Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

She's definitely not dead, they wouldn't kill her off with the whole having to meet her mother still up in the air. I'd imagine, like others have said, it's a way to write her out until she pops in real life. It will also have a knock on effect for Solomon and Liz's mother, which will probably be a few episodes to lead up to the eventual meeting between Liz and mammy. Great acting all round for the "death" though. Spader is a phenomenal actor, not just because of this episode, but because he's so perfect in the role. It's like the role was written for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Interesting follow up episode.

Kind of guessed straight away Red was imagining her to deal with his guilt & grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Certainly the strangest episode of the show to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dafuq was that recent episode about? I had assumed the previous one was the season finale but Red on a beach talking to himself was pure filler. The XFiles used to do season fillers like that but it'd be in the middle of a season or something.

So when is the season finale actually going to be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ageyev wrote: »
    Dafuq was that recent episode about? I had assumed the previous one was the season finale but Red on a beach talking to himself was pure filler. The XFiles used to do season fillers like that but it'd be in the middle of a season or something.

So when is the season finale actually going to be?
    It was to show how he met her mother and show the monologue of him dealing with the choices he made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

id say that more of less confirms that lizs mother is dead, and that it wasnt her mother that was coming for her, it also shows that even after liz killed her father as a child she still wasnt with her mother, id say the events after her mothers death is what lead to red taking an interest in lizs life, and removing her from whoever was hold her as a child,

shes probably a heir to something her parents owned or ran, and red took the interest to guide liz to her full potential so that she could take over some kind of organisation that her parents ran or whatever, and id say there are people that have become aware of liz, and maybe think red is not the right person to guide her, so tried taking her away from him, or capture and kill her,

liz (as i and most think) isnt dead, id say shes gone off to find out whoever is it that is/was coming for her, she thinks its her mother, but i think episode more of less confirms that it is not her mother, i said earlier that itll probably be mid season next year that shell suddenly reappear,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Who's to say Liz's mother's dead, maybe Red saved her in the literal sense of looking after Liz?
    & maybe Mr Kaplan, Tom & Katalina Rostova have more in common & probably will unfold in future ep's? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Who's to say Liz's mother's dead, maybe Red saved her in the literal sense of looking after Liz?
    & maybe Mr Kaplan, Tom & Katalina Rostova have more in common & probably will unfold in future ep's? ;)
    well i think that episode was a complete waste so, cause the main thing i took from it was her death, thats why red went to cape may after lizs apparent death, cause thats where her mother died,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Kind of guessed straight away Red was imagining her to deal with his guilt & grief.
    I have to say: I hated it. It was phoned in and hammy; the big reveal vis-a-vis the woman was so obvious from the beginning, the fact that they even bothered with the flashbacks at the end was almost insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Didn't enjoy that episode at all. Moving on quickly...

• Advertisement

The great Brian Dennehy as Liz's grandfather is a super addition to the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another episode IMO that had pacing problems, but certainly an improvement on the beach episode.

The great Brian Dennehy as Liz's grandfather is a super addition to the cast.

I did a little fist bump!

Latest episode was quite good. Famke Jansen is a great baddie.

Looks like Famke Janssen is staying on for a bit which can only be a good thing.

Liz's full time replacement I wonder after that reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like Famke Janssen is staying on for a bit which can only be a good thing.

Liz's full time replacement I wonder after that reveal.

Yeah didn't see that reveal coming at all. This episode also worked as a good back door pilot for the spinoff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Very impressed with that episode!

Mr E wrote: »
    Rumoured for a while but now official. NBC have ordered Blacklist: Redemption, a spin-off with Famke Janssen and Ryan Eggold.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-blacklist-spinoff-ordered-nbc-famke-janssen-1201774255/

Visit the link for more, but beware that it has a big spoiler from Thursdays episode of The Blacklist if you haven't seen it.

Great news

Mr Kaplan :D

And Wow great twist for the ending of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The episode was weak, but the last 15 minutes made up for it.

Looks like Ulrich Thomsen will be hanging around for a while longer too (which is fine by me!)

• Advertisement

Ah, i knew she wasn't a goner ;)

'What am i going to do with you Katherine' I nearly thought she was!

Looks like no-one dies & fakes their deaths in this show, must run in the family, but great twist for next season :p

Mr Kaplan :D

And Wow great twist for the ending of the season.

There was a Blacklist episode review podcast that I used to listen to around the end of series 1 and into series 2. They had speculated that Red was Liz's mother and Mr Kaplan was her father and they both had sex changes. I guess it didn't quite turn out that way. I'm a bit fed up of the persistent [url=
    http://www.janeespenson.com/archives/00000230.php]'schmuck bait'[/url] in this show and while the third was better than the second series, this finale was a bit meh imo.

I enjoyed the opening episode and it sets up the early part of the season going forward well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah, I was bored. It didn't hook me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Mr. Kaplan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Mr. Kaplan :(

Alive and well I'd say

Alive and well I'd say

Was that her making a little fist-bump on realising he missed :confused:;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nice to see the cast of Banshee are being kept in work :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This season appears to have more plot twists than all previous seasons combined... Also did anyone else take it as
    the scientist was taken by Reddington to complete the cure to trade for Elizabeth in case she got taken again / to be sold for his fortune/pour it out in front of him as a final middle finger salute from his dead wife?

Advertisement