Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues With Sigelei Zmax V3

Options
  • 14-05-2013 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Dont like coming on here with complaints and issues but I've come to realise that vaping,along with its positives,has some serious downsides(fcuk you China!:P)

So I received my Sigelei Zmax V3 from ESI on friday last and on opening the box the first thing I noticed was a lovely scratch across the menu screen.In fairness its a proper scratch and not one of your girly types.
    Then when I turned on the device and started to use the menu system I noticed the text was crooked.In fairness its proper crooked and not just a slight deviation from being straight(normal).
    I suppose if it would have stopped there I would have felt somewhat cheated but to my delight the threads were painfully stiff.They are actually really smooth when theres no spring in play,but add that little fcuker and its stiffy central:confused:

Emailed the good folk at ESI on friday with no reply so emailed again on monday afternoon and got no reply.I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this so if I don't hear back from them soon I'll give them a buzz.

Anyways it hasn't been all bad.I'm using some 0.4 kanthal ribbon along with 3mm wick at 1.4ohms on the Igo-l(drilled it out to 1.5mm) and its probably the best vaping experience I've had:D.

Long may my bipolar adventures in vaping continue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

The spring is pushing out against the threads as you screw it on, it's meant to be stiff (like any telescopic device I assume). Push it in as you tighten and you won't notice it so much.

Regarding the screen I guess you have Chinese manufacturing standards to thank for that. I was actually fairly impressed with the screen on mine, no obvious scratches and it's fairly straight, must've gotten lucky.

For anyone that has a Vamo the big thing for me is that there's no obvious voltage drop when the battery drops below 3.7v, used to really annoy me with the Vamo. The Sigelei is a much more consistent vape overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Dont like coming on here with complaints and issues but I've come to realise that vaping,along with its positives,has some serious downsides(fcuk you China!:P)

So I received my Sigelei Zmax V3 from ESI on friday last and on opening the box the first thing I noticed was a lovely scratch across the menu screen.In fairness its a proper scratch and not one of your girly types.
    Then when I turned on the device and started to use the menu system I noticed the text was crooked.In fairness its proper crooked and not just a slight deviation from being straight(normal).
    I suppose if it would have stopped there I would have felt somewhat cheated but to my delight the threads were painfully stiff.They are actually really smooth when theres no spring in play,but add that little fcuker and its stiffy central:confused:

Emailed the good folk at ESI on friday with no reply so emailed again on monday afternoon and got no reply.I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this so if I don't hear back from them soon I'll give them a buzz.

Anyways it hasn't been all bad.I'm using some 0.4 kanthal ribbon along with 3mm wick at 1.4ohms on the Igo-l(drilled it out to 1.5mm) and its probably the best vaping experience I've had:D.

Long may my bipolar adventures in vaping continue.
    My problem with it is, it's practically impossible to get a decent vape with my ET Vision dripper, just too airy :( and the dripper is the only device I use or will use. Tried redtricting the airflow and still disappointing, dug out a viva nova and a T3 and the draw and vape is spot on, brought my Smok Zmax to Sheffield and left the Sigelei at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

rickyjb wrote: »
    The spring is pushing out against the threads as you screw it on, it's meant to be stiff (like any telescopic device I assume).

Well it shouldn't be uncomfortably stiff to the point where it seizes as I'm sure it wont do the threads any favours in the long run.That wasnt my biggest concern as I can get some antioxidant but Sigelei should take their fat finger out and address the issue.I'm getting sick and fcuking tired of sub-par standards from these manufacturers.
    P.I.T.A wrote: »
    My problem with it is, it's practically impossible to get a decent vape with my ET Vision dripper, just too airy :( and the dripper is the only device I use or will use. Tried redtricting the airflow and still disappointing, dug out a viva nova and a T3 and the draw and vae is spot on, brought my Smok Zmax to Sheffield and left the Sigelei at home :(

I've noticed certain devices dont sit as flush compared to other Pv's,which I gather is to ensure proper airflow.Its really not that noticeable though.Is the air hole just above the 510 threading on the ET Vision?

Got a reply from ESI who were in engerland over the weekend,hence the delay,and I've to return it for a replacement,so all should be good.

I've noticed certain devices dont sit as flush compared to other Pv's,which I gather is to ensure proper airflow.Its really not that noticeable though.Is the air hole just above the 510 threading on the ET Vision?
    Yes both airholes are above the threads, restricted the airflow to get a tight draw but still not much vaper off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Was thinking of getting one of these instead of another vamo....now Im not so sure. Is it true you have to fire it to check resistance?

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting one of these instead of another vamo....now Im not so sure. Is it true you have to fire it to check resistance?

The only problem vaping I had was with the ET dripper, works fine with the clearo and tank. And you have to fire it to check Ohms, come to think of it the only mod I don't have to fire to check the Ohms is my VV Gripper.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

You do,but its a quick click of the button and its done.Issues aside,I think its a decent bit of kit and I possibly got unlucky with mine.
    I like the size which is a good bit smaller than the Innokin STD:D
    Not a huge fan of the one button menu system but you get used to it fairly quickly.It feels nice and sturdy and could possibly take a few falls without any major damage being done.

If this device came to me in its proper state I'd have no trouble recommending it.I know companies such as Sigelei sell imperfect devices to vendors at a reduced rate and they sell them on to the consumer at a reduced rate which is all fine and dandy but why let faulty goods onto the main market?It hardly makes good business sense and it makes the consumer increasingly piissed off.

Well ESI were good enough to send me a replacement the very next day.Threads are fine and there are no scratches or scrapes on the screen but the text is even more crooked than the original:confused: Seems to be a Sigelei trademark.

I'll keep the original and return the replacement.

Well ESI were good enough to send me a replacement the very next day.Threads are fine and there are no scratches or scrapes on the screen but the text is even more crooked than the original:confused: Seems to be a Sigelei trademark.

If the text is still croocked just tilt the Zmaz until it's level to read :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

So you'd prefer dodgy threads and a scratch to the screen being slightly crooked?:confused::pac:

• Advertisement

rickyjb wrote: »
    So you'd prefer dodgy threads and a scratch to the screen being slightly crooked?Btw I'm gay ssssshhhhh!:o:confused::pac:

My preference would be to receive goods that I pay for,in good condition and not with multiple flaws.

The text on the replacement'..was even more crooked than the original'-So its not just a case of it '..being slightly crooked',I wish it was.

As I said in a previous post,the threading issue can be addressed.

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    If the text is still croocked just tilt the Zmaz until it's level to read :D:D:D

No:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i watched todd's review of it and his had a big ole scratch on the crooked screen as well. kinda putting me off savin up for it.

or maybe it's a design feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

V4 is gonna be called 'THE STRAIGHT SCREEN' :-)
    More commonly known as the segelei stainless steel straight screen or SSSSS for short :-)

artyeva wrote: »
    i watched todd's review of it and his had a big ole scratch on the crooked screen as well. kinda putting me off savin up for it.

or maybe it's a design feature?

Yeah I saw it too.At first he thought it was a hair!:)
    He's some joker that Todd fella.I love the video where hes just wearing a body warmer so he can show off his tattoo.Looks as if he's getting ready for one of those illegal backyard brawls,or maybe there's a vapers fight club:eek:

Advertisement