Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

danniemcq wrote: »
    Heck I didn't even know there was an FAQ section on TM till I actively searched for it.
    I had no idea there was an FAQ page until after I bought tickets. Good thing it stated the age limit on the ticket page, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 breda76

Ericaa wrote: »
    I had no idea there was an FAQ page until after I bought tickets. Good thing it stated the age limit on the ticket page, eh?

Im glad for you that you were aware of this. Many were not and its not that obvious to see unless you click on 'more'.

The age limit is ridiculous after all it is a kids concert....Most of 1D fans range from 7 to 16. Is there really anyone over the age of 16 that would be interested in attended this concert?? (Except to accompany a child). Friends of mine brought kids to westlife (u14) and were on the pitch. Whats the difference with 1D? Im sure theres a limit of people allowed on pitch....what is the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ericaa wrote: »

you mean that tiny tiny writing on the right hand side of the page when your eyes are looking at the details on the left. The tiny tiny writing popup that disappears from the page as soon as you click anywhere on the page?

That is really not enough. Heck the HUGE click through they have to get to the ticket page says nothing even.

Its a cluster**** of a situation and I feel so sorry for people who bought tickets and are now left scratching their heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Honestly folks, when 80,000 kids start running into the stadium i'd bet my life they won't give a fúck who goes onto the pitch, be it a 40 year old or a 2 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

It was clearly stated for me when I was trying to buy the tickets no under 14s would be allowed on the pitch with or without an adult.

I had 4 tickets got but had to cancel my order when I seen this notice.It was there in fairness.I know the site was a mess and people might not have noticed the T&Cs regarding standing.

I doubt the promoter or even croke park will bend on that rule way two dangerous to have a 6 7 8 9 year old standing in a big crowd like that risk of trampling etc

I added a attachment its as plain as day about the under 14s rule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

dave1982 wrote: »
    It was clearly stated for me when I was trying to buy the tickets no under 14s would be allowed on the pitch with or without an adult.

I had 4 tickets got but had to cancel my order when I seen this notice.It was there in fairness.I know the site was a mess and people might not have noticed the T&Cs regarding standing.

I doubt the promoter or even croke park will bend on that rule way two dangerous to have a 6 7 8 9 year old standing in a big crowd like that risk of trampling etc

That message didn't come up on my ticketmaster iphone app.

I rang ticketmaster, they are unrepentant on this. u14s will not be allowed stand and up to you what you do with your ticket. I foresee a lot of kids getting in but theyed want to be close to 14, if the majority are there or thereabouts, ages 6-12 will have a hard time viewing and daddys shoulders will be worn about by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dave1982 wrote: »

its plain as day when you are looking for it.

I just went through the booking process with my GF from start to ticket selection and asked her if she seen a warning about something (this was after i had mentioned about the age thing so she had a clue)

I did it several times and each time the message would come up yes but she never seen it and the instant you click anywhere on the page it disappears.

Honestly i reloaded the page about 10 times each time that tiny box appeared and each time she didn't notice, even when i left it there and did nothing. It took me pointing it out.

That was a calm environment where time wasn't an issue like it was on the day they were released.

On top of that even after you click somewhere on the page the message changes to

Please Note: See the full FAQ's here. Standing tickets only available to p...more

That does not scream ATTENTION to me.

AGREE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

breda76 wrote: »
    Im glad for you that you were aware of this. Many were not and its not that obvious to see unless you click on 'more'.

The age limit is ridiculous after all it is a kids concert....Most of 1D fans range from 7 to 16. Is there really anyone over the age of 16 that would be interested in attended this concert?? (Except to accompany a child). Friends of mine brought kids to westlife (u14) and were on the pitch. Whats the difference with 1D? Im sure theres a limit of people allowed on pitch....what is the issue?

The rule was there for westlife as well, though doesnt seem to have been enforced.

I'd imagine there will be a lot of girls aged 16-21 at the gig, many of whom will have drink taken, few of whom can handle drink. The issue with letting young kids in the standing area is that putting a young child in with a bunch of drunk, screamimg teenagers is a bad idea when the inevitable crowd surges occur. Cue mammy and daddy trying to sue mcd because they ignored the instructions on the website and brought a young child into the standing area.

Added to that is the fact that young children will have difficulty seeing anything, so end up being put up on the parents shoulders, blocking everyone elses view, causing further pushing from people trying to get past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I can understand how people might have missed with the panic on Saturday morning it might have been pure luck I spotted it, glad I did because I've a 9 and 12 year looking to go.The 12 year old is tall so we might have gotten her in there and the 9 year old is small being honest I be nervous of her in the middle of a crowd on the pitch.

It will even be hard to sell the standing tickets at this stage unless they have a bigger following of over 16s than I thought.

I feel sorry for the parents who did manage to buy the standing its a nasty sting to get

Reading through the thread I'm amazed people can't see the dangers of bringing young kids onto the pitch

Heres a picture of the crowds at a croke park concert
    U2-Croke_Park.jpg

• Advertisement

Also regarding the notification given, it is clearly stated on both the website and app prior to buying tickets. Just because you cant be arsed reading the information given doesnt mean its ticketmasters fault

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

A bit dramatic, 18 myself and Id be a huge fan as would many of my friends of a similar age. Look at the members of the group's ages, 19-21, so there'll be plenty of girls that age there too. Of course they'll be many, many kids there but to think it'll be only 7-16 is a tad naive!

danniemcq wrote: »
    you mean that tiny tiny writing on the right hand side of the page when your eyes are looking at the details on the left. The tiny tiny writing popup that disappears from the page as soon as you click anywhere on the page?

That is really not enough. Heck the HUGE click through they have to get to the ticket page says nothing even.

Its a cluster**** of a situation and I feel so sorry for people who bought tickets and are now left scratching their heads

It doesn't matter what size it is! It's an adults responsibility to find these things out before they go investing 100's of Euro into something. I have NO sympathy for people who blindly bought tickets without checking the venue policies first.

I have huge sympathy for the children who are going to affected by this carelessness, however.

Anyway, we're just going to have to agree to disagree because this is getting nowhere.

Im still in a dilemma whether to take a chance on bringing my 11 and 12 year old to it? any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmett1

See can you swap them. Lots of people looking to swap on Done deal. You might have to pay they difference. Worth a try. You never know your luck. Just email a few people or put up a wanted add.

Im still in a dilemma whether to take a chance on bringing my 11 and 12 year old to it? any advice?

Safest bet would be to try and swap for some seated tickets. Generally there is more demand for standing tickets where people are going with friends can stand together rather than be in different stands.

Are you going the 1st or 2nd night? If its the 2nd night you could hold out and see what the story is after the 1st night.

With 160000 tickets being sold, chances are you'll find someone looking to switch. It's a year away and many people who bought will be unable to go, or no longer want to go by the time the gig comes around

ceegee wrote: »
    Safest bet would be to try and swap for some seated tickets. Generally there is more demand for standing tickets where people are going with friends can stand together rather than be in different stands.

Are you going the 1st or 2nd night? If its the 2nd night you could hold out and see what the story is after the 1st night.

With 160000 tickets being sold, chances are you'll find someone looking to switch. It's a year away and many people who bought will be unable to go, or no longer want to go by the time the gig comes around

Will do that......i suppose theres no need to panic yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

That screen grab that was posted was absolutely not the way it appeared when I was going through the buying tickets process! I even went back in to check when I read in here about the under 14 rule, and it did not show up like that. There was an option to click More, and when I did I got another box that required me to click 'here' and then I was redirected to the FAQ page!
    Is it possible ticketmaster have amended that page since??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

And if you want to be really pernickety, if I bought a standing ticket and decided to bring my 12mth old with me, I would be allowed entry to the pitch, as per ticketmasters FAQs, they won't have facilities for babies, but I can bring her if I want, so where they get off refusing any other child under 14 is beyond me!

Q: Can I bring my one year old baby without a ticket?
    A: The Promoter deems that large stadium concerts are not suitable environments for all small children under 5 years old. This being so, we have no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children on site. It is important to note that high noise levels can damage your child's hearing. Should you still choose to bring young children or babies please note all small children over 2 years old will require a ticket and you will be requested to sign a consent form before entering the venue.

No mention of no babies in the standing area there?! So if my sister signs a consent for her 12yr old will that suffice ticketmaster?!

Cherrycola wrote: »
    And if you want to be really pernickety, if I bought a standing ticket and decided to bring my 12mth old with me, I would be allowed entry to the pitch, as per ticketmasters FAQs, they won't have facilities for babies, but I can bring her if I want, so where they get off refusing any other child under 14 is beyond me!

Q: Can I bring my one year old baby without a ticket?
    A: The Promoter deems that large stadium concerts are not suitable environments for all small children under 5 years old. This being so, we have no measures in place to facilitate babies or small children on site. It is important to note that high noise levels can damage your child's hearing. Should you still choose to bring young children or babies please note all small children over 2 years old will require a ticket and you will be requested to sign a consent form before entering the venue.

No mention of no babies in the standing area there?! So if my sister signs a consent for her 12yr old will that suffice ticketmaster?!

What planet are you on!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Been following the prices on ebay and surprisingly some tickets have gone for near face value or not far off.

Some of the quotes are nuts in the Buy Now bracket but the auction tickets don't seem to be selling for crazy prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Will they announce a 3rd show do you think?Or will Ticketmaster release tickets looking for my brother kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd say there's a good chance they'll release more tickets closer to the time. These are either tickets not taken up by the band, management, etc or tickets that are just held back so they can deflate prices on the black market just before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

just checked ticketmaster.ie and noticed theres no "sold out" notice on the gig, still shows like i would be able to buy some tickets on upper tier... ill ring them tomorrow and ask why is that. looks like they try to avoid black market maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

This could well be the happiest moment of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Anyone know if they have a presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Anyone knows whats the best way to get them? Online or shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Christmas present sorted, happy days :D

edit: uhh not for me...obviously........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

maria34 wrote: »
    Anyone knows whats the best way to get them? Online or shop?

Shop.
    When the 1st time they went on sale, it was a nightmare. Was online since early mornin that time with my sister and few of my friends trying to get it, it was impossible. In the end, 1 of my friends manage to get tickets in the afternoon for the 2nd concert but they were the dearest ticket, it cost us @€;500 for 3 :eek: but we had to get it, we had no choice. I swore never again. My daugher's friend bought tickets at shop and had no problem gettin. If l had known at that time, l would have bought them at the shop
    So if l were you, go early and buy them at the shop.
    If you want to buy them online, then go online very early in the morning even though the tickets sale starts at 10pm, you might have a good chance. This I didn't know at that time either
    Good Luck

Advertisement