Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vita Trade in Price

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea what GameStop give in store credit for a wifi only Ps Vita? Can't find it on their website.

I'm thinking I trading in for a 3ds, I've been using PS+ to play games on my Vita, but aside from how incredible that service is, the vita doesn't seem to have many great games. Right now, especially with a Link to the Past sequel coming this year, the 3ds seems streets ahead in terms of games.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'd recommend holding onto the Vita. It's not going to come into its own until the PS4 launches, but you'll definitely want one again then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would recommend to try hunting down 3ds online. Even with trade in, you will get very bad value in gamestop on 3ds.
    Lately there were amazing deals on 3ds xl few weeks ago everywhere.

As mentioned above, hold on to ps vita because will be your portable ps4.
    When I was asking trade in value on vita few weeks ago it was stupidly low on llocal gamestop. So don't expect much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I would recommend to try hunting down 3ds online. Even with trade in, you will get very bad value in gamestop on 3ds.
    Lately there were amazing deals on 3ds xl few weeks ago everywhere.

As mentioned above, hold on to ps vita because will be your portable ps4.
    When I was asking trade in value on vita few weeks ago it was stupidly low on llocal gamestop. So don't expect much.

Argos have a decent deal on 3ds XL at the moment (~€160) which I took advantage of. Trade in prices were terrible for the vita, seems to be very little demand at the moment. It's a shame, a great device but not much interest. It seems that iPhone and android have taken over the portable market.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Argos have a decent deal on 3ds XL at the moment (~€160) which I took advantage of. Trade in prices were terrible for the vita, seems to be very little demand at the moment. It's a shame, a great device but not much interest. It seems that iPhone and android have taken over the portable market.

In fairness games on mobile phones are still in caveman state. They cant even compare to awesome high quality portable games on 3ds/ps vita. When they will make something that is remotely as high quality as RE: revalations, Fire emblem, Monster hunter 3, then I will take it seriuosly.
    Jst because few housewifes got angry birds to play, while having a ****, does not make it "gamers" platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

In fairness games on mobile phones are still in caveman state. They cant even compare to awesome high quality portable games on 3ds/ps vita. When they will make something that is remotely as high quality as RE: revalations, Fire emblem, Monster hunter 3, then I will take it seriuosly.
    Jst because few housewifes got angry birds to play, while having a ****, does not make it "gamers" platform.

Well that's debatable, but it certainly seems to be where the money is, which is what counts for the publishers I should think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea what GameStop give in store credit for a wifi only Ps Vita? Can't find it on their website.

I'm thinking I trading in for a 3ds, I've been using PS+ to play games on my Vita, but aside from how incredible that service is, the vita doesn't seem to have many great games. Right now, especially with a Link to the Past sequel coming this year, the 3ds seems streets ahead in terms of games.

I have a 3ds XL mariocart edition like new in box and also another few games which I was thinking of trading to get a ps vita PM me if you would be interested in a swap as it would save us both a lot of money

Advertisement