Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

When he tells her that her father died in the fire it could be a star wars moment, the man he was died, Red is what was left in his place. I did think that Berlin could be her father because of the story about his little girl, the problem with that is that Red doesn't know why Berlin is after him. If lizzy was the daughter Red would have no doubt about why and who was attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

But she asked him straight out (half way through the season) - "Are you my father?" and he said no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    But she asked him straight out (half way through the season) - "Are you my father?" and he said no.
    But he also changed tune on other subjects
    such as killing her adopted father
    through out the season so I'm still quite firmly in the
    she's her daughter camp; it's sort of been the premise from the start and insisting on only working with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,529 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The way this show goes I wouldn't be surprised if
    Alan Alda
    turned out to be her father.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I can see them dragging this out for a long time. I keep going back and forth on it. I wouldn't be surprised if
    the whole "Your father died in that fire." is an Anakin/Vadar type death. He did say in the car that she could never know the identity of her real father. Which might explain him telling her earlier in the season that it wasn't him. But who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The writers probably aren't too sure about her parentage.
    If the show was cancelled mid-season they'd probably have wrapped it up with Spader being dad.
    But now they have at least one more season to toy with it.

Don't know why I spoilered that but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Enjoyed that finale & well worth the wait. Yeah im in that camp on where her father died in the father & its just enough to
    give her suttle hints is enough for her to go on
    , also 'Berlin' already mentioned the part on where he brought Red out in the open by exposing his weakness
    on his 'daughter' Elizabeth Keen
    Peter Stormare will no doubt be a badass, as watching Fargo this week reminded me of him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

Good episode! I'm curious about Lizzy's father myself but I think it might be a stick to beat us with for a while. I'm not certain we're going to find out for a while and it looks like a bit of a maguffin for now to be honest.

The plane crash at the beginning was actually quite creepy looking I thought. It realy set the episode up. I like this series overall so I'm looking forward to Season 2. It's a welcome addition to my schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Tom is back next season

I am thinking Berlin's daughter is Liz's mother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Assuming she was a teenager when kidnapped that could be a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just wondering is this just another mainstream network procedural? I have it in my line up to watch, mainly because I love James Spader, worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

But Berlins daughter was murdered and sent back to him in pieces, I assumed she would have been quite young as well so it's hard to see how that could be, could Red have been responsible for her death?

I love the transformation in Tom, he went from being super good to a stone cold killer who would put a bullet in anyone who gets in his way.

Looks like he is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Just wondering is this just another mainstream network procedural? I have it in my line up to watch, mainly because I love James Spader, worth a watch?

The first few episodes are a bit run of the mill but half way through the action really cranks up a gear.

Worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The first few episodes are a bit run of the mill but half way through the action really cranks up a gear.

Worth watching.

Thanks might give it a go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'm wondering if Red is telling the truth in that
    her father did die in the fire, but that Red was the one who pulled her out - would explain the scars - and maybe he didn't tell her after she said that her only memory of her father was him saving her, i.e., Red didn't want to take that memory (although wrong) away from her

Don't know if that needs tags - but included to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm wondering if Red is telling the truth in that
    her father did die in the fire, but that Red was the one who pulled her out - would explain the scars - and maybe he didn't tell her after she said that her only memory of her father was him saving her, i.e., Red didn't want to take that memory (although wrong) away from her

Don't know if that needs tags - but included to be safe

Yeah it's either that or a total Star Wars ripoff; Darth Vader the fire killed your father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

I think I will cease watching this the end of season one. Its too formulaic . Would be surprised if it made it past season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 86,083 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Krysten Ritter and Mary-Louise Parker join for Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first 7 - 8 episodes over the last few weeks and really enjoyed it.. think I'll finish season 1 and take it on next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just finished the first season.. absolutely loved it!

Never was really a big fan of James Spader but he's just incredible in this.. cool and reserved one minute, then knee-capping someone the next without blinking.

The rest of the cast I could give or take.. particularly Diego Klattenhoff as Ressler who is just incredibly wooden.

But it's a great show.. looking forward to more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Basq wrote: »
    Just finished the first season.. absolutely loved it!

Never was really a big fan of James Spader but he's just incredible in this.. cool and reserved one minute, then knee-capping someone the next without blinking.

The rest of the cast I could give or take.. particularly Diego Klattenhoff as Ressler who is just incredibly wooden.

But it's a great show.. looking forward to more!

Two words: Boston Legal.

James Spader at his very best. :)

'The Blacklist' NBC: Red's Baundaries Are 'Never Safe', James Spader Teases Big Changes For Season 2
    SPADER: We’re finding our way. I think people will see this season is different because we’re able to play with things that make a better show, like story and character. We’re not building a foundation anymore, which is what we spent last year doing. There are a lot of changes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Have Sky box set to record this series. I have episodes 6, 7 and 8 to watch but just noticed that the next one up to record is episode 13. Is there some reason not to show the intervening episodes? Given that we learn something about Red every week I imagine that missing four will leave a serious gap in the story line

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

No disrespect to you Freudian but that was a crap article. It sounds to me like hype and that they'll largely continue where they left off. I'd have thought it was inevitable that Lizzie would want someone to keep her warm at night now that fake hubbie is out of the picture. Also, did anyone not proof read the article? Baunderies? I thought it was a mis-type by Freudian but damn if it's not there on the article!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Just started watching the show a few weeks ago and though the first couple episodes where meh after episode 8/9 it seemed to pick up a lot! James Spader really makes it. I love the really odd storied he starts telling people before he kills/tortures them! Tom was quite good too the way he shifted from good guy to cold killer. However, the biggest problem with the show for me is how predictable the storylines are which lessens the interest. For next season I expect Lizzie and Agent Ressler to become involved with each other which I really hope they don't because that's just so painfully predictable!

Oh love Dembe too! :D Hope his characters gets more air time and more lines! :)

Advertisement