Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Only on Sky's pace and really enjoying this season! Mr Kaplan ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This season has been really good so far. Thursday's episode (in the States) seemed like the end of a chapter though. It'll be interesting to see what they do next. Probably setting up Tom's spin-off show.

Love Mr Kaplan's side-story too...

Finished until January 5th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And it's back with some interesting twists, however ever since I read the crazy fan theory that
    Red is the mother
    I just have to laugh every time I see Red.

But otherwise another episode showing how much influence Red has and how Liz is struggling to maintain a normal life for her child.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It returns on Sky 1 not Sky Living this coming Wednesday at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Did anyone else not really understand the income inequality storyline shoehorned into the most recent episode? I'm all for it in real life, but it seemed to be really out of left field for the show.

Also, dumbest MOTW that I can recall the show doing thus far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,528 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A fine double episode return setting up the run down to the finale.

Also nice to get Mr Kaplan's origin story that links everything.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That was really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Mr. Kaplan's back and then some! Such an interesting episode.

Also....Skinny Pete! :pac:

Requiem was a great 42 minutes of TV. I loved the back story for Kate (and the origin of Mr Kaplan). Felt like a massive payoff/reward for fans of the show, and the full circle scene that took place before the very first episode put a smile on my face.

It can't end well for Kate, but it'll be fun to see what dominos fall before the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

As much as I liked the backstory for Kate; it feels implausible that Kate wouldn't have told Liz about that last season when the Russian arc was happening?

• Advertisement

Renewed for a 5th season.

That was a really well worked episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for a 5th season.

Tom back as series regular since Redemption cancelled

As finales go, it was a bit of a limp, muddled mess.

I did enjoy the last 10 minutes though (the bridge, the Liz/Harold and Liz/Red conversations, and Tom's suitcase scene).

We finally know the answer to the question that has always lingered from episode 1 too. Kind of hinted at Liz moving to the dark side too.

I'm going to miss Mr Kaplan - Susan Blommaert was almost out-stealing every scene from Spader.

Season 5 will be a bit of a reset, and will be all the better for it.

Great season overall - probably the best since season 1.

Ok, so it's fair to say the DNA test was supposed to prove that Red was Liz's dad, but in the conversation between Red and Dembe, Dembe asks Red if he put her straight or something to that effect. This is clearly meant to imply that Red isn't, in fact, her father at all.

Anyone think that crazy fan theory is correct after all? Could Raymond actually be Katarina?? Before Mr. Kaplan jumped to her death (RIP :(), she says to Red that she loved him - in flashbacks, it was revealed that Mr Kaplan is gay and implied that she was devoted to Katarina. Do the bones in the suitcase actually belong to the real Raymond Reddington and not Katarina at all? I know it's a huge leap, but Red being Liz's dad would be a too much of an anti climax I think. The secret goes deeper than that.

On another note, Liz's choices have become quite baffling this season. Her getting out of Mr. Kaplan's car stumped me - she's spent all these seasons searching for the truth and just as she was offered the means to discover it from someone she could actually trust, she bailed. Why? Didn't make any sense.

Anyway, that's that and we'll have to wait to see if any of these secrets are answered next season. We also have the return of Tom; who it seems shares Mr. Kaplan's trust and desire to uncover the truth.

I also felt bad for Ressler there at the end. The one idealist out of the lot turning to a cleaner to mop up his own crime. Still, nice enough end for Hitchen (even though I loved Lahti's character).

Ye the last 10 minutes were good fun and set up next season also a good way to bring Tom back in.

Also have to agree anyone that can go toe to toe with Spader will be greatly missed.

Hopefully Mr Kaplan will return in some flashbacks.

Ok, so it's fair to say the DNA test was supposed to prove that Red was Liz's dad, but in the conversation between Red and Dembe, Dembe asks Red if he put her straight or something to that effect. This is clearly meant to imply that Red isn't, in fact, her father at all.

No, Liz thinks that Red/Kaplan's big secret is about Red. Red and Dembe said that it wasn't the main secret at all (the skeleton is). I think Red is still her father.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr E wrote: »
    No, Liz thinks that Red/Kaplan's big secret is about Red. Red and Dembe said that it wasn't the main secret at all (the skeleton is). I think Red is still her father.

I agree with this.

Good season, enjoyed the finale, and Aram finally getting to grips with Agent Navabi.

Didn't like Tom reappearing from babysitting duties, who's watching the wain?

Back on Wednesday in the States.

That was fun opening episode.

Nice bonding :) between Red & Liz.

• Advertisement

Yeah I liked it too.

Great version of Don't You Forget About Me at the end too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

The last scene with Red and Dembe storming the apartment is that a flashback from the spinoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

sioda wrote:
    The last scene with Red and Dembe storming the apartment is that a flashback from the spinoff?

Dont think so, least I dont remember it!

sioda wrote: »

No that was a flash forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

That was fun opening episode.

Nice bonding :) between Red & Liz.

Bail bondsman, buses and cars (but unfortunately no train) - I was feeling a distinct Midnight Run vibe. :)

Loving the new adventures of Red & Liz another fun episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This episode (season 5, episode 8); that music and story of the last 10 min was epic to say the least... and the where the story goes now...

Totally agree that last 10 minutes was truly epic.

Oh God, I'm in bits after watching that.

The producers really know how to use music for effect - that version of 'Sound of Silence' was devastatingly good.

I'll miss Tom a lot :(

• Advertisement

Just watched it. Wow.

Any chance that it's a bluff?

Advertisement