Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

what time is it over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    what time is it over at?

About half 10. Said about 5 times so far in the thread too.. Reading never hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RedAndy

Hi
    I'm going to be picking up my sister and her daughter from the 1 direction concert tomorrow (Fri 25th) night and i was wondering how close can i get to croke park, and where is a handy place to park. I'll be coming from the south?
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

You'd be better off parking as far away as possible and getting public transport in and back to your car.
    You won't get anywhere near Croke Park.

I'd probably park at the Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Bacchus wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

The first I heard of it was just this week. There's nothing on the tickets about age restrictions. Yes, there is a T&C on the ticketmaster site (now that I've gone and looked for it) about it but it wasn't flagged or highlighted at any stage during the purchase. Yes, it is in the T&C, and while that is technically my fault for not reading it, who reads the T&C of these things! I just assumed it was the standard fare "under 16's must be accompanied" rules.

I accept that because it is in the T&C that we are technically in the wrong but this is a mess IMO. How this restriction could be not highlighted at any stage for a 1D concert is beyond me. Sure half the fans are probably 10 -16 years old! You're right, the security staff are in for a rough night. I imagine there are hundreds of people in the same situation going unaware of the restriction.

She looks oldish, she's tall for her age. I think they should be ok but I really can't believe this restriction is in place and that the first I heard of it was from a work colleague who had also just heard of it.

Yep, have to agree with you here, I bought tickets for my sister and niece and there was no mention of no under 14s on the pitch clearly visible on the selection page or payment page. I think you had to expand the t&c to see it, but who is going to do that in the middle of trying to bag tickets for fear the page would refresh and you'd lose them or something!
    It was only after people started kicking up a fuss that they put huge big red letter warnings on the t&c.
    I'd say there will be thousands of under 14s with pitch tickets, and there's no way they are going to follow those procedures someone else has posted, taking each child to be interviewed by a member of the team if they don't pass an age check?! Lol, there will be some queue so!
    I'd say they will let everyone in, and the warnings are to cover their own backsides in case anyone complains or kids have an accident.
    Surely they know this concert will be full of kids!

• Advertisement

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Yep, have to agree with you here, I bought tickets for my sister and niece and there was no mention of no under 14s on the pitch clearly visible on the selection page or payment page. I think you had to expand the t&c to see it, but who is going to do that in the middle of trying to bag tickets for fear the page would refresh and you'd lose them or something!
    It was only after people started kicking up a fuss that they put huge big red letter warnings on the t&c.
    I'd say there will be thousands of under 14s with pitch tickets, and there's no way they are going to follow those procedures someone else has posted, taking each child to be interviewed by a member of the team if they don't pass an age check?! Lol, there will be some queue so!
    I'd say they will let everyone in, and the warnings are to cover their own backsides in case anyone complains or kids have an accident.
    Surely they know this concert will be full of kids!

http://brafootball.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/popcorn_02_stephen_colbert-2.gif?w=330&h=248

Tomorrow if mcd get picky.. ^^^

which theyre fully allowed to do,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

More production tickets have just been released by ticketmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This Friday, Saturday and Sunday more than 240,000 people will pour into - and out of - Croke Park to see the world's biggest boyband perform live.
    The stadium will open at 5PM each day. Croke Park says early queuing won't be allowed, and anyone hanging around before 5PM will be turned away, and told to come back later.
    The stadium is being divided up into colour-coded sections for the gigs, so getting there early won't make any difference to where you end up standing.
    One Direction will be on stage at 8:30PM, while their support act - 5 Seconds of Summer - will be on stage at 6:30PM.
    The show ends each night at 10:15PM.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This Friday, Saturday and Sunday more than 240,000 people will pour into - and out of - Croke Park to see the world's biggest boyband perform live.
    The stadium will open at 5PM each day. Croke Park says early queuing won't be allowed, and anyone hanging around before 5PM will be turned away, and told to come back later.
    The stadium is being divided up into colour-coded sections for the gigs, so getting there early won't make any difference to where you end up standing.
    One Direction will be on stage at 8:30PM, while their support act - 5 Seconds of Summer - will be on stage at 6:30PM.
    The show ends each night at 10:15PM.

Told ye would be half 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

More production tickets have just been released by ticketmaster!

What are production tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

What is the deal with the crazy Garda traffic management plans? I've booked two seats with a private bus company that normally drop to mount joy square. I received an email today saying that the closest place for them to now drop is the O2. I've been to several sold out concerts in croke park before and never had any problems like this. It's not the walk that's bothering me but the majority of people going on the bus are not at all familiar with Dublin let alone them walking back to the bus after the concert in the dark with young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Wellyd wrote: »
    What is the deal with the crazy Garda traffic management plans? I've booked two seats with a private bus company that normally drop to mount joy square. I received an email today saying that the closest place for them to now drop is the O2. I've been to several sold out concerts in croke park before and never had any problems like this. It's not the walk that's bothering me but the majority of people going on the bus are not at all familiar with Dublin let alone them walking back to the bus after the concert in the dark with young children.

