Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony xperia Z phone bug?

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi so i brought an xperia z i love it!! but the phone wont charge when it it is powered off, it will only charge when it is turned on, (also flashmode wont work unless i use the power button aswell) will this be fixed in an update or should i send it for repair?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Googling says its a bug. Give it a while and sony will patch it most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hi so i brought an xperia z i love it!! but the phone wont charge when it it is powered off, it will only charge when it is turned on, (also flashboot wont work unless i use the power button aswell) will this be fixed in an update or should i send it for repair?

Spoke to a friend a while back who's a Sony rep and she confirmed it's a bug as far as she knows.

There's no point in sending it off for a repair as far as I can tell, they'll probably just flash reset it and nothing else. Leave it a while or maybe contact Sony to double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

ED E wrote: »
    Googling says its a bug. Give it a while and sony will patch it most likely.

Grand, im just afraid that if i let it discharge to 0% that it wont turn on again, i guess ill have to sit tight and hope its patched soon, im curious does anybody else on here have the same problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Spoke to a friend a while back who's a Sony rep and she confirmed it's a bug as far as she knows.

There's no point in sending it off for a repair as far as I can tell, they'll probably just flash reset it and nothing else. Leave it a while or maybe contact Sony to double check.

Thats a great to hear, i hope they are able to fix it soon so!!!

Advertisement