Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanked posts from non-existent threads

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Occasionally there'll be a post in the top most thanked of the day which seems to be in a thread which no longer exists.

For example today there are two posts from a thread called 'Thoughts during oral' which link to an 'Invalid thread' error page like this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84601467&postcount=1

Is this because the thread has been deleted? Is there a way to stop them showing up in the most thanked list?

It happens fairly often and, though it's a minor peeve, it's a little frustrating and annoying to come across these broken links.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, that thread was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, that thread was deleted.

Spoiled Sports :/

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I told a joke in that thread that was so funny, anyone who read it would literally die laughing.

That's why the thread had to be deleted, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I told a joke in that thread that was so funny, anyone who read it would literally die laughing.

That's why the thread had to be deleted, sorry.

Yeah, he said he had actually managed to find a woman willing to let him do the very thing that the thread was about. Hilarious. :D:p

There was also a practice while I was a mod, where the mod would thank a reported post in their specific forum. Pretty sure that's not giving away any mod secrets! Not sure if it is done still, but it could be a reason why some thanked posts aren't appearing when you look - while they're there, if you're a non-mod, you don't have access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My pure and innocent mind assumed that title was about the Leaving Cert exams.

Advertisement