Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

We were trying all morning, laptops, iPhones etc no luck, then we got through and were left on the credit card pending, and were waiting and waiting and then my daughter got a call from a friend saying she had got through and had one for her, she was delighted, so we exited the ticketmaster site.

Just got a text from the daughter, the other ticket is now going to another family member. :(:mad:

I know I shouldn't ask but If anyone had a couple of tickets spare would much appreciate it, she's 14 so mother would be going with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Was looking to buy some for presents too but no luck.

The following 2 weekends are booked up for them so unless they play a gig on the Monday (26th) after the two gigs they are playing already in Dublin that might be it for Ireland.

Two gigs max might be all they were expecting to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

On done deal there tickets for sale BUT I'm not sure how legitimate are!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Our people flogging them off for profit already??

Its a year a way tickets will come up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Zeppi wrote: »
    On done deal there tickets for sale BUT I'm not sure how legitimate are!!

I would say they are ok. People would have bought the maximum amount knowing they would sell out and could make s quick buck off them.

I was lucky last month, bought two tickets at cost price for them in the o2 London. Not many will sell these for cost price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

Myself and 2 friends were on the laptops all morning for nearly 3hrs trying to get tickets and eventually we did get tickets but my god, it was a nightmare. Met a friend of my daughter this evening, she told us her mother queued up and got tickets, only took her about 20 mins, no problem. WTF! Next time l will queue up. Ticketmaster is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I had tickets through the app took 10 min. Only tried at 11 and it offered 2. Couldn't not then. If I don't use or sell them the OH can take them. Had no intention before that to get any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Was on trying to get tickets today for hours since 10am. Didnt manage to get any tickets in the end. I think there should of been a presale, that would of stopped alot of the hassle today. Would love tickets for Saturday 24th May. Hope they release more tickets. If anyone see good (2) tickets at a reasonable rate for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I don't think there will be more dates announced. If I remember correctly, Croke Park has a license for three concerts per year. So not very likely that they will spend it for a third One Direction concert (though you can never be sure)

I heard this before too, but not sure where this came from. Didn't U2 play it 3 times and Take That once all in the same year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park Just looking at Wikipedia, seems to be max 3 shows per year. Really hope more tickets or another date is added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

More tickets WILL be added but not until a 6-8 weeks before the gig.

Reason this happens is that they sell what they can then the promotors will get the stage specifications from the bands management. When they get this they'll realise that more seats with a good view can be sold so will sell them. I reckon only around 2,000 max per date though

Thanks Scudzilla so much for letting me know. :D

ciaramc wrote: »
    Thanks Scudzilla so much for letting me know. :D

Don't thank me that much, you didn't get any when 150,000 were up for grabs, what hope ya got wit a max of 5,000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jaysus... when was the last time a band sold out croker like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

MadYaker wrote: »

Westlife's farewell concerts last year?? Definitely the first one, can't recall about the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

How strict will they be on the no under 14s on the pitch rule? I didnt even know this, and sister asked for standing tickets but my niece will be 12 at the time of the concert! oops! I think a make over might be involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Mr.S wrote: »
    No ticket sales / requests allowed on thread.

But... the latest reply you deleted wasn't trying to sell tickets here, they were talking about how they might sell them at a later date. Is that not allowed either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I didn't I have 4 with the possibility.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thats fabulous!

Again, no dealings allowed on thread and if you talk about selling tickets at higher prices i'll delete them too, no one likes a tout.

Yep, if he wants to sell them at face value then www.adverts.ie is the place

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MadYaker wrote: »

I think Take That with Robbie sold out there as well

There will probably be more tickets on sale closer to the date

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Take That with Robbie sold out there as well

There will probably be more tickets on sale closer to the date

Just wondering.. Would you imagine there being more standing tickets or just sitting or could it just be anything?

Really starting to regret not making a big enough effort yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

deise_girl wrote: »
    Just wondering.. Would you imagine there being more standing tickets or just sitting or could it just be anything?

Really starting to regret not making a big enough effort yesterday

I'd say both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

FWIW I was looking on donedeal and other sites a bit yesterday and a few people were advertising tickets around face value. I'd say a lot of people got greedy and ordered 9 tickets thinking they would make a killing, but those credit card bills will be in the letterbox soon!

I also noticed some people relisting after 1 day (at the same high price) so obviously they are not exactly shifting at high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

for those not listening to today fm they have hinted there may be a third date.

also from another thread a heads up to be careful of sites that are selling the tickets (needaticket.ie is the main one and they have been mentioned a number of times on this forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

danniemcq wrote: »
    for those not listening to today fm they have hinted there may be a third date.

also from another thread a heads up to be careful of sites that are selling the tickets (needaticket.ie is the main one and they have been mentioned a number of times on this forum)

I think that's a bit ambitious, of course maybe they should have gone with 2 gigs at the start, say Thomond Park and Croke Park, then announce a second Croker gig.

That way it would be effectively 2.5 gigs in terms of tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭deeks

Cherrycola wrote: »
    How strict will they be on the no under 14s on the pitch rule? I didnt even know this, and sister asked for standing tickets but my niece will be 12 at the time of the concert! oops! I think a make over might be involved!

I'm in the same position. Bought standing tickets for a friend and her daughter not knowing the under 14 rule. The daughter will be 12 at the time of the concert next year. I'd say it will be fine as I can't imagine them looking for id for all kids going into the standing area. I'd say that as long as the child is not 5 or 6 it will be fine (hopefully!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

deeks wrote: »
    I'm in the same position. Bought standing tickets for a friend and her daughter not knowing the under 14 rule. The daughter will be 12 at the time of the concert next year. I'd say it will be fine as I can't imagine them looking for id for all kids going into the standing area. I'd say that as long as the child is not 5 or 6 it will be fine (hopefully!!)

same here .. except he'll only be 11 ....it was all we could get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I would say there will be a lot more people in the same position, as there was such demand for tickets. And I'd imagine the average age for this concert is probably 12! And they won't all have been able to get seated tickets. But in fairness, there was no mention of that rule before I hit the pay button, as in 'you must be over 14 to purchase tickets for this area" type of thing, the only place I saw it(after they were bought) was when I went into the FAQ after seeing something here! And who has time to read those while desperately trying to buy tickets, and its not like you could even access the website to read them at the time either!
    I'm hoping its just there to cover their own asses, and that they will turn a blind eye on the day, especially if they are with a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

whats this all about "no u-14s on the pitch" :eek::eek::eek:

I got 4 standing tickets. An adult and 3 x 9 yr olds were planning on going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

whats this all about "no u-14s on the pitch" :eek::eek::eek:

I got 4 standing tickets. An adult and 3 x 9 yr olds were planning on going.

http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41814

Advertisement