Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOMbie on the loose

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Worst night ever in the history of being a mum (13 months to the day)

She has been the best sleeper, eater, slept thru from 4.5 months, in her own room in cot, no probs with transition.. Very happy bubbly chatty little lady.... Until yest! :(

Came home from work (dad minds her), to give her her tea, and noticed a rash behind her ear and on her neck... Had a MAJOR fit, roaring and shouting "how could you not see it" to dad, (ive since calmed and apologised!!).. It was only neck to bum, front and back, none on arms legs or head. Rang on call doc, brought her in.. No panic, its virul.. so relieved.. (no temp, puking or anything).

So panic over.. Bottle and bed... Went straight to sleep.. Then all hell broke loose...

2 hrs after being put to bed she wakes ROARING, roaring like ive never heard, shes not a whingy baby, Went up soother her and she went back to sleep.. FOR TWENTY MINS.. then same thing over and over and over and over again.. you catch my drift :(

It seems to be her teeth, the poor mite has three coming through.. Temp remained normal all night..

Shes laughing and joking, talking to the cat, calling dad a douche, playing with her toys, eating and drinking fine.. but as soon as you try to put her to sleep, its sleep, then twenty mins later sits up roaring :( Its totally heart breaking.. Her eyes are falling out of her head with tiredness (as well as mum and dads head)

I guess im just venting.. and its prob just hit me for six as we've never had a night like this before with her..

But if anyone has any words of wisdom please shoot.. We have just given her calpol.. she wont let us put our finger in her mouth to use bonjella and hates those teetha granuals..

thanks for listening.. I do feel slightly better now :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Oh we've had quite a few nights like that. Apparently they feel the pain much more at night whereas they're so busy during the day they don't notice so much. We used to alternate between calpol and nurofen at those really bad times.

It's tough but it does pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

We've had nights like that when teething gets really bad. I usually resort to baby ibuprofen when she gets that bad at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Plus one on nurofen - found it much better than calpol for teething. It's tough going but it does pass and at least she's getting a few in one go by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had that too, but only with the little guy. I thought I was imagining the 20 mins thing, glad to know I wasn't.

The following morning I signed my sisters name for a parcel, I meant to sign my name. Thankfully, Ppostman though it was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I've been very lucky with my 14 month old but he has had a few rough nights with teething. I have found that the best thing for him to sleep a good night's sleep is a product called Camilia (chalmomile). It was actually recommended by L's doctor, she prefers to use a natural product like that for teething rather than paracetamol. He sleeps like a log when we give him it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

camilia is whats in the teetha sachets. My pharmacist advised to use belladona when actively teething - big red cheeks. Havent got to that stage yet, will see if it works when the time comes. if not, nurofen here we come!:D

camilia is whats in the teetha sachets. My pharmacist advised to use belladona when actively teething - big red cheeks. Havent got to that stage yet, will see if it works when the time comes. if not, nurofen here we come!:D
    I can't get teetha here but any teetha is granules isn't it? The Camilia is liquid, I find it very easy to give to L! Never heard of Belladonna for teething, I thought that was a poison!!! :eek:

I never heard of belladonna for teething either. I heard that chamomile 30oc, 200 is very good but you need a pharmacy like Nelsons to make it up and there are none left in Dublin. It would be similar to teetha but much stronger.

I never heard of belladonna for teething either. I heard that chamomile 30oc, 200 is very good but you need a pharmacy like Nelsons to make it up and there are none left in Dublin. It would be similar to teetha but much stronger.
    The Chalmomile in Camilia is Chamomilla vulgaris 9 CH 333,3mg. No lactose in it either. They aren't selling it in the Republic yet but I think Boiron are starting to market it in the UK, so maybe ye'll be able to get it in the north?

I'll definitely look that up for when this little one starts teething. My son started around 10 weeks but didn't get his first tooth until 11 months so it was a long journey! Hopefully it won't be so bad this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭odddavey

I can't get teetha here but any teetha is granules isn't it? The Camilia is liquid, I find it very easy to give to L! Never heard of Belladonna for teething, I thought that was a poison!!! :eek:

No the wife picked up some Teetha gel, dd loves it and she's only 18 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

jeez, i wont be using that so!:eek:. Didnt know it was poison, will look into it. I got teetha jel and the sachets in local supermarket.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I preferred the teetha gel to bonjela, as it is sugar free apparently. I smear it along these teethers (got them in Dunnes) and he happily gnawed on them.

His tended to come up in clusters, he got 6 teeth in a scatter of weeks then nothing for 6 months, now a new one has erupted so more probably on the way.

Advertisement