Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other ways into Ag Science

• 13-05-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Does anyone know if there are other ways of getting into the Ag Science course in UCD as the points are high and I'm afraid I might get the points needed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

well for starters UCD isn't the only place that does Ag Science. Yu could go to DkIT or WIT and you always have the option either after or during your degree to transfer to UCD. My brother went to DkIT and now is currently in WIT studying agriculture. He finished in DkIT with a level 6, went to WIT got a level 7 degree and continued in this year and is currently doing his exams for his level 8. It seems better this way as you get a degree at each stage.

Hope that helps in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Karkar is right there. My friend went from doing his 3 years (I think) in Dkit/Ballyhaise and is now in UCD doing Ag Science :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

I'm in the exact same boat as you :o I'm hoping for UCD as I'll get to stay at home, but failing that I'll go for Agriculture in Waterford. I was thinking of doing Dundalk for a year and the going to UCD, but way I see it is, if I don't get UCD then I'll have to move out no matter where I go, so might as well just head to Waterford where it's a level 7. I've heard talk that with the surge in Ag Science on CAO forms they're thinking to making a level 8 in I think either Waterford or Cork, can't remember which one it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 murtquig

Look at lab technician course in Carlow ife it works as a stepping stone to equine science in ucd.

Advertisement