Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 910xt power button not working

Options
  • 14-05-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

The on/off power button on my Garmin 910xt has been a bit problematic in the last week to a point now I can't turn it on or off. I can get around turning it on by plugging it into the charger but can't turn it off so have to keep charging it. Not ideal but everything else on the watch works fine. I've done the following but still the same issue
    Loaded latest firmware 2.70
    Deleted all history data on the watch.
    Did a master reset.

I bought the watch online just over a year ago (14 months). I assume its out of warranty over a year? Anybody have this problem or do you reckon I can get anywhere if I contact Garmin support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

They may offer you a refurbished one at little or no cost. Lords knows they have enough of them.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Q7 wrote: »
    The on/off power button on my Garmin 910xt has been a bit problematic in the last week to a point now I can't turn it on or off. I can get around turning it on by plugging it into the charger but can't turn it off so have to keep charging it. Not ideal but everything else on the watch works fine. I've done the following but still the same issue
    Loaded latest firmware 2.70
    Deleted all history data on the watch.
    Did a master reset.

I bought the watch online just over a year ago (14 months). I assume its out of warranty over a year? Anybody have this problem or do you reckon I can get anywhere if I contact Garmin support.
    Where did you buy? They are your first point of contact. Irish and EU consumer law give you stronger protection than the warranty, (which is additional to your consumer rights) based on the reasonable lifetime of the product. EU is two years afaik, Irish law could be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Q7

Oryx wrote: »
    Where did you buy?
    Bought on wiggle.co.uk - so is my best bet to go back to them first before contacting Garmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Q7 wrote: »
    Bought on wiggle.co.uk - so is my best bet to go back to them first before contacting Garmin?

Garmin will fob you off, make you pay for postage and send you a dodgy old refurb with a 90 day warranty.

Wiggle will refund your postage, send you a dodgy new one with a longer warranty.

You contract is with the retailer NOT the manufacturer. Garmin like to route everything through them so they can control whats a bug and whats a feature.

End of the day there is a reason the 910xt is rumoured to be being phased out of the product line.

Advertisement