Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survarium (PC)

Options
  • 14-05-2013 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

There were a few threads talking about the demise of STALKER 2 and the subsequent birth of Survarium, but I thought it deserved it's own thread given how many of us are keeping a close eye on it.

Anyway, for those who don't know what it is, here's a blurb from the game's website;
    Survarium is a free2play MMOFPS game set in the near future. The game focuses on the aftermath of a massive ecological catastrophe on Earth, the reasons behind which are only vaguely known.

Impassable woods advance onto cities from every side, as maddened animals and birds attack industrial complexes, military structures, warehouses and power-plants. Strange plants and mushrooms grow through concrete and steel. Scientists all over the world haplessly try to cope with the anomaly expanding with terrifying speed across the planet. Countries collapse; anarchy spreads throughout the world. Now force dictates who can survive.

The game is developed with new proprietary Vostok Engine technology and is planned for release on PC by the end of 2013.

PC Gamer has some info (including a couple of screenshots), on the newly opened Alpha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Signed up to the Alpha Testing there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Signed up to the Alpha Testing there

Keep us posted :D

Keep us posted :D

If I get in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

got my beta test today and you can definitely see the Stalker influences but so far it plays like any other COD like MP game

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Skerries wrote: »
    got my beta test today and you can definitely see the Stalker influences but so far it plays like any other COD like MP game

I thought I was survival type game? Not arena shooter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well it's a F2P so I presume it's only MP as it has a disabled premium section
    funnily enough I have been playing it all day since so that is a good thing, it is more tactical than most other MP games so not really a run and gun

Skerries wrote: »
    well it's a F2P so I presume it's only MP as it has a disabled premium section
    funnily enough I have been playing it all day since so that is a good thing, it is more tactical than most other MP games so not really a run and gun

Is it actually wasteland open world type game or 2 teams shooting the loving **** out of each other?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it has pve or pvp iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Signed up 11 months ago and still no beta key.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

See here for a live lottery of beta tickets.

• Advertisement

Jet Black wrote: »
    Signed up 11 months ago and still no beta key.

Yeah same here, I'm doing the live lottery as well but still no luck :(

Received my beta invite code so will be trying this over the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just tried my luck there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Got mine last week, downloaded and couldn't get into a game. Might give it another go tonight.

Gave it a go there.

Liked what I saw so far. It feels very much like Red Orchestra but with S.T.A.L.K.E.R theme to it, you can die really easily if shot in the right place.

Plenty of weapons and armor/clothing to buy once you earn the cash. Weapons feel meaty and generally the aiming/hitboxes seem spot on so far.

Maps seem very open with multiple paths, buildings to go into etc. Vegetation is quite flush allowing good sneaking/camo potential.

Obviously because it's Beta and no full optimization there was a bit of lag at times.

I'll definitely be playing it a far bit once it's fully released.

So it is just a shooter so, but with Stalker smell on it? Not something like DayZ?

So it is just a shooter so, but with Stalker smell on it? Not something like DayZ?

Yeah it's pretty much a shooter, Team Deathmatch/Capture the base type of thing on a single map. It's paced much like Red Orchestra so it's a little more slower paced rather than twitched based shooter.

Now there's supposed to be a Free-Game mode of some sort down the line but I don't know how free roaming it will be.

But to put it simply, in terms of the beta, it's more of a shooter rather than a Multiplayer S.T.A.L.K.E.R than what you're used to.

Also to note, there are some RPG type aspects of the game. You can upgrade skills/traits in certain areas when you level up. E.g being able to carry more, better hip fire accuracy etc. Also note to mention as I previously said you can get variant types of weapons and armor so your guy can be unique rather than a set class.

Anyone who got a beta key still playing this? Been playing a good chunk of it over the weekend. Really starting to grow on me.

If no one knows, in the game you can do missions relating to different factions. There are 4 factions overall, you can only do missions for two factions at first - Scavengers & The Black Market.

Leveling up within a faction gives you access to faction specific gear. The Scavengers seem to be more geared towards artifact retrieval (environmental armor unlocks), healing (bandages) and their weapons seem to be more long range specific (more rifles/sniper rifles unlocks down the line).

The Black Market are more geared towards inflicting damage, their weapon unlocks are more towards high power short/medium range weapons such as revolvers, sawn off shotguns, assault rifles and their tools include traps instead of healing. They don't have access to environmental gear early on compared to the scavengers.

The missions generally include stuff like "Win battle with more kills than deaths" etc but you have to dress specifically aligned to the faction you want to do the missions for. Completing a mission increases your XP towards levelling in the faction which unlocks more weapons, armor and gear.

It is confirmed there will be a free-mode but it's at the last priority on the list (so sometime in 2015).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got a beta key for this and have played a few games. Gotta admit, I'm enjoying it a lot. It makes a great change to not see the enemies on your radar, you actually have to listen out for gunfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was enjoying this game a lot, but once I reached a level where I could get a sniper rifle, pretty much 90% of the players in matches now are just snipers, and frankly it's kinda killing the game for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Here, as soon as you can, buy the TOZ-122. It's stats are only marginally better than the Mosin but with it's better sights and faster reload it's much more usable. I was hesitant to drop 9000 on a gun for such little gain, but it is totally worth it.
    Combine with the sawnoff shotgun and you are getting 3 and 4-man killstreaks.

Yep was doing the TOZ + Sawn-Off combo myself, the Sawn-Off reloads exceptionally fast.

Advertisement