Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockmills to live in?

• 14-05-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what lockmills is like to live in? I remember it used to be very nice to live in years ago, not sure if its the same now?
    It would be for an older person so I wouldn't want it full of students like grove island.
    Is it safe?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I lived there for about 16 months, with a wife and child, and I never felt worried about safety myself.

The two gates for letting cars have that locking system where you call on your phone to open them up, but they were broken about 30% of the time I'd say.

But there is still the security lock on the building doors as well, although one of them was broken for a while too. My memory od living there is it took a long time for that stuff to get fixed, and it was cold as **** in winter, although that was partly because we were in one of the 'end' apartments which had ceiling to floor windows with only blinds. Other apartments in the complex wouldn't be so cold I'd say.

Not many students at all, that I saw, or even many people acting the drunken/immature bollix.

But all this was 2 years ago, so things may have changed.

Advertisement