Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Are you saying kids wouldn't get lost on way to Mountjoy Square but would at the new drop-off point?

Maybe the parents should just keep a better eye on the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

what time is this gig starting at and finishing on friday?

I'm playing taxi for this, will there be any chance of dropping off and picking up near croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

price690 wrote: »
    what time is this gig starting at and finishing on friday?

I'm playing taxi for this, will there be any chance of dropping off and picking up near croker?
    Finish about half 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Finish about half 10

I know gates open at 5, but what time are they due on stage at?

Thanks a million for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Are you saying kids wouldn't get lost on way to Mountjoy Square but would at the new drop-off point?

Maybe the parents should just keep a better eye on the kids.

I don't mean to be smart but there is a slight difference between a 10 minute walk and a 35 minute walk at 11pm. Also, if kids are coming on buses therefore means they are coming from the country therefore highly unlikely they would know their way around Dublin.

• Advertisement

I just looked at Google maps the new drop off for One Direction now is a 35 minute walk as opposed to a 10-15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

femur61 wrote: »
    Wondering does anyone know why Croke park have changed the drop off and collection points at Croke park? Bit of a pain as large group going parents are afraid some will get lost or miss the bus.

I would imagine the idea is to reduce the traffic disruption in and around Dublin City Centre.

The O2 can be accessed via the M50 & Port Tunnel or the M11 via the East Link Bridge. If they used Mountjoy Square, there would be alot more disruption in Dublin City Centre.

The decision was made by the Gardai not by MCD.

Hop on the Luas at the O2, 4-5 mins to Busaras. Walk from Busaras is only 15mins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shell820810

What's the story about pitch id. My mum is taking my 14 year old sister and she doesn't have a passport. What's the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shelly818

Hi All,

I'm taking my little sis to see One Direction and i was just wondering about the access to the premium level seats.

They are our own seats and have always used the Premium Level entrance for the GAA matches, but now there are all these crazy entrances for the concert. Now the seats are located on the cut Davin Stand would you say we just follow the entrance for the Davin stand tickets and once in find our way to the premium entrance?

I would imagine the idea is to reduce the traffic disruption in and around Dublin City Centre.

The O2 can be accessed via the M50 & Port Tunnel or the M11 via the East Link Bridge. If they used Mountjoy Square, there would be alot more disruption in Dublin City Centre.

The decision was made by the Gardai not by MCD.

Hop on the Luas at the O2, 4-5 mins to Busaras. Walk from Busaras is only 15mins!!

I appreciate your reply but how do they expect a group of 16 year olds who have never been to Dublin get the Luas and then walk to Croke Park. I will phone the guards tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

femur61 wrote: »
    I appreciate your reply but how do they expect a group of 16 year olds who have never been to Dublin get the Luas and then walk to Croke Park. I will phone the guards tomorrow.

What are you expecting the Gardai to say? They have published their Control Plan online and held their Press Conference outlining all aspects of the plan. It's not going go change because of a phone call!!

Luas will have staff at the O2 directing people. In fairness you can only go one way from the O2 on the Luas so it's impossible to get lost.

As for your concerns about finding the way to Croke Park, I suggest just following the other 82,000 people heading that way, it's a very straightforward walk!! The stadium will be visible for much of the walk, just head towards it!!

All major outdoor concerts have similar arrangements so these gigs are no different!!

There will be Gardai along the route to the stadium. If in doubt, stop and ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarah.132

Just to let everyone know, a new app has been developed to provide useful info for the one direction gigs. If you search 'My Gig' on the Apple App Store it should come up. Not sure about android though! Its worth downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Why are yous letting a large group of 16 year olds go to Dublin without parental supervision anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Anyone know what the story is with this "no kids on the pitch" restriction? My niece, who is 11, is going on Friday with her Mom (and 3 other adults). They have pitch standing tickets. Are they seriously not going to be let in?

Bacchus wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with this "no kids on the pitch" restriction? My niece, who is 11, is going on Friday with her Mom (and 3 other adults). They have pitch standing tickets. Are they seriously not going to be let in?

