Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

bpb101 wrote: »
    what was the last thing that happened?

Zanetakos said Red was responsible for the boston incident absolving Tom of the blame. Its getting slighty better (middle of 7th episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Raf32 wrote: »
    Zanetakos said Red was responsible for the boston incident absolving Tom of the blame. Its getting slighty better (middle of 7th episode)
    Id say give it a while more. things heat up towards the end of the season. can be heard to follow. There is like most show the criminal of the week. Like in all shows you have to get pass that

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the only reason I watch it now is it has some great guest stars who on their day can ham it up to the best with Spader and that is just fun to watch.

Never did get the great Alda/Spader face off I was hoping for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Right, watched the first six episodes of this and dont find it remotely interesting. Does it get any better? Worth continuing?

Hang around until episode 9/10 when Anslo Garrick appears. It's a two-parter set in the FBI place, I thought it was quite good. (show goes waaaaay downhill after)
    As mentioned above, the Alan Alda stuff goes nowhere and in the current episodes they are trying to revive the shadowy government conspiracy storyline.

Any guesses on the number of times there's an episode where Red says "be careful on this one Lizzie"?

• Advertisement

Caught up and wished I hadn't. Rubbish episode.

Caught up and wished I hadn't. Rubbish episode.

I might be very late to this but I think James Spader went in knowing it would be poor and so he is hamming it up something fierce a la Alan Rickman.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I only discovered this show a few weeks ago and now addicted:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I only discovered this show a few weeks ago and now addicted:)

I'm in the same boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Has no-one copped that Red is her dad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Smidge wrote: »

He did deny this to her, and also told her he would never lie to her.

Jesus.
    You just broke the Internet

To be serious though
    We don't know. There are hints that lead to that conclusion but also thing that say he not

Take the burning building. Red came to liz house in the middle of the night for that thing. But he didn't give it to liz as he would have known where she put it.
    So it's lightly her father gave it to her.
    Maybe he is the birth father but didn't raise her
    We don't know ,

anyone not like the Red character? Not a big fan of Spader and think he over acts the majority of the time. Probably just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He has a great voice. Probably why Joss chose him to play Ultron in the new Avengers movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

anyone not like the Red character? Not a big fan of Spader and think he over acts the majority of the time. Probably just me.

It's his overacting that makes me love him. The concierge of crime would be expected to be boisterous. And then his downplayed real moments with lizzy are just pure gold.

No doubt my favourite show of the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Berlin is clearly Liz's dad :o

Berlin is clearly Liz's dad :o
    didnt pick that up:eek:
    You think

didnt pick that up:eek:
    You think
    Maybe - it's about as likely as Red being her dad though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Maybe - it's about as likely as Red being her dad though.
    I don't think Berlin because of the earlier episodes about Berlin's daughter; I could see Red being the sperm donor father (love affair and/or never told if she was really his or not) or best friend of the god father or "promised to always protect your daughter" kind of deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

id say red is her father, it will eventually come out and he'll say that it was the only lie he told her and that it was only to protect her,

but then again if red was her father then shouldn't he have known that the fulcrum item was in the teddy,

there is more evidence to say red isnt her father, but somehow they can also still have us believing that he could be,

also i think red is still working for the military and has an order to to take down all these blacklisters he was probably given the orders 20 years ago, and it has taken him this long to build the list he has put together and now he is working with liz to tick them off one at a time, he probably doesnt have to abide by orders and regulations to do this particular job, just my theory anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Excellent episode this week, the time flew! I have no doubts as to the caliber of acting that Spader has, he suits this role perfectly, and he has the ability to also act with his eyes. That scene with
    the Major in the cafe
    got rid of any (small) doubts i had about him in that role.

Really looking forward to the last few episodes of the season, and can't wait to find out the truth!

Jesus.
    You just broke the Internet

To be serious though
    We don't know. There are hints that lead to that conclusion but also thing that say he not

Take the burning building. Red came to liz house in the middle of the night for that thing. But he didn't give it to liz as he would have known where she put it.
    So it's lightly her father gave it to her.
    Maybe he is the birth father but didn't raise her
    We don't know ,

One of the most tedious subplots of a major show since I don't know when.

I haven't watched the last few episodes. The last I saw involved Red and the DMV guy going to Russia to get Alan Fitch's safe. It was an OK episode but the interactions between Red and Liz are cringeworthy. Liz stands her ground against Red but nonetheless takes his tip and then we cut to their secret FBI lair with her enthusiastically delivering dry exposition about some baddie. Snooze.

Gotta love a clip show. :P

odd that there was someone dictating when liz was talking to the judge, this is black book stuff, no way would it be allowed see the light of day in a classified back site file, never mind a judges dictated notes, some things on this show drive me nuts, simply idiotic,

but anyway, the way the judge was pushing liz for answers to questions that are nowhere near relevant to what shes accused of seems very suspicious, he was noting down a path on his pad, connections and what not, is his name on the fulcrum, is he part of that organisation red is holding off, or is he working on behalf of red, or the major in some way, getting info out of liz,

There are two possible answers to your question on why the Judge was asking about stuff that had nothing to do with the murder of the cop.

The first answer is because its a clip episode, and he needs to ask questions so they can show their clips.

The second answer is that he's some evildoer on somebody's payroll or the typist is.

It's probably both. They need to show the clips, so the judge asks impertinent questions and they make it part of the story that hes a bad guy to make it easier to swallow.

Kirby wrote: »
    There are two possible answers to your question on why the Judge was asking about stuff that had nothing to do with the murder of the cop.

The first answer is because its a clip episode, and he needs to ask questions so they can show their clips.

The second answer is that he's some evildoer on somebody's payroll or the typist is.

It's probably both. They need to show the clips, so the judge asks impertinent questions and they make it part of the story that hes a bad guy to make it easier to swallow.

yeah the judge fair enough, but this is extremely classified information that even the president wouldnt know about, unless he asks about it, no way would the conversation be dictated,

The judge thing is a totally unrealistic plot device to create a false fear of exposure for Liz, to keep her out of the way for a few episodes (since she really is the weakest link in this show) and to bring back Tom.

The judge thing is a totally unrealistic plot device to create a false fear of exposure for Liz, to keep her out of the way for a few episodes (since she really is the weakest link in this show) and to bring back Tom.
    and then it got totally shut down this week, i mean it ridiculous, shouldnt cooper or his buddy have said something like "under no circumstances are you to talk to that judge, he has no authority to talk to federal agents",

maybe their playing some kind of long game with the judge, maybe he was allowed interview them, seeing as he such an advocate of disclosure maybe they want to get him onside instead of him shouting from down below, and causing problems, if thats the case then id expect to see him again at some point,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Well that was interesting shall we say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Boring episode, great ending.

Advertisement