Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Dog people - rec me some things?

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

I'm hoping to get a dog in a few weeks time, and thought I'd post here to ask Drogheda people about doggy things.

Namely, would anyone be able to recommend me a vet, a dog groomer and one of those Doggy Day Care places (in case I need one in the long term)?

Much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Not a dog owner, but my cat and I recommend Allpets veterinary surgery on the Donore Rd - they're open 6 days a week, have an emergency number for out of hours service, and I find them very kind-hearted as well as professional. Plenty of parking available too.

(no connection other than as a customer - or the owner of a customer!)

Good luck with the new arrival!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'm hoping to get a dog in a few weeks time...

www.dar.ie always looking for good homes!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've been using AllPets for 4 years now. Never had any trouble and I've always been happy after being to see them. Their puppy parties I also think are a very good idea. As for grooming, I've only used the groomer in Equipet once and then I've done the rest myself. Saying that I was very happy after using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I use Allpets too. Ann Marie is fantastic, she has such an empathy for animals. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I have used the groomers in Equpet in the M1 retail park for my setters a few times but I normally try and look after the coat myself, depends on whether it's just a rake out or a full clip. There's also a good groomers in Mornington that my neighbour uses - Cathy and Alison are the ladies that run it - 086 4181822.

I'll pm you re daycare and boarding.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I go to Gerry O'Dowd in Ardee/Dunleer. Excellent vets and a very professional setup.
    Groomers; depends on what sort of dog you have or what type of groom you want. Anke in Gerry O'Dowd is excellent. Shampoodles in Termonfeckin aint bad either. Wouldn't recommend the Groom Room in Equippet. They advertise one price and make up another, the quality of the clip is not great.
    You might get more for your money there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Just saw this thread now, I use Westgate Veterinary clinic, they are brilliant and served me well, even coming up with a solution after a lot of research on how to save my poor doggys leg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 planet1

With respect, please please if you take your dog for a walk bring platic bags and clean up dog poo after your dog. I live in Meadowview and the greens are being destroyed by ignorant owners. People bring their dogs from far to use our green, but by far the worst culprit lives up the road and every morning brings his dog to the green and walks along the road as if it has nothing to do with him. You are being watched clean up, children have a right to play on the greens free from dog dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

planet1 wrote: »
    With respect, please please if you take your dog for a walk bring platic bags and clean up dog poo after your dog. I live in Meadowview and the greens are being destroyed by ignorant owners. People bring their dogs from far to use our green, but by far the worst culprit lives up the road and every morning brings his dog to the green and walks along the road as if it has nothing to do with him. You are being watched clean up, children have a right to play on the greens free from dog dirt!

Fair enough but the OP sounds responsible, as do all who replied. Probably preaching to the choir on this particular thread.

You know if there is a culprit you can identify then all you have to do is contact Louth County Council, as not picking up after your dog is an offence under the litter by-laws. Easy to do and they are very discreet and efficient in dealing with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've noticed there's signs put up here in Grange Rath a few weeks ago threatening fines if you're caught not picking it up. The only problem, mind, is I've yet to see any bins or the likes go up in the estate, but then it strikes me there's bigger problems afoot in GR right now.

I know though I hate when people leave stuff outside my house though so don't worry, I won't be a hypocrite about poop :P Have already identified a good offer online of a poop-shovel and 500 plastic bags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 planet1

Thanks for replies and as was said I'm probably preaching to the converted, but I did'nt know you could report people to the Council, so may do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement