Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

danois wrote: »
    Just for anyone worrying about restricted views. Don't be. We had one and could see perfectly :)

:eek::eek: you must be nuts, or ray charles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did they sing any Irish song, did Niall sing any solo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

That is possibly one of the worst seats I have ever seen at a concert.

Not necessarily. Most of the show was on the 'B' stage and along the ramp so most people had a fine view. Restricted viewing seats are normally far worse with big chunks of the stage not visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shell820810

Just for anyone worrying about restricted views. Don't be. We had one and could see perfectly :)

Could anyone tell me what section this is? Is the narrow strip of streets a section? I am in LOW335 for Garth Brooks. According to the seat map it is the second section from the front, but I am not sure if that strip is the first section?

If I am going to have as bad a view as that I will be trying to change my tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Not necessarily. Most of the show was on the 'B' stage and along the ramp so most people had a fine view. Restricted viewing seats are normally far worse with big chunks of the stage not visible.

Ah come on now!! They are horrendous seats and should not have been sold (unless for a cheaper rate than other seats).

The person in these seats may have been able to see the 5 lads on the "B Stage"/runway but would not have been able to see the drummer, guitarists etc etc along with all the visual displays at the back of the stage.

When I pay good money to go to a gig, I want to be able to see and experience the entire show. I like to focus on what's happening on the entire stage and not have a huge concrete terrace (Hill 16) and a mass on scaffolding along with generators and general back stage storage completing dominating to my left side.

Anyone in these seats who feels they received a good deal is only kidding themselves IMO!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Could anyone tell me what section this is? Is the narrow strip of streets a section? I am in LOW335 for Garth Brooks. According to the seat map it is the second section from the front, but I am not sure if that strip is the first section?

If I am going to have as bad a view as that I will be trying to change my tickets!!

Looks like you are in the same area only lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Fair play to 1D i say. My daughter was there and said that for a live performance every note was pitch perfect. Everyone was happy and having a great time and a great distraction from all the election crap thats on 24/7. They generated multiples of millions for the country, coach hire companies, fast food joints, hawkers, every hotel in Dublin,etc etc. Some of the music purists might turn their noses up at them but so what.

nudger wrote: »
    Looks like you are in the same area only lower.

Mine werent sold as restricted view though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

Fair play to 1D i say. My daughter was there and said that for a live performance every note was pitch perfect. Everyone was happy and having a great time and a great distraction from all the election crap thats on 24/7. They generated multiples of millions for the country, coach hire companies, fast food joints, hawkers, every hotel in Dublin,etc etc. Some of the music purists might turn their noses up at them but so what.
    Well said! I was there last night with my daughters aged 7 and 11. They did a great show, started and finished at a reasonable hour. It was such a "cute" concert, most of the little girls were standing on the seats screaming - especially when Niall started singing!
    I preferred the supporting act, as did most of the mammies on the coach home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

You could see them perfectly. The only bit that couldn't be seen was the lights behind them on stage. The tickets were cheaper and I was delighted with them I was afraid we would see nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭danois

Pic was taken from hogan upper 736 and miles back lol in row U. Still had an amazing night and my daughter loved it. I had warned her we had cheaper seats with a bad view. When we got there tho she seen everything so was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Pic was taken from hogan upper 736 and miles back lol in row U. Still had an amazing night and my daughter loved it. I had warned her we had cheaper seats with a bad view. When we got there tho she seen everything so was delighted.

To the person concerned about her GB seats. If GB doesn't have a "B Stage" and/or runway onto the pitch, you will see very little from the angle shown in the picture posted previosuly.

And if he has a "B Stage" and/or runway, you probably won't see his band and the visuals on the back of the stage!

That's assuming you've seated in a very similar seat to the original poster. It may be different set up for GB with more seats blocked off to ensure everyone has a decent view!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 missybiscuit

So did it live up to the hype?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yes.

To the person concerned about her GB seats. If GB doesn't have a "B Stage" and/or runway onto the pitch, you will see very little from the angle shown in the picture posted previosuly.

And if he has a "B Stage" and/or runway, you probably won't see his band and the visuals on the back of the stage!

That's assuming you've seated in a very similar seat to the original poster. It may be different set up for GB with more seats blocked off to ensure everyone has a decent view!

We are in the next section along, so wont be just as bad, but still a bit concerned. Given the size of the stadium, I think its quite hard to get good seats. Either too far away to see the show without watching it on the big screens, or close enough to see without binoculars, but at a bad angle to see it all.

I will be 6+ months pregnant at that stage, so not interested in the pitch section at all.

(Sorry for interrupting the 1D thread by the way, I had a sister and mum at 1D at the weekend, and both were very impressed).

Only issue they had is that they walked about 2 miles to get back to the city centre because they were sent out a different exit to they came in and had no idea where they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Ah come on now!! They are horrendous seats and should not have been sold (unless for a cheaper rate than other seats).

The person in these seats may have been able to see the 5 lads on the "B Stage"/runway but would not have been able to see the drummer, guitarists etc etc along with all the visual displays at the back of the stage.

When I pay good money to go to a gig, I want to be able to see and experience the entire show. I like to focus on what's happening on the entire stage and not have a huge concrete terrace (Hill 16) and a mass on scaffolding along with generators and general back stage storage completing dominating to my left side.

Anyone in these seats who feels they received a good deal is only kidding themselves IMO!!

The seats were cheaper (restricted viewing), were used as reseats for some people either in the Davin or transferred off the pitch and were for 'managed' seating - those under 16 that arrived without a guardian.

The view of the show itself was perfectly adequate particularly considering the show. Not too many of that audience were concerned about looking at the drummer to be honest :D
    The photos that are up are actually quite deceptive regarding the view. You kinda had to be there to see the true picture.
    IMO those seats were a lot better than those in the Davin. The 'Prime' seats for this gig were probably 304-306 and 332 - 334 so despite the angle these are not too far off that. (301. 336 )

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

The seats were cheaper (restricted viewing), were used as reseats for some people either in the Davin or transferred off the pitch and were for 'managed' seating - those under 16 that arrived without a guardian.

The view of the show itself was perfectly adequate particularly considering the show. Not too many of that audience were concerned about looking at the drummer to be honest :D
    The photos that are up are actually quite deceptive regarding the view. You kinda had to be there to see the true picture.
    IMO those seats were a lot better than those in the Davin. The 'Prime' seats for this gig were probably 304-306 and 332 - 334 so despite the angle these are not too far off that. (301. 336 )

Lower davin seats were awful really - hard to see anything happening on stage .. even on the B stage .. got all the lights & special effects though, pity band members looked smaller than lego men .. wouldn't be keen going in there again for another concert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

IMO nope... although my 11 year old niece thought they were "amazing" so thats all thats matters really :pac:

But they're support band were actually really good... 5 seconds of summer i think??

We actually had really good seats, upper cusack stand at the half way line, we did manage to see alot infairness.

1D just kinda stood there, walked around and kept saying "thank you sooooooooooooooo much" for being here, and i mean over 50 times or so... went last night no rain thank god... but my niece is now more in love than ever and thats what counts :p

Advertisement