 3.

Load of shoulder rehab and mobility stuff. Back with physio this morning he's very happy with my progress. Going to do a proper upper body workout towards the end of the week and see how it goes.

Bit of foam rolling and some ankle bashing to finish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Squat cycle going gloriously well, loving it. New tekkers/prep is definitely a winner. Tip of the cap to Mr. Hanley

Warm up

Squat 85kg x 10 x 3.

Load of shoulder rehab and mobility stuff. Back with physio this morning he's very happy with my progress. Going to do a proper upper body workout towards the end of the week and see how it goes.

Bit of foam rolling and some ankle bashing to finish.

This all looks lovely. Be sure to tell everyone abotu the incredible PR once it's all done.

Hanley wrote: »
    This all looks lovely. Be sure to tell everyone abotu the incredible PR once it's all done.

Indeed I will. Starting Wave 2 on Wednesday, debating whether to do a 5 or 10kg increase. Thoughts?

warm up

Squat
    80kg x 4 x 9.

Did a few pull ups afterwards to see how the shoulder was, thankfully not a bother:D.

Gona do a good upper sess tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Indeed I will. Starting Wave 2 on Wednesday, debating whether to do a 5 or 10kg increase. Thoughts?

7.5...?

Hanley wrote: »
    7.5...?

Went with 10. 1st Wave went so well I said why not.

• Advertisement

2 lads said to me this morning "we always see you on that foam roller your very flexible", I lol'ed.

Warm up - the usual.

Squat 85kg x 5 x 7.

Did a mixed bag of BW stuff to test my shoulder at a bit of everything. Not a bother :). Am going to keep up some of my shoulder rehab stuff for mobility and prob back to full training next week.

This morning

Warm up

Squat 95kg x 7 x 5.

Weight started to slow on the way up about the 3rd set and I started to feel like a pussy. Doing this cycle has taught me to sack up and just do it. Got a second wind and said to myself after the 7th set that I could of done more. Looking at the cycle laid out I've already hit some PR's and will continue to do so for the rest of the cycle. I've lifted these weight I'm using before but I never lifted them for as many sets/reps. I always stuck to 3-5 range.

Shoulder rehab.

Will do a bit more rehab this evening and a small bit of handstand stuff.

Quick one this morning

Warm

Squat 95kg x 10 x 3.

Wave 2 done, roll on wave 3.

Got the all clear from the physio, going to keep up some of the exercises for shoulder health.

This morning - first properish upper session in a while so was bit random. Gona ease back into it.

Warm up

Bw pull ups normal grip x 5 x 2

Weighted dead hang pull ups +20kg 3x3.

More pull ups varied grips. Was struggling doing 8 reps, which would normally be a warm up for me. Reckon I lost a bit of strength/endurance from no proper upper workout in a while. Should come back soon.

Diamond push ups 15 x3.

Did some inverted rows n then focused on my shoulder stuff.

Squatting tomorrow.

Wave 3 day 1

Went for a 10kg increase again.

Warm up

Squat 90kg x4 x 9. Was very tough, prob the hardest set/rep so far in the cycle, but never felt like id miss a rep. Defo a PR there.

Was fooked after it so foam rolled again n hit the showers.

This morning

Warm up

Squat 95kg x 7 x 5.

Weight started to slow on the way up about the 3rd set and I started to feel like a pussy. Doing this cycle has taught me to sack up and just do it. Got a second wind and said to myself after the 7th set that I could of done more. Looking at the cycle laid out I've already hit some PR's and will continue to do so for the rest of the cycle. I've lifted these weight I'm using before but I never lifted them for as many sets/reps. I always stuck to 3-5 range.

Shoulder rehab.

Will do a bit more rehab this evening and a small bit of handstand stuff.

Edit: just realised I wrote in the wrong weight for this last week. Did 90kg x 7 x 5 not 95.

Tomorrow it's 95kg x 5 x 7, And Wednesday will be 100 x 7 x 5.

Another squat day, another rep PR.

Warm up

Squat 95kg x 5 x 7.

And another.

Squat 100kg x 7 x 5.

Did some upper body weighted stuff this morning, pulls n dips. Squat cycle is my priority so not too push with having structured upper stuff. Mostly just keeping up my shoulder rehab/mobility.

Did 4 pitiful muscle ups too. First time doing then in over a Month. Form was good but they were ridiculously hard.

Squatting again tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Did some upper body weighted stuff this morning, pulls n dips. Squat cycle is my priority so not too push with having structured upper stuff. Mostly just keeping up my shoulder rehab/mobility.

Did 4 pitiful muscle ups too. First time doing then in over a Month. Form was good but they were ridiculously hard.

Squatting again tomorrow :)

When does your current cycle end and do you intend to test?:)

Advertisement