Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with HTC phone and O2

Options
  • 14-05-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I bought Two HTC OneX from O2 . Signed up for an 18month business contract. All going well until i noticed i had no to very poor Wifi on either phones.The calls dropped in places i never lost calls before. Before i go any further I also must add that I am a fully qualified Telecoms Engineer for the past 10 years who indirectly works for O2. So i tested the RSSI of both the 2g and 3g network in the area which at the time was fine.Signal from the router was also perfect. So i checked everything with my network and then tested it with an iphone,samsung and even an older work test phone nokia which all worked a lot better then both of my new HTC x One . Very stress full after spending so much money. I also noticed that both phones ran hot, not boiling but really hot. My hand would sweat and it had me worried. This got worse over two days. I went into the O2 shop and they told me it would be better if i returned the phone after Christmas as they had no lend phones and assured me it was covered under warienty and all would be fine it just needs a software undate. I Bought the phone at the end of november.I called HTC Ireland and they told me to squeeze the side of the phone to sort out the wifi and that its normal for phones to heat up when in use. A week later the first phone Died in the middle of the night on my bedside locker. I had it just over 30 days. I returned it to O2 they sent it to Fonemenders and i was billed 190eur for screen damage of which i never saw. I explained the problem and asked why if it was screen damage cant i see the device when pluged into a computer via USB lead. Got no where with O2, Fonemenders or HTC.So this week 14/may i got my phone back. I bought the phone 28/october.They had to replace the internal board of the phone. Im stressed, im angry, unhappy. I paid my bill for the past 6 months nearly and got by on an old phone i had in the house which i couldnt use for work to view pdf file.The only reason i bought the phone .Its just not right. How can a customer be treated like this. Am i the only one who thinks this is wrong.
    I am so happy i have a second phone with the exact same problem.
    Any one else with a problem. please contact me.
    <SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as you have duplicate posts in multiple forums. Please do not create duplicate threads.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement