Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

whats this all about "no u-14s on the pitch" :eek::eek::eek:

I got 4 standing tickets. An adult and 3 x 9 yr olds were planning on going.

as long as there is an adult with them you are grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I got 4 standing tickets. An adult and 3 x 9 yr olds were planning on going.

That sounds like an extra added layer of hell to what is already hell on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

JJ wrote: »
    That sounds like an extra added layer of hell to what is already hell on earth.

I couldnt believe when I got the tickets that at the exact same time I actually found 4 DVDs that I havent rewound in ages that have to be done that night so wont be able to go myself.

Ah the look on the chisselers faces was worth it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

danniemcq wrote: »
    for those not listening to today fm they have hinted there may be a third date.

also from another thread a heads up to be careful of sites that are selling the tickets (needaticket.ie is the main one and they have been mentioned a number of times on this forum)

I thought 2 was the max dates anyone can do in Croke Park :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought 2 was the max dates anyone can do in Croke Park :confused:

yeah thats mentioned in this thread but then again back in 09 Take That Played June 13th then U2 played June 24th, 25th and the 27th...

(U2 done it in 05 on June 24th, 25th and 27 too)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd say with a bit of consultation with the local community and license approval, a 3rd date could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Martinet76

80000 people at €70 each would generate over 100K at 2% over 12 months.

80000 people in the seats and don't forget about the pitch that will hold another 20000 people

Got two tickets for the indigo stand and found out kids under 14 can't go there what shall I do

80000 people at €70 each would generate over 100K at 2% over 12 months.
    as long as there is an adult with them you are grand

Don't worry about it I'm the same got ticket for the wife and daughter she be 11 they will change it ill be over there when there going in and the will be getting in and the end I'm ill u I paid 340€ for two tickets

Hi all I got indigo ticket for my daughter she 10 then there saying no kids allowed on the pitch was talking to some one I know he getting on mcd hold your tickets because they will have to change it , it's a children concerts and they don't want children on the pitch , hold off ill know more to more night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Martinet76 wrote: »
    80000 people in the seats and don't forget about the pitch that will hold another 20000 people

The maximum allowed capacity for concerts is the same as for matches, so there will only be as many people on the pitch as the hill holds (about 8800 I think). The pitch is far from full at any croke park gigs, even with the stage taking up a big chunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hi all I got indigo ticket for my daughter she 10 then there saying no kids allowed on the pitch was talking to some one I know he getting on mcd hold your tickets because they will have to change it , it's a children concerts and they don't want children on the pitch , hold off ill know more to more night

Children are allowed on the pitch if they're accompanied by an adult. Seems reasonable in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

For Croke Park concerts, Croke Park normally hold 82, 300 people max.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Children are allowed on the pitch if they're accompanied by an adult. Seems reasonable in my opinion.

As long as they're over 14.

Ericaa wrote: »
    As long as they're over 14.

Q: Can I bring my one year old baby without a ticket?
    A: The Promoter deems that large stadium concerts are not suitable environments for all small children under 5 years old. This being so, we have no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children on site. It is important to note that high noise levels can damage your child's hearing. Should you still choose to bring young children or babies please note all small children over 2 years old will require a ticket and you will be requested to sign a consent form before entering the venue.

Q: Can I bring my one year old baby without a ticket?
    A: The Promoter deems that large stadium concerts are not suitable environments for all small children under 5 years old. This being so, we have no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children on site. It is important to note that high noise levels can damage your child's hearing. Should you still choose to bring young children or babies please note all small children over 2 years old will require a ticket and you will be requested to sign a consent form before entering the venue.

"Standing tickets only available to persons aged 14 and over. No under 16s will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult. All under 16's to be accompanied by parent or guardian."

"Standing tickets only available to persons aged 14 and over. No under 16s will be allowed on the pitch unless accompanied by an adult. All under 16's to be accompanied by parent or guardian."

I think that means over 14s only can buy tickets but they must also have an adult with them unless they are over 16.

I think its so for gigs like this that are a long time in the future (like this) someone aged 14 can buy one ticket and be 16 at the time of the concert so they don't need an adult with them.

EDIT

For example kid is 14 but birthday next week, they can buy one ticket for a late June gig next year as they will be 16 then and not require and adult with them at the gig.

I think that means over 14s only can buy tickets but they must also have an adult with them unless they are over 16.

I think its so for gigs like this that are a long time in the future (like this) someone aged 14 can buy one ticket and be 16 at the time of the concert so they don't need an adult with them.

I highly, highly doubt that's what that means.

Q: Pitch standing is only available to people aged 14 and over. Is that at the time of the concert or when I buy my ticket?
    A: It is at the time of the concert. So if you are 13 when the concert is announced and you will be 14 when the concert happens you can buy a standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Id say the most likely scenario is that its not really enforced on the day, cant see MCD formally retracting it as then parents who didnt ignore the age limits will be hassling them, and they will be leaving themselves open to complaints when some asshat brings a four year old and is surprised that they cant see the stage or get a bit squashed after standing up the front

Right 14, 15 and 16 year olds need an adult, over 16s no need for adult.

