Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Tasden wrote: »
    Tbh no matter how many stewards there are not one of them is personally responsible for that one child, they are crowd control etc not babysitters. Having said that it all depends on the child's maturity so I wouldn't judge a parent's decision either way.

I would still prefer to be there with the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

cena wrote: »
    I would still prefer to be there with the child.

That was my point... that nobody is gonna look after your child specifically. But it depends on the parent and child so I wouldn't judge them for the decision they make even if I personally would be the same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Does anybody know where you collects your tickets from the box office at croke park? I've no idea and never thought of asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just driving into work through town at around 6pm and it was disgraceful, 8yr olds running round twisted eating the face of each other, a few jumping on cars naked, seen a couple fighting wit the Gards :pac:

Not really, looked a great atmosphere, reminded me a bit of Christmas eve, all the little one's looking real excited wit their 1D Bags, coats, shirts etc

As much as i detest this band and all they stand for i hope the kids have a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Anyone know the approx end time for this concert?

My wife and daughter are at it and want to judge when to head to collect them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

22.15pm curfew

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

It ended at 10.10 last night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Aww lads was at it last night and absolutely loved it!! Bit of a madness gap between 5SOS and 1D but other than that thought it was really enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dingdongbells

My daughter is 10 and got through. They asked her age, she said 14, they let her through. You'll be fine. :)

Hi we have tickets booked for standing for my 12 and a half yr old. Shes tall for her age. Maybe we are doing alot of fussing over nothing. But can you tell me was there many getting stopped for id checks and also are you allowed to bring backpacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tess44

Hi, my daughter is 12 and about 5ft 5 and we said she was 14 but they wouldn't let us on the pitch - they do have an area where they moved anyone who they thought would be too small/young - we got seats in the cusack stand so were happy enough - seemed to be hit and miss though as certainly some young kids bout 9 and 10 were on the pitch - guess it depended on the security person you got when entering but either way you won't be refused - they were all very efficient and very nice about the whole thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Hi all. A pink purse with gold buckle was found and handed to guards at concert tonight. It still hadn't been claimed by the end so just posting here on the off chance someone might know who owns it.

Tess44 wrote: »
    Hi, my daughter is 12 and about 5ft 5 and we said she was 14 but they wouldn't let us on the pitch - they do have an area where they moved anyone who they thought would be too small/young - we got seats in the cusack stand so were happy enough - seemed to be hit and miss though as certainly some young kids bout 9 and 10 were on the pitch - guess it depended on the security person you got when entering but either way you won't be refused - they were all very efficient and very nice about the whole thing

Thank you so much for the reply. Its comforting to know they are accomadating and not actually turning people away! Maybe we can stop worrying now.
    Thanks again

Thank you so much for the reply. Its comforting to know they are accomadating and not actually turning people away! Maybe we can stop worrying now.
    Thanks again

Nah they said that if you're turned away from standing you will be given a seat somewhere but that it may be restricted viewing so obviously not ideal if you don't get good seats but hopefully won't come to that :)

Nah they said that if you're turned away from standing you will be given a seat somewhere but that it may be restricted viewing so obviously not ideal if you don't get good seats but hopefully won't come to that :)

Geez thats put us at ease, restricted viewing or not we'll be happy. We have spent the last week or so worrying about how devastated she'd be if turned away!! So thanks alot. Maybe we can all relax now. :-)

Geez thats put us at ease, restricted viewing or not we'll be happy. We have spent the last week or so worrying about how devastated she'd be if turned away!! So thanks alot. Maybe we can all relax now. :-)

Hope she enjoys it :)

Thank you, i'm sure she will. Although not so sure about my husband though!! Ha!

Thank you, i'm sure she will. Although not so sure about my husband though!! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Herself was invited to go last night and had a great time, she was up in a VIP box so took some video of the gig but there were loads of seats empty and the standing room on the pitch looks half empty.

She was speaking to the bar staff and they said that tonight is no way full,:confused: what's the story I thought it was a sell out.

The box she was in had free food and drink all night and it was only half full, could have brought the kids.:(

nudger wrote: »
    Herself was invited to go last night and had a great time, she was up in a VIP box so took some video of the gig but there were loads of seats empty and the standing room on the pitch looks half empty.

She was speaking to the bar staff and they said that tonight is no way full,:confused: what's the story I thought it was a sell out.

The box she was in had free food and drink all night and it was only half full, could have brought the kids.:(

Shes so lucky!

This is so annoying though :( bought tickets for the little one the morning they came out, sitting for ages at the computer, "best available" and we're literally in the very last row and its her first concert, she still thinks we aren't going at all so she'll just be happy we're there but if there are other seats empty that's a kick in the face :o

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Picked up a standing ticket outside last night for €30 and while I was buying it another guy offered me one for 20. Passed the time while waiting for sister/nephew who had seats. Good show, excellently organised.

• Advertisement

My daughter is going tonight, like others said we spent hours trying to book and at one stage we thought might have to pay over the odds on sites but the prices were crazy, wonder have the touts been caught out.

From the wife's phone it looked like about 40% of the pitch was full.

After seeing mothers night out, daughter is pissed of as she is way up the back.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Touts spectacularly lost out, delighted. The amount of tickets for the nearest standing sections for 30/40euro and decent seat tickets for below face value.

Feel sorry for the people who panicked when tickets originally sold out and they paid over the odds.

But with all massive gigs like this, especially THREE dates, its always very easy to pick up tickets for cheap.

The same will happen with Garth Brooks~

Might go so.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Any travel tips from those who went?

I'm bringing two 16 year olds and coming from Dundrum. I'm thinking of getting the 16A as far as O'Connell Street and walking up. On the way back we're heading to Cork. The original plan was to walk down to the red line Luas at IFSC and get the Luas as far as Red Cow and get a lift to Cork. Were the pick up zones crazy the last few nights? Would it be easier to go ahead with the plan? We've no problem walking tbh but we want to get on the road as soon as possible :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I'm bringing two 16 year olds and coming from Dundrum. I'm thinking of getting the 16A as far as O'Connell Street and walking up. On the way back we're heading to Cork. The original plan was to walk down to the red line Luas at IFSC and get the Luas as far as Red Cow and get a lift to Cork. Were the pick up zones crazy the last few nights? Would it be easier to go ahead with the plan? We've no problem walking tbh but we want to get on the road as soon as possible :)
    16A is long gone I'm afraid. Get the 14 from Dundum luas station to the North Strand and it's a 15 minute walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

but cheap poncho's in dealz 5e each there, wrap up well - if seated

dont be tempted to buy anything in there.... robbery. have food before you go in. - kids next door wnet yesterday including tickets it cost 130e each and we live in Dublin, disgusting, overpriced robbery.

binoculars, hat, VIP lanyard chips were 3.90e, drinks 2.50. it really is terrible, no wonder they're millionaires ! *rant over*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

thebullkf wrote: »
    but cheap poncho's in dealz 5e each there, wrap up well - if seated

dont be tempted to buy anything in there.... robbery. have food before you go in. - kids next door wnet yesterday including tickets it cost 130e each and we live in Dublin, disgusting, overpriced robbery.

binoculars, hat, VIP lanyard chips were 3.90e, drinks 2.50. it really is terrible, no wonder they're millionaires ! *rant over*

I gave my daughter €40 to buy some merchandise. She brought it all back to me. 'I bought this TShirt in Pennys for €4, Dad. They were selling the same ones for €25 inside!!' Even she could see what a rip-off it was......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

Just for anyone worrying about restricted views. Don't be. We had one and could see perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭thebullkf

I gave my daughter €40 to buy some merchandise. She brought it all back to me. 'I bought this TShirt in Pennys for €4, Dad. They were selling the same ones for €25 inside!!' Even she could see what a rip-off it was......

delighted :) I know i sound like victor meldrew... f**ckin hate rip off merchants though, if you were travelling up and had to stay overnight you're talking approx 500e for a night out !!

I'm the idiot that keeps them in business by buying everything :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

danois wrote: »
    Just for anyone worrying about restricted views. Don't be. We had one and could see perfectly :)

That is possibly one of the worst seats I have ever seen at a concert.

Advertisement