There's a very real chance.
    Tbf there's been how many months that yeve had to attempt to remedy it. It's for health and safety reasons, doesn't matter how many adults are with her.

With the 'no under 16s without adults rule' it's,never really enforced.. Then again I've never seen a rule being stressed as much as this one has.. If she looks oldish ye be fine(like the poster who's child is almost the age) if she's 11, yeve Noone to.blame but yerselves if ye get refused..

Security are gonna get the height of abuse off parents at this for simply doing a job..

There's a very real chance.
    Tbf there's been how many months that yeve had to attempt to remedy it. It's for health and safety reasons, doesn't matter how many adults are with her.

With the 'no under 16s without adults rule' it's,never really enforced.. Then again I've never seen a rule being stressed as much as this one has.. If she looks oldish ye be fine(like the poster who's child is almost the age) if she's 11, yeve Noone to.blame but yerselves if ye get refused..

Security are gonna get the height of abuse off parents at this for simply doing a job..

Thanks for the reply.

The first I heard of it was just this week. There's nothing on the tickets about age restrictions. Yes, there is a T&C on the ticketmaster site (now that I've gone and looked for it) about it but it wasn't flagged or highlighted at any stage during the purchase. Yes, it is in the T&C, and while that is technically my fault for not reading it, who reads the T&C of these things! I just assumed it was the standard fare "under 16's must be accompanied" rules.

I accept that because it is in the T&C that we are technically in the wrong but this is a mess IMO. How this restriction could be not highlighted at any stage for a 1D concert is beyond me. Sure half the fans are probably 10 -16 years old! You're right, the security staff are in for a rough night. I imagine there are hundreds of people in the same situation going unaware of the restriction.

She looks oldish, she's tall for her age. I think they should be ok but I really can't believe this restriction is in place and that the first I heard of it was from a work colleague who had also just heard of it.

Thanks for the reply.

The first I heard of it was just this week. There's nothing on the tickets about age restrictions. Yes, there is a T&C on the ticketmaster site (now that I've gone and looked for it) about it but it wasn't flagged or highlighted at any stage during the purchase. Yes, it is in the T&C, and while that is technically my fault for not reading it, who reads the T&C of these things! I just assumed it was the standard fare "under 16's must be accompanied" rules.

I accept that because it is in the T&C that we are technically in the wrong but this is a mess IMO. How this restriction could be not highlighted at any stage for a 1D concert is beyond me. Sure half the fans are probably 10 -16 years old! You're right, the security staff are in for a rough night. I imagine there are hundreds of people in the same situation going unaware of the restriction.

She looks oldish, she's tall for her age. I think they should be ok but I really can't believe this restriction is in place and that the first I heard of it was from a work colleague who had also just heard of it.
    Have her briefed is,yer best,bet, just incase ye get stopped.. She's 14 and doesn't have a passport..

Have her briefed is,yer best,bet, just incase ye get stopped.. She's 14 and doesn't have a passport..

Yup, I'll chat with her mom, she'll be well prepared. Good luck to the security staff who try stop them getting in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23 blackhead

Thanks for the reply.

When I booked we got alert after alert highlighting this restriction, annoyingly so - weird!
    I would imagine they will be strict, it is for insurance reasons, it has been EXTREMELY well publicised that noone under 14 will be allowed on the pitch, and that people will be turned away. Same as younger teens going unaccompanied by an adult. I guess it has not been effective enough seeing as you never heard of it.

blackhead wrote: »
    When I booked we got alert after alert highlighting this restriction, annoyingly so - weird!
    I would imagine they will be strict, it is for insurance reasons, it has been EXTREMELY well publicised that noone under 14 will be allowed on the pitch, and that people will be turned away. Same as younger teens going unaccompanied by an adult. I guess it has not been effective enough seeing as you never heard of it.
    The under no 16s thing with out adult, Is at every gig, never ever enforced.

