Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction - Croke Park 2014 - *Discussion Only - NO ticket Sales/Requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You had to get tickets and you had no choice? Did you have a gun to your head?

Anyhoo, you can have the best of both worlds if you download the TM app. You can try online while you're queuing at a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katy67

JJ wrote: »
    You had to get tickets and you had no choice? Did you have a gun to your head?

That a terrible thing to say about the gun, there was no need for it.

So are you saying l had a choice, what choice?
    Just don't bother with the tickets and my daughter who is big fan of them, who for the last 12 mths always wanted to go to see them get very upset cos l wouldn't get them as l have a choice!

Those tickets were the only ones that kept coming up on the screen, and after being on line for about 5hrs, we had no choice otherwise if we didn't buy them there and then, we be online for another few hrs and might not get them at all.
    Remember, the 1st 80,0000 tickets were sold out in about 2 hrs, the tickets for the 2nd 80,000 were sold out in a couple hrs too, so you would have to understand the pressure and stress we had trying to get them. Those expensive tickets were probably were whats left of them
    I'm sure other mothers would have done the same!

Like l said in my last post, if l had known at that time to buy them at the shop or go online early and of course download the TM apps, that l would have done

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

katy67 wrote: »
    Shop.
    When the 1st time they went on sale, it was a nightmare. Was online since early mornin that time with my sister and few of my friends trying to get it, it was impossible. In the end, 1 of my friends manage to get tickets in the afternoon for the 2nd concert but they were the dearest ticket, it cost us @€;500 for 3 :eek: but we had to get it, we had no choice. I swore never again. My daugher's friend bought tickets at shop and had no problem gettin. If l had known at that time, l would have bought them at the shop
    So if l were you, go early and buy them at the shop.
    If you want to buy them online, then go online very early in the morning even though the tickets sale starts at 10pm, you might have a good chance. This I didn't know at that time either
    Good Luck

Shop sounds like a better idea then. Which shops do sell them? Does eason sell tickets like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sweetsugar

maria34 wrote: »
    Shop sounds like a better idea then. Which shops do sell them? Does eason sell tickets like this?

I don't think shops like eason sell them.
    Not sure where and depending where you live too
    Ask your friends if they know any place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What time of nite would u want to start Queing for the tickets ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sweetsugar

What time of nite would u want to start Queing for the tickets ???

All night I say.
    Are you buying online or shop?

22.00 (10 o clockish ) @ nite be in time. Shop Safer have a better chance.

ooooo BEEEP BEEP BEEP

I am so glad my daughter is not a 1D fan.

Anyhoo, if you want to start queuing, you can do so at any of these places:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/r7vcnc

And for anyone who already has tickets, if you want to keep your kids in line, you can follow this mother's example:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171129708772

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

JJ wrote: »
    And for anyone who already has tickets, if you want to keep your kids in line, you can follow this mother's example:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171129708772

That is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 breda76

Will the 3rd date sell out?

breda76 wrote: »
    Will the 3rd date sell out?

Do bears **** in the woods?

Im trying to sell my four standing as kids are u14 (same story as everyone else really) and hoping to purchase seating ones. Doubt if it will happen now. Anyway, Saturday nite was supposed to be the 1ST night....hope none get sore throat or fall off stage on fri nite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Im trying to sell my four standing as kids are u14 (same story as everyone else really) and hoping to purchase seating ones. Doubt if it will happen now. Anyway, Saturday nite was supposed to be the 1ST night....hope none get sore throat or fall off stage on fri nite!

I'd suggest getting your seated tickets as is now for the Friday night.
    You will sell the standing tickets absolutely no problem whatsoever.

i hope ur right...imagine 240k 1 direction fans in Ireland! Niall Horan is laughing all the way to the bank...lucky git!

Just trade them with someone on Toutless.com, Adverts.ie or DoneDeal.ie. That would be much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ddeb

Tickets going on sale in the morning, try Carrolls Westmoreland Street. Not many people know there is a ticketmaster there

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

So the madness begins tomorrow again eh?

For anyone who will be trying to buy tickets, I highly advise that you get the Ticketmaster app on a smartphone if you can. It's the only thing that saved me from missing out when I bought my cousin tickets the last time.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ericaa wrote: »
    So the madness begins tomorrow again eh?

For anyone who will be trying to buy tickets, I highly advise that you get the Ticketmaster app on a smartphone if you can. It's the only thing that saved me from missing out when I bought my cousin tickets the last time.

Good luck!

^ ^ +1 to that, ya don't have to do that stupid captcha thing which saves a precious 10 seconds, vital in quick selling concerts.

Make sure all yer card details are in yer profile before the madness begins, i got tickets to arthurs day at Whelans this way (even though it was shite), and that sold out in 30 seconds

scudzilla wrote: »
    ^ ^ +1 to that, ya don't have to do that stupid captcha thing which saves a precious 10 seconds, vital in quick selling concerts.

Make sure all yer card details are in yer profile before the madness begins, i got tickets to arthurs day at Whelans this way (even though it was shite), and that sold out in 30 seconds

Yup, but also, the ticketmaster site had me in a queue for like 20 minutes only to tell me there was none left. I used the app and I didn't have to queue for half as long. Overall it was just so much more reliable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Do you they will sell out the third date in minutes like the last 2 dates?

MariaBabii wrote: »
    Do you they will sell out the third date in minutes like the last 2 dates?

I'd say so. People are already queuing up in Waterford lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

:( It's depressing that these muppets will sell out. RIP decent music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

No way for real? Is the 2nd date 100% sold out?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Feeling the stress levels rising already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

9 hours queing 25 th in the Drogheda que yawn !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Get ready.... get set.....fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Cant get them online, shows no matches found. Ill give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

same here and I was put through to the ticket screen at 10.02

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

maria34 wrote: »
    Cant get them online, shows no matches found. Ill give up.

I got through right on 10 and got the same, surely they couldn't have sold out in seconds.

Advertisement