Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unresponsive screens

Options
  • 14-05-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Not that I suppose it is so important but mine is a Huawei 858 (Vodafone).

I have awful trouble with it doing what I want (I would bring it back on the guarantee except that I suspect that in the hands of a salesman it would work fine of course and he /she would say that I was doing something wrong).

For example if I bring up the Google search box and start to type it will work alright for the first few letters and then if I press the wrong letter the back delete key will as likely as not be very difficult to get and I will end up with a string of unwanted letters that I can only really delete by pressing the power button at best and restarting at worst.

More generally the "home" button is hit and miss (as is the "return" button.)
    At one time I deleted all the apps to return to factory settings but it didn't help much... (I have 3 or 4 added since then)

So has anyone any tips to get the best out of this kind of a phone ?(I don't expect it to be fantastic but it would be nice if it could do the simple things simply)

Do you need to clean the screen with a special product ? Anything obvious like that?

I don't areally use the phone for anything important except phone calls it is more messing about with the keyboard for the most part (it is a while since I used the texting and I don't remember too many problems in that regard).

Advertisement