Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer

Options
  • 14-05-2013 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I'm in canada here and just opened a bank account. What details do i need to transfer money frofrom my boi account to canadian account and how much does it cost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinkerspony

m.j.w wrote: »
    I'm in canada here and just opened a bank account. What details do i need to transfer money frofrom my boi account to canadian account and how much does it cost
    You will need the Iban and bank sort code and acc. no. and full address of bank. Usually you can set the transfer up online on 365online.ie.  Just add an international payee and they will send you a code to youe irish address which you enter online and then you are set up. Just have all the canadian banks details and it will be a doddle. Not sure of cost for transfer...usually not much but the rate of exchange might not be the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi m.j.w, 

Thanks for posting. 

As tinkerspony mentioned, it is possible to register the payee details and make the transfer on 365 Online. You will need payee name and address, BIC, Sort Code (Canadian banks may call this a Transit Code), the bank name and address. 

Transfers are in Canadian Dollars only and the Bank of Ireland charge is €5.

I hope this helps. 

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Delta2113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Delta2113, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have advised our 365 team of the discrepancy. 

The limits in the faq's for international payments is correct. The limits will also be stated in the 365 frequently asked questions here

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks
    Linda

So €12,000 - thanks Linda.

• Advertisement

That is correct Delta2113. 

It has also been updated. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks
    Linda

I got a letter with a security code to activate a international payee and it's very condescending.

"Did you know that you couild have saved yourself time by adding this payee using your mobile phone?"

This completely ignores the fact that by doing this by mobile your limit is €3,000 as opposed to €12,000 by mail.

Please pass this on to your Customer Service Manager for 365.

Hi again Delta2113,
    Apologies you felt it was condescending, it would not have been our intention. Many customers are not aware of the facility to add a payee once your mobile is registered and that is why the suggestion is included in the letter. I have passed on your feedback regarding how it was worded.

Thank you
    Linda

Advertisement