Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruginator

Can anyone help me with a bit of advice, my sister inlaw bought tickets for the Saturdayrom some site, anyway tickets arrived Friday and now she finds out they are in different seating, one is k and the other one is bb davin stand lower, is there anyone here that can tell me are they in any asses roar of each other, they are devastated with this, thanks

Row K is 11 rows up from the pitch, row bb is 28 rows up. They climb alphabetically. It's depends what section of the Davin they are in, if both in thr same section it's just the rows are the difference, if one person is in a different section makes it more awkward with distance between people, Croke park stadium is fully walk around enabled so cam easily walk between the sections

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭First Focus

Thanks. they are in the lower Davin stand. if tjats what its called. they won't be a million miles away from each other so. thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 14qgrctp8yfv60

I bought 2 tickets for One Direction in May 2014 in the standing pink zone in Croke Park. In the panic and hype to get tickets bought I only realised after that it says strictly over 14 only in standing area. Would I be wasting my time trying to get her? Should I try and source seating tickets for a swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

You might get away with it. You might not.
    Depends really. Does she look her age? Does she look older than her age?
    If security does their job she won't get in. So its up to you really. Chance it, whats the worst that could happen?

well she is tall for age. I could find myself trying to dress up my daughter to make her look older......worst that could happen is she gets refused entry and turned away. has anyone attended a concert with u14 in the standing area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

i have a niece in similar position and when you go into ticketmaster site and faq for the gig the first thing it shows is quoted below. Not sure how security would police this. I am sure there are lots of parents in a similar position who have bought these tickets, possibly for a christmas present, and now may be unable to bring or let their children go.

One Direction - Frequently Asked Questions

Please note: AGE RESTRICTIONS
    In the interest of safety Under 14's will not be allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied.
    All under 16's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian attending the event
    No queuing will be permitted prior to gates opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just lie about her age if asked. They'll probably just take your word for it, especially because there's very little in the way of possible ID that 14 year olds could have.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Just lie about her age if asked. They'll probably just take your word for it, especially because there's very little in the way of possible ID that 14 year olds could have.

Ok you are giving me the answer I want to hear.....you don't by any chance know someone who has taken an u14 to a concert. I will more than likely end up doing this anyway as she would be gutted if she could not go.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Ok you are giving me the answer I want to hear.....you don't by any chance know someone who has taken an u14 to a concert. I will more than likely end up doing this anyway as she would be gutted if she could not go.

Went to the red hot chillys last year with my ten year old son with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭stoeger

Went to the red hot chillys last year with my ten year old son with no problems

• Advertisement

grand sure it is not so strict then at all. The tickets I got are in a really good part right near stage would be a waste to swap for seated ones far away from the stage. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

In the same situation here, never realised there was any restrictions when I was buying the tickets - it's a One Direction concert, not a mosh pit! Poor show by Ticketmaster. :mad:

I believe there's a lot of people caught in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gallagher_Lisa

the only problem you could have is her not being able to see or pushing and shoving from older girls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

In the same situation here, never realised there was any restrictions when I was buying the tickets - it's a One Direction concert, not a mosh pit! Poor show by Ticketmaster. :mad:

its not really ticketmaster's fault if people didn't read the website..
    You should be fine though, I went to fall out boy when I was 12, was supposed 16s, and had absolutely no hassle.. Can't realistically see how they'll enforce this..
    and you'd be surprised, I've seen worse things than mosh pits at pop gigs.. you'd be surprised how angsty and pushy teeny boppers get .. gimme a nice safe mosh pit nay day of the week..

Just have your kids fully briefed to say they're 15 (or whatever age they have to be)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    its not really ticketmaster's fault if people didn't read the website..
    You should be fine though, I went to fall out boy when I was 12, was supposed 16s, and had absolutely no hassle.. Can't realistically see how they'll enforce this..
    and you'd be surprised, I've seen worse things than mosh pits at pop gigs.. you'd be surprised how angsty and pushy teeny boppers get .. gimme a nice safe mosh pit nay day of the week..

