Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1DAY OLD TYRE

Options
  • 13-05-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Bought a new tyre for my racer sat and used it today.wall of tyre went to pieces after 30km.correct pressure and fitted properly.am I within my rights to return to bike shop I bought it or is it tough luck?used 2new tubes to get me to civilisation2!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Of course you are within your rights. take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Sure you can bring it back, but don't get upset if they don't hand you a new tyre or refund straight away. They're entitled to examine it to assess how the damage was caused and make an offer or none based on their findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

That's good to hear.thanks.

So took the tyre back today to bike shop.told him the story.no questions asked put a new tube and tyre on the bike and handed me a spare tube also on leaving.fair play Nigels bike shop in bantry.100 percent customer satisfaction!good on ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

geros29 wrote: »
    So took the tyre back today to bike shop.told him the story.no questions asked put a new tube and tyre on the bike and handed me a spare tube also on leaving.fair play Nigels bike shop in bantry.100 percent customer satisfaction!good on ya.

Result, now if only other retailers would look at this example on how to treat their customers, I gather you'll be taking your business there in the future?

Well done Nigels Bike Shop in Bantry !

vicwatson wrote: »
    Result, now if only other retailers would look at this example on how to treat their customers, I gather you'll be taking your business there in the future?

Well done Nigels Bike Shop in Bantry !

Been goin there all winter for tubes etc and service so unless this was the outcome wouldn't have gone back!he has my business for foreseeable future!

Advertisement