Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards.ie and Swype

• 14-05-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

I'm using Swype on a Samsung galaxy s ii. it's fine except when it comes to boards. when typing, auto space refuses to work. has any one else had this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Yeah it's always acted a bit funny on Boards for me too. I've never noticed it anywhere else.

For me the auto spacing works but if I start a new paragraph it will keep deleting the first word unless I put a space in myself.

I've tried everything. Gone back to SwiftKey Flow instead.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've noticed a few issues with Swype, including on Boards, but only since the last update. It worked fine before that. I'm using v4.1.2 on Three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I use it with opera and never had any problems posting here with Swype. only problem I get is that it doesn't put a capital after the full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Thank goodness, I thought it was my device acting up - I was getting random capitalisation as well..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Zaph wrote: »
    I've noticed a few issues with Swype, including on Boards, but only since the last update. It worked fine before that. I'm using v4.1.2 on Three.

I found since the jb update, and then having to purchase Swype through the market it's definitely not working as good as it was. (I'm on an sgs2 atm)

Trying to edit, copy or paste is now a nightmare, the cursor jumps all over the show when you attempt to paste text.

I had the auto spacing problem for a while, but thankfully that's resolved itself now.

Pity though as its the best keyboard on android by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I had to leave swype after a couple of years in the beta program because it just refuses to work with boards. It's also impossible to move the cursor while editing a longish post, seems to be a problem with detecting line wraps in the boards textbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

having the same issue with Swype.

Another issue i'm having is it keeps Force Closing on me. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Daverk

Hope you have reported this to the developer, don't see the issue myself yet. Using a htc one with Swype.

Advertisement