I queried this with the coach company that we are booked with and they told me it's still Mountjoy Square-they said the O2 only applies to unlicensed bus companies.I'm not so sure as everything that I have read says no dropping off in Mountjoy square. Also I'm just wondering if it will be possible to get nearer to the stadium to meet a youngster coming out rather than having them walk to mountjoy sq in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Does anyone know who was playing in croke park last night (22/05/2014)

I was staying in the hotel and could hear some music coming from the stadium...it was hardly the lads doing a sound check??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Maybe not them but there must be some stage set up and sound checking of sorts going on for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I queried this with the coach company that we are booked with and they told me it's still Mountjoy Square-they said the O2 only applies to unlicensed bus companies.I'm not so sure as everything that I have read says no dropping off in Mountjoy square.

I'm travelling with Wexford Bus which I assume is a licensed bus company. But you never know. Sensible shoes will be a necessity and fingers crossed it doesn't rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

JJ wrote: »
    Maybe not them but there must be some stage set up and sound checking of sorts going on for the past few days.

Possibly but it sounded an awful lot like a band playing...may have just been the backing musicians.

Enjoy the gig folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I queried this with the coach company that we are booked with and they told me it's still Mountjoy Square-they said the O2 only applies to unlicensed bus companies.I'm not so sure as everything that I have read says no dropping off in Mountjoy square. Also I'm just wondering if it will be possible to get nearer to the stadium to meet a youngster coming out rather than having them walk to mountjoy sq in the dark?

This is not true. No buses are allowed drop off at Mountjoy Square.

If you read the Garda directions it will tell you where you can meet near the stadium, there are two meeting points.

You could park at the O2, get the Luas to Busaras and walk up there, or maybe park in Connolly. I wouldn't go much closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Driving up on Sunday and hoping to park at Clonliffe College. I don't see anywhere online to pay for parking in advance. Does anyone know if it can be pre-booked or do you pay on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If ye can at all, try and make 5 eeconds of summer, goo little up and coming rock.band

Agreed. Great band, even better than the main act in my opinion! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Could someone who is going tonight let me know what time it starts at? Going tomorrow with my niece and I want to bring her for food beforehand. Says 5.00pm on the tickets, would that be right? :confused:

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Could someone who is going tonight let me know what time it starts at? Going tomorrow with my niece and I want to bring her for food beforehand. Says 5.00pm on the tickets, would that be right? :confused:

It's been mentioned here a few times, it's also on the Garda Event management page that's been linked to a few times on here previously.

5pm is gates open time, not show start time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

You could park at the O2, get the Luas to Busaras and walk up there, or maybe park in Connolly. I wouldn't go much closer than that.

You could just walk up from the O2, it's really no distance from there. I'd say a mile or something? Save yourself the hassle of going to Connolly and then up.

I am so so excited, it's ridiculous! My sisters live beside Croke Park so may hang around with a bag of cans for tonight and tomorrow in anticipatio :pac:

You could just walk up from the O2, it's really no distance from there. I'd say a mile or something? Save yourself the hassle of going to Connolly and then up.

I am so so excited, it's ridiculous! My sisters live beside Croke Park so may hang around with a bag of cans for tonight and tomorrow in anticipatio :pac:

It's 3.2km from the O2 so it's a good long walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Hi,

I'm coming up to the concert on Sunday with couple of kids, will probably be parking at Red Cow and getting Luas from there.

Any advice on the best Luas stop to use to get as close to Croke Park as possible, or making a fast (as possible) exit back to a Luas stop to get back out to Red Cow (without losing anyone :) .

Been a long time since I was in Croke Park - U2 The Joshua Tree - so any advice gladly taken

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

What would be the easiest way of getting out this evening from St Stephens Green Luas stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi,

I'm coming up to the concert on Sunday with couple of kids, will probably be parking at Red Cow and getting Luas from there.

Any advice on the best Luas stop to use to get as close to Croke Park as possible, or making a fast (as possible) exit back to a Luas stop to get back out to Red Cow (without losing anyone :) .

Been a long time since I was in Croke Park - U2 The Joshua Tree - so any advice gladly taken

Cheers

Busaras - 15 min walk from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

bennyl10 wrote: »
    About half 10. Said about 5 times so far in the thread too.. Reading never hurt

As a music fan, when it comes to One Direction....it hurts a lot to read or see anything about them. I'm just a taxi for some brainwashed kids. As long as it doesn't interfere with my viewing of the Champions League Final, I don't mind;)

Oh, and thanks for the response, even the slightly grumpy one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Will the bars be open in croker tonight for the auld folks?

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    As a music fan, when it comes to One Direction....it hurts a lot to read or see anything about them. I'm just a taxi for some brainwashed kids. As long as it doesn't interfere with my viewing of the Champions League Final, I don't mind;)

Oh, and thanks for the response, even the slightly grumpy one:D

My apologies, I understand, if it meant missing the Cl final for something like 1D I'd be angry too :p

Advertisement