Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Dog in Balbriggan

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Found a little jack Russell up at Dunnes on Sunday 12th May, friendly, male, not chipped. Anyone missing or know of anyone missing this little fella? Have checked with Guards & posted on some Facebook pages, will also be putting up posters around the area after work. Be a shame to send him to the pound if I can't find his owner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Very sad. Don't understand why people don't get their dogs chipped.

Have you posted it on this forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58949406

Also try http://www.lostandfound.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You should let the two vets know too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

get onto Balbriggan.net also

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

Morpheus wrote: »
    get onto Balbriggan.net also

Done but I'm not sure if they shared my post.

I've left my details with Ashton dog pound also. Will put up poster in vets later today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Sparkles78 wrote: »
    I've left my details with Ashton dog pound also. Will put up poster in vets later today

Whatever you do please please please don't bring him to Ashton pound or any other pound. He will only have a limited amount of time for his owners to come forward and then there is a strong chance he will be put to sleep. If you can't foster him until he is rehomed, contact DAR or one of the other animal charities, like DogsTrust and ask them to take him. At least that way if his owners can't be found he has a fighting chace of being rehomed.

Also, what about dropping a poster into each of the Eastern European/African shops? I know a lot of people who are not native of Ireland often don't really know where to start or how to find their pet if it goes missing. So maybe put the word out amongst the polish and other communities in the town.

Oh and the take aways and Spar shops! Put a poster in there too - good chance of being spotted by someone who might know his human mammy & daddy!

Little Ted wrote: »
    Whatever you do please please please don't bring him to Ashton pound or any other pound. He will only have a limited amount of time for his owners to come forward and then there is a strong chance he will be put to sleep. If you can't foster him until he is rehomed, contact DAR or one of the other animal charities, like DogsTrust and ask them to take him. At least that way if his owners can't be found he has a fighting chace of being rehomed.

Also, what about dropping a poster into each of the Eastern European/African shops? I know a lot of people who are not native of Ireland often don't really know where to start or how to find their pet if it goes missing. So maybe put the word out amongst the polish and other communities in the town.

Oh and the take aways and Spar shops! Put a poster in there too - good chance of being spotted by someone who might know his human mammy & daddy!

Thanks for your reply :) yeah I know about the pounds I fostered for one of the rescues last year..... still have the dog as I couldn't part with her :)

I still have some more posters to put up just stuck in work at the mo.

Never thought about the foreign shops so thank you Ill do that too :)

Have him all over Facebook, somebody thinks they seen a post somewhere that it's a little girls dog, just can't find the post :( I've left details with the guards I was sure that'd be one of the first places to ring although I don't know how helpful they are as when I asked where any reported missing he said no then I spotted a poster on the notice board of a missing jack russell!

Advertisement