Just have your kids fully briefed to say they're 15 (or whatever age they have to be)

The local GAA club had an age 5 and over rule for a summer camp but we wanted to send our son who was 4 at the time so we trained him for weeks to say he was 5 if he was asked.
    Afterwards I asked him if they enquired how old he was and what he said. 'I told them I was 5, but that I was only pretending to be 5.'
    Out of the mouths of babes..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sockojocko

I brought my son to many concerts since he was as little as 2 year old, but the terms and conditions usually just said "under 16s accompanied" so there was never any problems. For the One Direction Concert, Ticketmaster have specifically said that under 14s will not be allowed in the standing/pitch area even if accompanied by an adult. Of all the concerts Ive been to, I wasn't expecting those restrictions at a kids pop concert and got caught out myself as I bought standing tickets for my 8 year old neice:-(

sockojocko wrote: »
    I brought my son to many concerts since he was as little as 2 year old, but the terms and conditions usually just said "under 16s accompanied" so there was never any problems. For the One Direction Concert, Ticketmaster have specifically said that under 14s will not be allowed in the standing/pitch area even if accompanied by an adult. Of all the concerts Ive been to, I wasn't expecting those restrictions at a kids pop concert and got caught out myself as I bought standing tickets for my 8 year old neice:-(

As previous posters have said, unlike over 18 ID, apart from a passport, there is no official ID for 14 year olds. The onus will be on the ground stewarts to prove child is under 14 as opposed to proving child is over. Coach your niece in the art of telling people she was born in the year 2000. ;)
    Plus the 1000's this has affected means there will be riots at the venue if kids are not allowed in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its a serious safety risk, standing can get pretty crushing at even tame gigs, a small child is very vulnerable if he/she falls or loses the parent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Jacob Creek

You sound like you love throwing away cash, 1D all the hate they get is thoroughly deserved. I would say have a good time but I seriously doubt you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

You sound like you love throwing away cash, 1D all the hate they get is thoroughly deserved. I would say have a good time but I seriously doubt you will.

It is up to the OP to decide what gig they want to go to. I don't like them myself but they have a big fanbase like many boy bands.

On the topic, if it was me I think I would either swap the tickets or make sure that you stay a bit back and not get involved in any of the pushing and shoving from midway up. 10 is a very young age, I think the first gig I was at I was 14 or 15 at a local venue.

In the extremely remote chance that there is an issue remember that you will not be insured.

I don't know anything about ticket availability but, perhaps, you could approach ticketmaster and inform them of the issue and see if they can arrange a ticket exchange. That suggestion might get laughed at as ticketmaster seem to have very rigid rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I definitely agree with trying to swap the tickets for two reasons:
    1. At standing concerts, it can be sometimes hard to see the band on stage for smaller, and sometimes even average sized people, I'd imagine your 10 year old will have problems seeing the band anyway and it may not prove to be a very enjoyable experience. Whereas with seated tickets, the band will be in full view, even if they are a bit further away, and also leaves you with the option of toilet breaks and such during/between the support acts, as usually when it comes to standing, if you leave to go to the toilet/get a drink, you're gonna lose your spot and unless you push through the crowd, you're not gonna get it back.

2. As already said, the standing area can get rowdy at even tame concerts, I'm by no means a small person, nearly 6 foot and close to 200lbs. I was at Bon Jovi last summer, for most part the crowd was very calm, just all there to have a good time, they'd sing along, clap, hop about, but nothing violent. But even then, it only takes a few people to cause an accident, in this case, a few lads decided to start pushing the crowd forward, forcing one person into the next person, into the next person and so on, this resulted in me impacting the barrier and getting a large bruise on my torso. While this wasn't major, had I been the same size as a 10 year old, I could have sustained some significant injuries. And the crowd is much more likely to be rowdy at One Direction than Bon Jovi. Some people seem to think One Direction are a kiddie band that only 10 year olds listen to. This is not the case, the majority of the crowd at these concerts will likely be teenage girls and girls in their early 20s as well as a few lads who will likely be locked, not a good environment for a 10 year old.

You'd quite easily find someone willing to swap seated tickets for standing tickets, however, I'd suggest only swapping for hard copy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

any idea on stage times for concert? and finish times?
    it says venue gates open @5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More tickets on sale this Friday for all dates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

holly8 wrote: »

Finish approx half 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

holly8 wrote: »

If you check MCD's Facebook page or Twitter feed closer to the time, they should announce it there. Even if they don't, if you comment or tweet at them, they might let you know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

I say it might be nuts with the kanye west and pharrell tickets going on sale the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Tickets still up on Ticketmaster for this as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

anyone know how bad the restricted view is, looking to get ine tic for my wife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

stuchyg wrote: »
    anyone know how bad the restricted view is, looking to get ine tic for my wife

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. I'm in the upper hogan stand with a restricted view. Does anyone know how bad the view is?? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Im sat here giggling looking at adverts with the amount of 1D tickets are up for sale :D the excuses :D hahahaha I'm delighted

Advertisement