UNDER 14's WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE PITCH

This is from MCD coming through Today FM. Seems like TM need to update their FAQ or at least make it clearer or talk to MCD and sort it out.

If this is affecting you you are not alone, Today FM alone getting heaps of emails from parents about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They just had confirmation from MCD on Today Fm a few minutes ago, and regardless if you have a parent or guardian with you, under 14's are not allowed on the pitch standing, 14-15 year olds are allowed with a parent or guardian and 16 or over do not need a parent or guardian.

Right 14, 15 and 16 year olds need an adult, over 16s no need for adult.

UNDER 14's WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE PITCH

This is from MCD coming through Today FM. Seems like TM need to update their FAQ or at least make it clearer or talk to MCD and sort it out.

If this is affecting you you are not alone, Today FM alone getting heaps of emails from parents about it.

Did you not read my post?! It's pretty clear in the FAQ already!

Did you not read my post?! It's pretty clear in the FAQ already!

I did read your post, and its not that clear, if it was then there wouldn't be such an outcry.

If they wanted to be clearer they should have said in the FAQ that under 14s must be seated instead of the way its worded now. The allowing 2 year olds should be specified as seating only not just entry to arena.

I'm just really not getting why people are having an issue with this. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I think the issue people are having with it is that it wasn't made clear at the time of purchase of the standing ticket that you must be aged 14 or over to avail of said ticket. Yes it's stated in the FAQ but seeing as the ticketmaster site was inaccessible most of the morning when tickets went on sale, and buyers could barely get through the ticket buying process, never mind trying to read FAQs while in a queue lasting 15mins, how were people to know that this was the case? And if they chose the Best Available option for tickets and were allocated standing tickets, with no mention of an age restriction then what can they do?!
    I know my niece will be going to the standing area, she will be 12 at the time, and her mother will be screaming blue murder along with hundreds more I gather if they are refused entry

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I think the issue people are having with it is that it wasn't made clear at the time of purchase of the standing ticket that you must be aged 14 or over to avail of said ticket. Yes it's stated in the FAQ but seeing as the ticketmaster site was inaccessible most of the morning when tickets went on sale, and buyers could barely get through the ticket buying process, never mind trying to read FAQs while in a queue lasting 15mins, how were people to know that this was the case? And if they chose the Best Available option for tickets and were allocated standing tickets, with no mention of an age restriction then what can they do?!
    I know my niece will be going to the standing area, she will be 12 at the time, and her mother will be screaming blue murder along with hundreds more I gather if they are refused entry
    I understand this point as I was buying tickets myself, but that's exactly why I checked ticketmaster the night before....

I understand this point as I was buying tickets myself, but that's exactly why I checked ticketmaster the night before....

Yes but the issue is not everyone knew there was an FAQ online. How many parents pestered by their kids know nothing about computers and maybe had their kids do the main parts before they step in and finalize it.

How many others have been to something like the picnic where children are no problem at all and would assume that this concert whose main audience is teens would think that there shouldn't be an issue.

Heck I didn't even know there was an FAQ section on TM till I actively searched for it.

For a gig like this Ticketmaster should have had a banner running across the homepage that morning and over the order page informing people in HUGE writing that under 14s will not be allowed on the pitch. And I don't mean in crappy small writing like other T&C's because 99.9% they are ignored.

There are 2 options open to TM that I can see, either have a ticket swap where people with standing tickets can swap for seating (is there a price difference?) but this would breach their own T&C again with swapping tickets etc. Option 2 let everyone on the pitch but barrier the crap out of it. Have multiple penned in areas like mosh pits in front of the stage but all over the ground instead. This will minimize any pushing and allow security to walk around between and keep a close eye on everyone.

Option 1 would be easiest for them but also a pain for families with say and 11 year old and a 15 year old as they will still need a seat whereas number 2 would probably be a logistical and insurance nightmare but depending on numbers of standing tickets sold it could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 breda76

1D tickets

I was ready to roll at 09.57 and waited and waited for 20mins and requested 4 SEATED tickets and waited another 10mins and ended up with 4 STANDING tickets! My girls will be 12 and 11 at time of concert so does this mean that because of TM incompetent system we will be refused entry??

breda76 wrote: »
    1D tickets

I was ready to roll at 09.57 and waited and waited for 20mins and requested 4 SEATED tickets and waited another 10mins and ended up with 4 STANDING tickets! My girls will be 12 and 11 at time of concert so does this mean that because of TM incompetent system we will be refused entry??

Sorry to say but as it currently stands yes, your best bet is to try and swap them off someone with seating tickets unless you wanna take your chances and wait for further information from either Ticketmaster or MCD.

of course it might be difficult for security to tell the ages of kids but then you are taking the rish of no entry and by that stage it could be to late to swap for seating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 breda76

I agree with you re highlight age restriction. TM hadnt a problem taking 264e from visa card!

Advertisement