This will be, but most 14 yr old won't have ID..be very hard to force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

It's not just health and safety. I was at Miley Cyrus with a 10 yr old on Tuesday. Averag age was 14-18. We got seats but if we'd been standing she would have seen nothing everyone was taller than her.

When this broke at time of sale the message boards were flooded with complaints, it was on joe Duffy, the ticket master site emphasised it, further newspaper ads for the gig emphasised it. It was stressed that he age limit will be strictly adhered to. You could be letting yourselfs in for a very awkward situation. Prepare for it.

blackhead wrote: »

Honestly, never had a notion of it when booking. Maybe I was too concerned with manically refreshing the Ticketmaster site trying to get tickets but I've had no alerts about this bar 1 email I received last week from ticketmaster that has a line mentioning it. TBH, the tickets were not for me so it's not like I've been eagerly listening to 1D news or ads or anything :)
    The under no 16s thing with out adult, Is at every gig, never ever enforced.

This will be, but most 14 yr old won't have ID..be very hard to force.

That was my thinking too. It's just one of those "rules" that are barely enforced. Ah well, they're not going to be able to prove anything at the gate with mom by her side :)
    It's not just health and safety. I was at Miley Cyrus with a 10 yr old on Tuesday. Averag age was 14-18. We got seats but if we'd been standing she would have seen nothing everyone was taller than her.

When this broke at time of sale the message boards were flooded with complaints, it was on joe Duffy, the ticket master site emphasised it, further newspaper ads for the gig emphasised it. It was stressed that he age limit will be strictly adhered to. You could be letting yourselfs in for a very awkward situation. Prepare for it.

She's taller than some 14 year olds, she'll be grand :) I think they'll be prepared alright. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deisesam

Hi,
    I'm in a similar situation, bought 2 tickets which are seated for my 13 yo daughter & 14 yo niece.
    I never saw the warning on ticketmaster, was just consumed with getting everything right and not loosing the tickets.
    I got the warning email 2 days ago from the promoter and I have been emailing them ever since Re: buying another single ticket to accompany them inside, but I would not be sitting with them.
    Got the following response this morning:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding upcoming One Direction concert in Croke Park.

Please note Strict age monitoring will be in place at all entrances and anyone that does not comply will be asked to go directly to customer care check points shown on attached maps where they will be interviewed by a dedicated Team of staff who will assess their particular situation and make an informed decision based on all information available. If Concert goers have any concerns regarding whether they will pass the age checks that are in place they should bring ID with them to speed up any processing checks. We recommend colour photocopy of passport, birthcert are any other age verification form they have available to them.
    These events are sold out type events and the promoter reserves the right to issue replacement seats that may be of less favourable viewing location to original Tickets in order to ensure that persons still get the opportunity to attend the event and avoid any unnecessary disappointment.
    In order to be assisted at the stadium on the day of the concert if you do not qualify under the checks in place ,you will be directed to speak to a member of our dedicated Concert Customer care team locations of which are shown on attached map which you will pass upon approach to the venue with your Tickets.
    We assure you Our Friendly Customer Care team will be happy to assist you in your particular situation though PLEASE NOTE : As these events are sold out seated Tickets offered may have a less favourable viewing location to your original pitch tickets.
    Please be advised that it is a ticket purchasers responsibility to check any rules and regulations advertised to ensure they are purchasing correct ticket.
    AGE POLICIES ADVERTISED were as follows:
    In the interest of Health and Safety,
    Under 14 's are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied.
    Under 16 's MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
    Guardian must remain with under 16's and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
    No queuing is permitted prior to gates opening.
    WARNING:
    For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, An Gardaí Siochana, Croke Park and Promoters MCD would again request that all Parents and Guardians undertake their responsibility to fully review and adhere to the age restrictions and conditions outlined here, before allowing any minors attend this event.
    I hope you all enjoy the concert.
    Kim

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deisesam

I'm arriving from London with my daughter at 4.40pm & going straight there.
    I went to the O2 here with her last year to see them & there was loads of parents dropping off kids at the door, I assumed it would be ok...Stupid stupid me.

