Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Mind CAO

Options
  • 13-05-2013 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys, does anyone know if it is possible to add some new courses in change of mind option for mature student? not looking too good for me that i will get the course i had put down as first few choices and wanted to add in arts in the universities, does anyone know if they are still accepting applications on the change of mind, or have i missed the boat?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

You can add courses as a Fetac and leaving cert but not as a mature

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

shawki wrote: »
    You can add courses as a Fetac and leaving cert but not as a mature

Not necessarily true. Mature applicants can add in new courses provided they aren't restricted application or as long as the applicant meets the specific requirements for consideration for a place. E.g. you cant introduce a course requiring the MSAP unless you have already sat the MSAP exam. Its a good idea to check directly with the colleges of the courses you want to introduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

ms.sunnyb wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know if it is possible to add some new courses in change of mind option for mature student? not looking too good for me that i will get the course i had put down as first few choices and wanted to add in arts in the universities, does anyone know if they are still accepting applications on the change of mind, or have i missed the boat?

Thanks

Hi Ms.sunnyb. Just wondering if you have found out any extra info on this? I have received conflicting information from colleges so not sure what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Not necessarily true. Mature applicants can add in new courses provided they aren't restricted application or as long as the applicant meets the specific requirements for consideration for a place. E.g. you cant introduce a course requiring the MSAP unless you have already sat the MSAP exam. Its a good idea to check directly with the colleges of the courses you want to introduce.

Hi paperclip2. Do you know this from personal experience or do you have any further info? Receiving conflicting info from colleges and online information. Have applied for arts in UCD but now would like to change this to UCC after circumstance change.

Hi paperclip2. Do you know this from personal experience or do you have any further info? Receiving conflicting info from colleges and online information. Have applied for arts in UCD but now would like to change this to UCC after circumstance change.

Yes, a number of my students have done this over the years. It comes down to the individual colleges who decide whether or not they accept the late applications through change of mind. You need to talk to the relevant admissions office as to their policy. You might need to be persistent depending on who you are dealing with :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ms.sunnyb

Hi, sorry for the late reply, only saw this now. it depends on the college, if you have already put a course down in CAO before FEB 1st they might accept your change of mind. I had applied for a place in NUI Maynooth and contacted the admissions office and they had no problem with me adding a new course during the change of mind period however I wanted to add a course in NUI Galway and they would not accept this as I had not put any course down for the Feb 1st deadline. You need to get in contact with admissions department of whatever college to find out for sure. Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nordie Durdle

Sorry don't mean to hijack -is it this week we matures get to accept our cao offers?

Should be ND. Good luck :)

Advertisement