Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a Compensating Fail work?

Options
  • 14-05-2013 7:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

You know it's bad when you haven't the exams finished and you're already asking about results, but anyway :pac:

Could someone explain the compensating fail to me? I know it's a D1 or D2, but what decides whether or not you've to repeat the exam in August?

(1st Year BA by the way).

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

13spanner wrote: »
    You know it's bad when you haven't the exams finished and you're already asking about results, but anyway :pac:

Could someone explain the compensating fail to me? I know it's a D1 or D2, but what decides whether or not you've to repeat the exam in August?

(1st Year BA by the way).

A compensating fail comes into play if your QCA for the semester if your QCA falls below 2.0, you will need to repeat these modules to bring your results up to the required 2.0. A compensating fail (D1 or D2) will not need to be repeated if your QCA remains above 2.0

You may be given the option to repeat a compensating fail even if your QCA is above 2.0 but just remeber you can only bring that grade up to a C3 so it will not have a major impact on your overall QCA.

Does this help or have you any other questions (we know the QCA can be really confusing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Does this help or have you any other questions (we know the QCA can be really confusing!)

That's perfect thanks, I had heard two or three different versions from different people so I needed to get it clear and simple :D Thanks!

Advertisement