It's probable going to cost me a bomb to fix this.....

deisesam wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm in a similar situation, bought 2 tickets which are seated for my 13 yo daughter & 14 yo niece.
    I never saw the warning on ticketmaster, was just consumed with getting everything right and not loosing the tickets.
    I got the warning email 2 days ago from the promoter and I have been emailing them ever since Re: buying another single ticket to accompany them inside, but I would not be sitting with them.
    Got the following response this morning:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding upcoming One Direction concert in Croke Park.

Please note Strict age monitoring will be in place at all entrances and anyone that does not comply will be asked to go directly to customer care check points shown on attached maps where they will be interviewed by a dedicated Team of staff who will assess their particular situation and make an informed decision based on all information available. If Concert goers have any concerns regarding whether they will pass the age checks that are in place they should bring ID with them to speed up any processing checks. We recommend colour photocopy of passport, birthcert are any other age verification form they have available to them.
    These events are sold out type events and the promoter reserves the right to issue replacement seats that may be of less favourable viewing location to original Tickets in order to ensure that persons still get the opportunity to attend the event and avoid any unnecessary disappointment.
    In order to be assisted at the stadium on the day of the concert if you do not qualify under the checks in place ,you will be directed to speak to a member of our dedicated Concert Customer care team locations of which are shown on attached map which you will pass upon approach to the venue with your Tickets.
    We assure you Our Friendly Customer Care team will be happy to assist you in your particular situation though PLEASE NOTE : As these events are sold out seated Tickets offered may have a less favourable viewing location to your original pitch tickets.
    Please be advised that it is a ticket purchasers responsibility to check any rules and regulations advertised to ensure they are purchasing correct ticket.
    AGE POLICIES ADVERTISED were as follows:
    In the interest of Health and Safety,
    Under 14 's are NOT allowed on the pitch either accompanied or unaccompanied.
    Under 16 's MUST be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
    Guardian must remain with under 16's and take full responsibility for them throughout the duration of the event.
    No queuing is permitted prior to gates opening.
    WARNING:
    For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, An Gardaí Siochana, Croke Park and Promoters MCD would again request that all Parents and Guardians undertake their responsibility to fully review and adhere to the age restrictions and conditions outlined here, before allowing any minors attend this event.
    I hope you all enjoy the concert.
    Kim
    deisesam wrote: »
    I'm arriving from London with my daughter at 4.40pm & going straight there.
    I went to the O2 here with her last year to see them & there was loads of parents dropping off kids at the door, I assumed it would be ok...Stupid stupid me.

It's probable going to cost me a bomb to fix this.....

I'm sorry but I think it's really irresponsible to let 13/14 year old kids go to a show on their own.

I'm sorry but I think it's really irresponsible to let 13/14 year old kids go to a show on their own.

Not really, lots if security, all one area, probably make friends and be safer than being in a town..

Going to gigs on my own since 12, nothing bad ever happened at one :p

Relax a little, concerts are generally extremely safe and very happy environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

Hi

There's 5.5 hours from the gate opening time to the end which seems ridiculously long. So does anyone know when we can expect 1D (not the support act) to actually make an appearance ? Are concerts normally this long and if so, how long does it usually take before the headline act show up ? If we got to our seats at 7:00pm would we be fairly sure not to miss any of the main act ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I think it's really a case by case scenario situation, my mam had no Problem with me going to gigs at 14, but I was 5'9 and 14 stone.

Usjes wrote: »
    Hi

There's 5.5 hours from the gate opening time to the end which seems ridiculously long. So does anyone know when we can expect 1D (not the support act) to actually make an appearance ? Are concerts normally this long and if so, how long does it usually take before the headline act show up ? If we got to our seats at 7:00pm would we be fairly sure not to miss any of the main act ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

The Garda Management Document states 1D coming on stage at 8.15

See here

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Garda%20Event%20Management%20Arrangements%20for%20Croke%20Park%20Stadium.pdf

• Advertisement

If ye can at all, try and make 5 eeconds of summer, goo little up and coming rock.band

Advertisement