Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Road billboard gets Occupied

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Come on its a photoshop job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Where the hell did you find such a clear blue sky in Galway. :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Lapin wrote: »
    No Chemtrails so beloved of the Occupiers either so I call shennanigans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lapin wrote: »
    This morning was a blue sky morning. So it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Come on its a photoshop job

is it ya? thousands of people travelling on the road would disagree with ye, go and look for yourselves or download the image and zoom in for a closer look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

G Power wrote: »
    is it ya? thousands of people travelling on the road would disagree with ye, go and look for yourselves or download the image and zoom in for a closer look

couple of telltales around the edges that don't look like digital compression/zoom artefacts. Of course standing less than 60' away from a billboard one shouldn't need a digital zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Uniformed Gardai with guns?

And weren't their Uzis taken away a few years ago?

antoobrien wrote: »
    couple of telltales around the edges that don't look like digital compression/zoom artefacts. Of course standing less than 60' away from a billboard one shouldn't need a digital zoom.

go down and see it for yourself so or wait for the local media confirm it :pac:

go down and see it for yourself so or wait for the local media confirm it :pac:

The Dublin road is about 130 miles long, perhaps you'd like to tell us where this sign is and if it is real whom we can report for criminal damage (defacing a sign).

The Dublin road is about 130 miles long, perhaps you'd like to tell us where this sign is and if it is real whom we can report for criminal damage (defacing a sign).

you're such a photo/graphic-design/legal expert, can you point out the criminal damage? I have Horatio Caine on the other line and he's...

*slowly puts on his shades over the phone :cool:

...got a plan

• Advertisement

you're such a photo/graphic-design/legal expert, can you point out the criminal damage? I have Horatio Caine on the other line and he's...

*slowly puts on his shades over the phone :cool:

...got a plan

Horatio would be clapping iron on your wrists because he'd know that defacing something - which is what has been done here if it is not a photoshop - is criminal damage.

See my post below

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

That looks like it is opposite the Eye cinema. Will check it out later on the way home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I have to say, who really gives a fudge about it anyway. Its an ad for the Irish Times is it? Otherwise its of little interest to anyone as has been proven in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

it is across from the eye cinema. I know the path on the left. People would see when they are coming in to galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's the billboard beside the hunstman across from the G.

The pictures dont look like photoshops btw.

Yes the OP is correct it is the bill board near the Huntsman inbound to the City, the picture he posted is what is on the bill board, its pasted over an add for the Irish Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Fortunate they refound their protesting zeal just as the colleges finish exams and the weather improves.
    Occupying Eyre Sq for the summer could be a lay abouts dream.

Did the weekly multi purpose protest from the Cathedral ever take off btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Fortunate they refound their protesting zeal just as the colleges finish exams and the weather improves.
    Occupying Eyre Sq for the summer could be a lay abouts dream.

Did the weekly multi purpose protest from the Cathedral ever take off btw?

You say the weather has improved?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Eeden wrote: »

Haha well since the last time they were out!

And Galway's summer is generally a tantilising flash of sun mid may that peters out by June. :)

• Advertisement

Horatio would be clapping iron on your wrists because he'd know that defacing something - which is what has been done here if it is not a photoshop - is criminal damage.

I only took a photo. are you following this thread or letting your imagination run riot?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I only took a photo. are you following this thread or letting your imagination run riot?

So you're not an affiliate of Occupy Galway then?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Eeden wrote: »

The rain's slightly warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fey! wrote: »
    Uniformed Gardai with guns?

And weren't their Uzis taken away a few years ago?

It's an ad for the Irish Independent (or some news org) comparing what is with what might be. Was run before a film at the Eye on Saturday (and probably a zillion other places too, but that's where I've seen it).

Das Kitty wrote: »
    So you're not an affiliate of Occupy Galway then?

not that it matters but yes, I'm a supporter of the Occupy movement. what are you trying to insinuate? and i'd be careful now if I was you cos you're already threading on thin legal ground here.

It's an ad for the Irish Independent (or some news org) comparing what is with what might be. Was run before a film at the Eye on Saturday (and probably a zillion other places too, but that's where I've seen it).

and some bright spark with access to a printer and a sense of humour changed the context of it very eloquently in my view. The original message is still there but with a new twist. I say well done to whoever done it. There were plenty of motorists stuck in traffic but stitches and taking pics when I passed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

not that it matters but yes, I'm a supporter of the Occupy movement. what are you trying to insinuate? and i'd be careful now if I was you cos you're already threading on thin legal ground here.

Am I?

Jaysus I must ring my solicitor so. :pac:

Bless.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For the purposes of clarification it's probably only fair to warn you that making legal threats against other people on this site is an automatic siteban.

Your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I thought we'd seen the back of these chancers.

Any encroachment into the city, similar to last time, should not be given any leeway whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

i'd be careful now if I was you cos you're already threading on thin legal ground here.
    We don't need people threatening getting all legal here. If you are insinuating any legal action again I will ban you permanently from this forum as boards don't want to get involved in real world court cases. Do you understand?

Edit, Zaph beat me to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement