Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

measuring cups

• 14-05-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

hi,i am changing over to taste of the wild dog food,i have ordered it of zooplus,i just want to know were u can get measuring cups for the food thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭markc1184

When my last one broke I just went into the local pet shop and asked could I buy one, they gave it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

and it has to be for taste of the wild

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zoundz

From their website:
    There are feeding guides on every package. It is important to remember that the amounts listed on the package are expressed in the number of 8 ounce measuring cups (a standard kitchen measuring cup, not the Big Gulp cup you found in your cabinet) to be fed per day. So, if it says 2 cups in the chart and you feed your dog twice daily, each meal should be 1 cup.

So you can measure 8 ounces presumably, or buy a measuring cup from a discount store or IKEA (they had them last time I was in!)

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

and it has to be for taste of the wild
    Why? Just measure out however many grams you want (presuming you know this) into any old plastic cup / jug / measuring implement and mark off where it comes up to with an indelible marker pen. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I couldn't get one anywhere for our cat food. In the end I bought a set of the metal measuring cups from the home wear section of Tesco and just use that large cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Alun wrote: »
    Why? Just measure out however many grams you want (presuming you know this) into any old plastic cup / jug / measuring implement and mark off where it comes up to with an indelible marker pen. Job done.

+1 thats what I always did in olden times when I fed dry - a nice sturdy Hills cup taken from the vets lol with a marker for the amount of non-Hills brand I was feeding :pac:
    TOTW measures in cup units though - you can get sets of measuring cups in Tescos or on Amazon etc - you usually get 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1 cup. I got great steel ones on Amazon for baking but one has been reassigned to measuring veg mix for BARF :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I use an electronic weighing scale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

falabo wrote: »

So do I.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

falabo wrote: »

+1 (though for barf, not dry)
    Measuring food using a weighing scales is recommended by veterinary obesity researchers, because it is the only way to be accurate in the long term. Their research suggests that using measuring cups can result in daily fluctuations of up to 20% in the amount of food given! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

That's interesting!

But then there is on the line, below the line and above the line... It's a thin line, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I saw a chart similar to this from Hills the other day in a vets clinic:

www.hillspet.com/weight-management/human-food-translator.html

It goes along the lines of:

"For a dog, a cookie or a piece of cheese may seem like a little treat, but it too is like a whole meal for dogs."

I think It is a bit like overfeeding on kibble. I mean I have often given my dogs a piece of cheese without ever thinking that I was overfeeding too. It never really crossed my mind in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I just got a standard kitchen one in tesco.. was around €2.50 but only goes to one cup so perfect for taste of the wild

Advertisement