Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICABS threaten FBD inurance.

Options
  • 10-05-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

From the ICABS website latest news page

FBD Insurance is being urged to stop providing coverage to those involved in some of Ireland's worst acts of cruelty to animals. An IFA Countryside/FBD Insurance package is providing cover to foxhunters, hare coursers and terriermen who are responsible for horrendous suffering and death to wildlife.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

How many people here use FBD for their shooting insurance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Shooting, car, and home for me.

Wonder how they would feel with tens of thousands of people pulling all three from FBD if they decide to act on ICABS' demands. I find a company will take the moral ground unless it affects profits.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Sparks wrote: »
    How many people here use FBD for their shooting insurance?

Shooting and car, a few bob there. I wonder where Shatter and co. have their insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

It seems the height of stupidity for an anti-fieldsports, anti-meat eating organisation to be appealing to fbd , farmer business developments. who after all cater to farmers who rear animals for slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Car and Shooting for me, if they won't support me I won't support them, simples...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Range insurance only.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Commercial vehicle insurance from me which I will not renew with FBD if the company bows to ICABS but given FBD's background it should be as likely as a vegan butchershop opening tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

More SH!T different day

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

I only use FBD for my car, farm and business.
    But as was said before, give them an inch and they take a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Jeep insurance only but ill be jumping ship if they entertain this at all but its not gonna happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SeeZee

Could someone post an email address for FBD and compose an email that we can copy and forward to them stating what business there's loose if they give into pressure from ICABS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

company.secretary@fbd.ie
    Andrew.Langford@fbd.ie
    info@fbd.ie

Thats the email addresses they are using. In fairness tho i cant see fbd giving a crap about these guys, they are too big and involved in country persuits and farming

Advertisement