Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can pensioners get subsidised refuse collection

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum i couldnt find one to correspond, basically I want to know if a retired couple on a state pension have to pay for their bin collection? or is there a subsidised scheme? i think greyhound collect their waste they are in Tallaght, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

No idea to be honest but maybe try giving them a call tomorrow. At least then you would get a definitive answer.
    Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:30pm; Bank Holidays 8:30am – 3:30pm

Phone: Locall 1890 929 333

Fax: 01-4571234

Calling From Abroad: +353 1461 2881

Postal address:

Crag Avenue,

Clondalkin Industrial Estate,

Dublin 22

Email: customercare@greyhoundrecycling.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I seriously doubt it because in the days when the local authorities were doing the collections, it was found that pensioners who were entitled to an exemption from the refuse charges were putting out significant amounts of refuse and of course the explanation was that people who were liable to pay were simply putting their bags into the wheelie bin belonging to the little old lady next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Many companies do provide smaller sized bins at a reduced rate for pensioners who would not normally have as much rubbish as most households.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Smaller sized bins and even bags are available to any household. There are no reductions or subsidies for pensioners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It would be against EU and Irish policy that the polluter pays.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭dartup

In some local authority areas, low-income households can avail of a waiver (that is, a reduction or total exemption) on waste and water charges made by private operators and by local authorities. These waivers vary greatly from region to region and in some areas they are not available at all. To find out if your local authority operates a waiver scheme, you should contact them directly

I would be interested to learn which councils still offer a waiver for 2013.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Interesting! I can see the few still operated by councils giving waivers but private companies (who are very much now the majority) are very unlikely to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

My mother is with Greyhound and she has a waiver? She gets reduced bin lifts. Think it's €4.90 per normal lift instead of €7. She was with Dublin City Council before Greyhound took over and got free lifts then. She's 84 and lives on her own.

• Advertisement

According to Alone greyhound do not operate a waiver in 2013. Sunk n City Council confirmed this. Confused!,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

greyhound no longer offer a waiver scheme to it's customers

Advertisement