Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low cost spay and neuter galway

• 14-05-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi does anyone know where I can get my Cat neutured at a low cost. She is currently in heat for the first time and want to get her fixed. I am on social welfare so it's hard to get the money together. I asked in the vets in renmore and they charge 95€ and won't let me pay in installments. Anyone know any place cheaper the poor Cat is losing her voice from howling. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

afaik you will have to wait until the heat has finished before the vets can get her spayed- though may be different with cats but our dog went into heat and vets would not neuter her until she was finished

• Registered Users Posts: 30 xxtrazaxx

fifib wrote: »
    afaik you will have to wait until the heat has finished before the vets can get her spayed- though may be different with cats but our dog went into heat and vets would not neuter her until she was finished

ya I know I have to wait, she's been in heat for almost a week now so hopefully it will end soon, just want to know where I can get her neutured for when the heat is over.

Do you know of anything that can calm her down in the mean time.? Thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It might be worth asking on the Facebook page for Galway cat rescue. They are a group that help strays and ferals in Galway and they might be able to recommend a vet. I know there is something you can get to calm her down as my hairdresser mentioned having gotten something from the vet for the same thing. I don't remember what it was called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Not sure of the cost of spaying a cat but i changed to a 'country vet' because the one i was going to was so expensive. He's in oughterard so i don't know if thats too far out for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think Briahill vets are about 70?
    Barna vets could be cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 xxtrazaxx

biko wrote: »
    I think Briahill vets are about 70?
    Barna vets could be cheaper too.

70€ isn't too bad, in renmore there charging 95€ which is a bit much. I was thinking of bringing the cat to my homeplace in Roscommon just have a problem with transport. Will enqui're in barna

Advertisement