Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options
  • 14-05-2013 10:46am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Music Scene Ireland
    One Direction. Croke Park. 2013. Stay Tuned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

haven't they all ready played 3 sold out dates in the o2 this year :confused:

I'd be very surprised if they sell out croke park considering a large majority
    of their Irish fan would have seen them on the one of the dates they have already preformed this year, in which I'd say the tickets bought where parents buying them as Xmas/birthday presents for their young children/teenagers.

I know my niece is gonna come looking for one of us to bring her a long to it and it will be a simple - "NO you already seen them this year" :rolleyes: Like most parents response IMO.
    ticket was bought for her bday and I know my sister nor any of my family will be forking out another €50-100 for group she only seen a couple of months ago.

At least wait till next year lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The rumour is that the stadium tour will take place in 2014, so there's plenty of time for kiddies to beg their parents for tickets.

Wand Erection have confirmed their Croke Park gig for 2014:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151618244374548&set=a.131282934547.104454.49009319547&type=1

"ONE DIRECTION ANNOUNCE CROKE PARK CONCERT AND WORLD STADIUM TOUR!!!

Record-breakers across the globe and stars of their own forthcoming 3D concert movie, the world’s biggest pop band, One Direction today announce the first legs of an incredible stadium tour for 2014 including a concert at Croke Park on Saturday 24th May!

Tickets on sale Saturday 25th May 2013 at 10am!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Tickets being sold a full year in advance???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

OU812 wrote: »
    Tickets being sold a full year in advance???

Lots of gigs are doing that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They sell tickets so early partly because they rake in massive interest on the money before they actually perform.

Do the math, if all tickets sell out reasonably quickly, and that money sits in the bank for a year, how much interest will they earn on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

They sell tickets so early partly because they rake in massive interest on the money before they actually perform.

Do the math, if all tickets sell out reasonably quickly, and that money sits in the bank for a year, how much interest will they earn on it.

First I seen do that was Peter Kay when his sold tickets 18 months in advance.Shrewd thinking.

Can see them doing 2 dates at Croker meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

80000 people at €70 each would generate over 100K at 2% over 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

80000 people at €70 each would generate over 100K at 2% over 12 months.

Sure you're lookin at higher than 2%, it'd be in a super high interest account

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought their announcement was they were taking a break :o but it was they are doing a world stadium tour in 2014 including so far one date in Croke Park (I think they might do a second they are fairly popular)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

My daughters looking to go to this. She's only seen them 3 bloody times already. Not happy it's only a week till the tickets are released. A bit more warning would have been nice seeing as it's not on for a full year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh sure the kids'll have grown outta this by next Summer, you'll pick up tickets outside on the day three for €50 :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Bit random sorry, but if tickets are being advertised as between €59.50 and €79.50, roughly what would you expect standing tickets to be? Would they be dearest because their the closest or cheaper because you dont get a seat? :confused:
    Signed a "non 02 concert" newb!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

In my experience the standing tickets are generally cheaper. Thats got me thinking... can you imagine what front row centre must be like at a one direction gig :eek: Id rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

MadYaker wrote: »
    In my experience the standing tickets are generally cheaper. Thats got me thinking... can you imagine what front row centre must be like at a one direction gig :eek: Id rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon!

I think if you lived to tell the tale youd have some great stories and scars after :P
    Hate how I paid €40 euro for a ticket this year and then for the following year it goes up €20/€30. Uhh sad times

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ahh sure the kids'll have grown outta this by next Summer, you'll pick up tickets outside on the day three for €50 :pac:

I expect Harry Styles sex tape to be selling for €50 outside the gig next year :P

Usually standing tickets are the most expensive most times so id expect the €79 tickets will be standing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Usually standing tickets are the most expensive most times so id expect the €79 tickets will be standing

For croke park I thought the stand was usually the middle price with the 1st tier towards the hill being the most expensive

Chinpool wrote: »
    For croke park I thought the stand was usually the middle price with the 1st tier towards the hill being the most expensive

Maybe you are right , but usually standing are the more expensive ones

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

79 will be gold circle, 69 regular standing at a guess. 59 for the top tier/far back seats, 69 for regular tiers and 79 for premium tiers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rob555mark

Hi all,

My 8 year old daughter and nieces are asking me to bring them to see One Direction in Croke Park,they are massive fans and would love to go :)
    I wouldn't mind if it was in the o2 but I myself am not a sports fan and have never been to a concert in Croke,so am clueless about best seating etc,..:confused:
    I do know best seating sometimes depends on where the stage is,but a general guide from anyone with past experience,as where def not to go,etc!

Any advice really about bringing children to such an event would be greatly appreciated..(besides don't go!!)

and...
    If we do attend,we will stay in a hotel for the night,..I searched today and see there is a Croke Park hotel,(that would be so handy) but couldn't book/price online so far in advance and was wondering if anyone experienced hotels increasing prices nearer time when concerts are on??
    any suggestions here too please,as where to stay close by would be great.

Thanks in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Anybody know how many tickets you will be able to buy in one transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dee C

Hi just wondering does anyone know what would be the best seats at croke park to take a group of 12 yr olds to One Direction? and also anyone any inside info as to whether they will do a second concert on the Sunday. And to the previous post rainbowdash you can purchase up to 8 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

rob555mark wrote: »
    Hi all,

My 8 year old daughter and nieces are asking me to bring them to see One Direction in Croke Park,they are massive fans and would love to go :)
    I wouldn't mind if it was in the o2 but I myself am not a sports fan and have never been to a concert in Croke,so am clueless about best seating etc,..:confused:
    I do know best seating sometimes depends on where the stage is,but a general guide from anyone with past experience,as where def not to go,etc!

Any advice really about bringing children to such an event would be greatly appreciated..(besides don't go!!)

and...
    If we do attend,we will stay in a hotel for the night,..I searched today and see there is a Croke Park hotel,(that would be so handy) but couldn't book/price online so far in advance and was wondering if anyone experienced hotels increasing prices nearer time when concerts are on??
    any suggestions here too please,as where to stay close by would be great.

Thanks in advance ;)

The stage does be on Hill 16 so if you wanna have a seat your better of perhaps getting a seat in Hogan or Cusack Stand lower tier,Closer to the hill perhaps the better view of the act.

A friend off mine works in the Croke park hotel and says there is loads of people either enquiry-ing or taking rooms already, Perhaps give them a ring at the hotel about it cause rooms will be gone in no time + any hotel around croker will be full on them dates in no time.

If you can't find a hotel near Croker, you could try looking for a hotel somewhere near a DORT stop. Croker would be a short-ish walk from Connolly Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

Just wondering if there is golden circle tickets for the event? I remember getting them for a westlife gig in croker a few years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Whats the story with this children under to be accompanied? My daughter will be just about 16 in a years time, will they look for ID on the turnstiles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Will this sell out? Hoping to get some for the little sister this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

"We're experiencing high demand. You will be automatically directed to the page requested as soon as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Tis a joke - there site cant handle the demand when they make so much on booking fees you would think that they would have top end servers...........

"We're experiencing high demand. You will be automatically directed to the page requested as soon as it becomes available. Thank you for your patience."

Advertisement