Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was fantastic and a great set up for next season.

This show has been great at reinventing itself every season.

Also great John Waters cameo as himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Mr E wrote: »
    I had a big smile on my place for the last 10 minutes.
    I think I knew all along who was in the duffel - it's the only answer that makes sense.

Next season will be different (again) :)

The Blacklist Exposed podcast theorised from series 1 that Red wasn't who he claimed to be or was portrayed as. It seems very drawn out that it's come to series 5 to get to this point. Am looking forward to the next series all the same.

Season 6 starts on January 4th with a two hour opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Season 6 starts on January 4th with a two hour opener.

Ah that’s ages away, isn’t it normally on this time of year ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ah that’s ages away, isn’t it normally on this time of year ?
    Yes - all previous seasons have been last week Sept / first week Oct through May. It's critically well received, but ratings have slipped over the seasons. It has been moved into the Friday death slot as well, with NBC doing three (!!) hours of the Chicago shows on Wednesdays. I'd imagine season 6 will be the last.

I think it’s about right to finish at season six
    The spin off only managed one season and I didn’t think it was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think it’s about right to finish at season six
    The spin off only managed one season and I didn’t think it was that bad

what was the spin-off?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

what was the spin-off?
    A Tom spin off working with some of the other rogue members; it could gone longer imo but with killing Tom of in the main series I could see why it was not extended.

I also think season 6 (with the reveal at end of season 5 that been on since season 1) can be a nice wrap up of the series. I'd love to see more obviously but I don't want it to simply drag on ala Simpson and rather see it go with a bang so to speak. Hence one maybe two seasons is what I'd guess for depending on how quickly they push the overall meta plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

The powers that be were so unhappy with the spin-off that they brought the lead actor back to main series just so they could kill him off.

• Advertisement

Season 6 will now start with two night opener and the premiere episode will air a day earlier on the 3rd and episode 2 will be on the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

So did they capture or kill everyone on the blacklikst? I tried to keep track of the #'s in the beginning of each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So did they capture or kill everyone on the blacklikst? I tried to keep track of the #'s in the beginning of each episode.
    Of course it's potentially unending, but apparently we haven't even finished off the top 10 yet:

http://the-blacklist.wikia.com/wiki/The_Blacklist

Mr Kaplan was number 4;
    Tom Keen was number 7;
    Berlin was number 8;
    Dembe is number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great opening episode. The bank heist was well done. :)

I have a feeling that
    James Spader will be playing a second character this season

The second episode was last night.... Such a great setup for the season.
    I think it's going to be a good one.

Yup really enjoyed both those episodes and the set up for the season.

Lambert really has destroyed himself with plastic surgery.

I wonder will he be a recurring character.

Something about he sister I;m not sure about.

I think the sister will be the fall guy for Red going to prison and Liz will get away with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    I think the sister will be the fall guy for Red going to prison and Liz will get away with it.
    Hmm; I don't think so simply because he will not kill his "daughter" but will instead ask why and/or Liz will admit it as he's about to kill/torture the sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I haven't watched since this the end of season 4 I think it was..worth getting back into it?

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I haven't watched since this the end of season 4 I think it was..worth getting back into it?
    Season 5 was strong; season 6 looks like it will be a banger going out on a strong point (last season) so I'd say yes but I'm biased by loving the series and season 5/6 is really digging into the questions from season 1 to answer them.

Just on episode 2 now and oh how I’ve missed this, it really is a great series

I can’t beleive cooper lied in court for Redington in court

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can’t beleive cooper lied in court for Redington in court

Did he though? He said he had no DIRECT knowledge. Was he present when reddington committed any crimes?

Did he though? He said he had no DIRECT knowledge. Was he present when reddington committed any crimes?

I think he worded it very well
    How will prison go for red I wonder ? Surely the gun charge will be more complicated to get thrown out than it seems to be outlined so far

Loved that episode. A little bit Shawshank-esque the way Red starts at the bottom and gains respect. I hope he is in prison for a few more episodes.

The pawnbrokers were great characters too.

Enjoying this season!

Bugs! shivers.

Yeah, stuff of nightmares. :)

The scenes with Red and Glen were wonderful. Glen should be in the show more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Mr E wrote:
    The scenes with Red and Glen were wonderful. Glen should be in the show more often.

True, love seeing him in episodes but is it just me or was his voice different in that episode?

• Advertisement

Two great episodes this week that have moved on the story and the second episode was really good and the mystery partly solved and yet deepens.

Advertisement