Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Busaras - 15 min walk from there.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Mr.S wrote: »
    Walking would be the easiest! It'l take a while but the closest your going to get with public transport is going to be around O'Connell Street / Parnell.

You could get a taxi to the top of Parnell Street and then just walk down (15mins?)

But with traffic (and the city is covered in road works for the luas) your going to be quicker walking.

Think I'll take a taxi as close as possible as 8 year old in tow. Would it be closed off as far out as Parnell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

egan2020 wrote: »
    Driving up on Sunday and hoping to park at Clonliffe College. I don't see anywhere online to pay for parking in advance. Does anyone know if it can be pre-booked or do you pay on the day?

That's mental trying that.

Park out in Maynooth and get the train in ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

It says on the garda event mgt thing that there are parental meeting points - does that mean that you will be allowed to drive up there close to end of event to pick people up???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

It says on the garda event mgt thing that there are parental meeting points - does that mean that you will be allowed to drive up there close to end of event to pick people up???

Tbh I'd say forget driving anywhere near the place. The arterial routes will be kept open so potentially the NCR/North Strand Road are about 15min walk from Croker.

To anyone reading this who isn't familiar with the area and how its set up for big events; forget about driving anywhere near it. Get public transport; trains to Drumcondra/Connolly and walk from there. It's about a 20min walk from there.

If you bring your car up and try and park near Croker you're gonna have a bad time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It also says on the Garda info that cars will not be allowed there. Traffic will just be mental, park a good bit away and walk up or use a 16 bus to get there and walk back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

moonshadow wrote: »
    Will the bars be open in croker tonight for the auld folks?

No bars open no...If you like pizza and candy floss...Your in for a treat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 atbarber

The park and Ride on opposite side of motorway from Red Cow and Luas to O'Connell St/Busaras one way in.

Another route would be the Dunboyne Park and Ride and get the train to Drumcondra station. That is closer to Crokers.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

moonshadow wrote: »
    Will the bars be open in croker tonight for the auld folks?

No alcohol will be served on public levels of the stadium.

On premium levels/boxes only I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Could someone who is going tonight let me know what time it starts at? Going tomorrow with my niece and I want to bring her for food beforehand. Says 5.00pm on the tickets, would that be right? :confused:

One Direction to come on stage @8:15pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Don't know about the rest of you but my daughter got in! :)

I'd written to MCD and their reply stated, in a round about way, that they would try and accommodate any kids blatantly under 14.

We'd doctored a copy of her birth cert just in case anyway. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

Jesus, I've heard everything now...don't mind the fact I've produced a forged birth certificate, One Direction are playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

What time is it over at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

mockingjay wrote: »
    What time is it over at?

I'm reliably informed 10.30 pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

mockingjay wrote: »
    What time is it over at?

Reading the thread, its a wonder the things you might find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

atbarber wrote: »
    The park and Ride on opposite side of motorway from Red Cow and Luas to O'Connell St/Busaras one way in.

Another route would be the Dunboyne Park and Ride and get the train to Drumcondra station. That is closer to Crokers.

Adrian

Heard trains are all booked out from Dunboyne. Might be worth checking first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 14qgrctp8yfv60

Don't know about the rest of you but my daughter got in! :)

I'd written to MCD and their reply stated, in a round about way, that they would try and accommodate any kids blatantly under 14.

Great to hear that's given me huge relief - hope ur daughter had a fantastic time and that mine will too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

So, for anyone who has been tonight, how was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nedkelly24

thought they were ok but not great...so what did you think?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Nedkelly24 wrote: »
    thought they were ok but not great...so what did you think?!!

why not add it to the original 'One Direction' thread? This will probably be closed in favour of it.

What did you think wasn't great about it? (despite the ridiculous hype that is)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

No alcohol will be served on public levels of the stadium.

On premium levels/boxes only I think.

FFS I'm 25 years old and I can't buy a drink? It's not that hard to ask for ID from people buying alcohol. They may as well have made it a teenage disco at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

90% of people there wouldn't be buying drink. Why stock bars and have staff on when most people aren't going to be buying?

Plus the fact there are mostly under 18s at the show.

Reverse ageism at its finest!

Looks like fagans in drumcondra is going to make a few euros off me so!

All joking aside I've been to a few westlife concerts and the main demographic of those concerts was screaming teenage underage girls and. they always sold alcohol at those so what makes one direction so special?

I'd be interested to know if alcohol was being sold at the one direction concerts in the O2 last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

Quick question for anyone who went tonight. How strict were they on searching people? I wana be a cheap skate and bring my own munchies for the kids. Would I get away with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

One other question. Did anyone have a restricted view ticket? How restricted was it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

danois wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who went tonight. How strict were they on searching people? I wana be a cheap skate and bring my own munchies for the kids. Would I get away with that?
    Was their lastnight and i brought my own food and drink( not alcohol) in a backpack and no problems. Didn't search it or ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭corkscott

Can anyone who was there last night tell me how strict they are with letting under 14's on the pitch my daughter is almost 13 and is as tall as her 15 year old sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

corkscott wrote: »
    Can anyone who was there last night tell me how strict they are with letting under 14's on the pitch my daughter is almost 13 and is as tall as her 15 year old sister?

My daughter is 10 and got through. They asked her age, she said 14, they let her through. You'll be fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

How strict are they with children 13 going in without parent / adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Galway K9 wrote: »
    How strict are they with children 13 going in without parent / adult?
    Why would you let a 13 year old in by themselves. Anything could happen inside without you knowing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Ah come on.

I've never seen Croke Park with more Stewards then last night, the standing sections are all split up so it isn't squished or packed at all.

Perfectly safe as long as you have meeting points to pick them up after!

Tbh no matter how many stewards there are not one of them is personally responsible for that one child, they are crowd control etc not babysitters. Having said that it all depends on the child's maturity so I wouldn't judge a parent's decision either way.

Advertisement