Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing from an Ipad mini

• 14-05-2013 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

A mate has one of these but is having major trouble printing from it. Is there not a cable on the market that will connect the Ipad mini to the printer ? The electronic shops he has visited seem to think nothing is available. His printer isn't wireless so I guess it has to be a wired solution of some sort ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

There is no such cable for the ipad. If he has a desktop computer with wifi you can get an app to install on the PC and a corresponding one for the ipad that will allow you to print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just buy an AirPrint compatible printer. You can get one for the price of a cable if one did exist. Seriously AirPrint has actually made me buy a printer. I used to ****ing hate printers so much I wanted to throw them out the window, now I just give them a thud every now and again :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just buy an AirPrint compatible printer. You can get one for the price of a cable if one did exist. Seriously AirPrint has actually made me buy a printer. I used to ****ing hate printers so much I wanted to throw them out the window, now I just give them a thud every now and again :pac:

Which Airprint printer did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I have an HP3050a, good budget printer, don't expect anything special. You should be able to pick one up around €50. You will need a laptop/pc for the initial setup, but after that print directly from any ios device. Also does HP ePrint (you can email the printer from anywhere and it will print the document).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Seen the Lantronix xPrintserver get good mentions from some of the techsites Stateside
    http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/xprintserver/xprintserver.html

Pricey @ 80-90quid if you dont print that often, but if you've already forked out on a decent printer this is a great way of enabling AirPrint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no idea, it's a hp that's all i know, and even knowing the brand name is more than enough for me when it comes to printers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

He has a pretty decent Canon printer so doesn't want to replace it with an Airprint one.

Someone said to me that a wireless print server might achieve the same thing, they said you just connect them by USB to the printer and it makes it wireless. But I'm concerned about compatibility with Apple products, has anyone tried a wireless print server with their iPad / iPhone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

RATM wrote: »
    He has a pretty decent Canon printer so doesn't want to replace it with an Airprint one.

Someone said to me that a wireless print server might achieve the same thing, they said you just connect them by USB to the printer and it makes it wireless. But I'm concerned about compatibility with Apple products, has anyone tried a wireless print server with their iPad / iPhone ?

Lots of people are using the Rassberry pi for this, so much so there's pre-made images that just need to be flashed to an SD card and your printer set up via the web interface. The lantromics product above will do the same thing, but probably a little easier for someone to set up. But it is 3 times the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If you have a wi-fi printer, you should be able to use that. Download the app for whatever brand wi-fi printer you have and you can send jobs to the printer. I use a brother printer. The jobs get sent to the modem and then to the printer. Works great. Freaks the kids out sometimes when I print something from another room and they are watching TV :pac:

Advertisement